I know its been discussed in the past, but interesting to see that old whinging Warnock signed another keeper (all be it a useless ex scummer) and says you need 3 experienced keepers in Premier League. We only have 1 with any real 1st team experience.

Still think an older keeper (in the Paul Critchon mould) would be good to have around for the coming season.

Any thoughts? 

i personally think it would be a good idea to get the ex wolves goalkeeper on a 2 year contract, but also a CB; barnett and whitbread will do fine i think, but we (imo) need another one with the same ability if not better

''We only have one keeper with any first team experience''...

It doesn''t sound great when put like that - however, having a young England International as our back up keeper is probably the next best thing?

Hanheman (however you spell it) is currently in the USA squad. I doubt he will be going anywhere unless he is first choice keeper, and I suspect that means a move back to America. Personally I''d offer Richard Wright a one year deal. He isn''t great, but I''d be happy having him on the bench. He sat on the Sheffield United bench last season for a year, only played twice. Seeing as he is training with Ipswich to get fit, we can assume that he still has a home in the area. Looks like the answer is pretty much handed to us on a plate there. I really want to see Declan Rudd go on loan with a 24 hour recall clause. Then, next year, we DO have a goalkeeper with first team experience... in fact probably two, as Rudd and Steer would then fit the bill nicely.

[quote user="ms miggins"]i personally think it would be a good idea to get the ex wolves goalkeeper on a 2 year contract, but also a CB; barnett and whitbread will do fine i think, but we (imo) need another one with the same ability if not better[/quote]

Good thing we have De Laet and Ward as well then.

Beware of the back-lash M. Le Juge. When I mentioned Wright on this Board a few weeks ago I got such a hammering I had to back down.

I would have been more popular suggesting Theoklitos.

I have a feeling that Lambert will pull some experienced older keepere out of the bag before the window closes. It may even be Richard Wright.  

I''d rather Declan Rudd, a very highly rated young keeper who has never looked out of place, albeit at a lower level and not very often than sign Richard Wright who hasn''t even been up to standard in the Championship over the past few years.

[quote user="Canary_on_the Trent"]I''d rather Declan Rudd, a very highly rated young keeper who has never looked out of place, albeit at a lower level and not very often than sign Richard Wright who hasn''t even been up to standard in the Championship over the past few years.[/quote]

I''d prefer Declan to go out on loan and we could get someone in for a year. I think it would do Rudd the world of good to get a season of professional first team football under his belt. The reserve league will be of a better standard but he needs to learn in pressure situations, with all the up and down momments a keeper will have. I''d be seriously worried if we had to ask him to play more than a couple of games on the bounce in the pl.

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]

[quote user="ms miggins"]i personally think it would be a good idea to get the ex wolves goalkeeper on a 2 year contract, but also a CB; barnett and whitbread will do fine i think, but we (imo) need another one with the same ability if not better[/quote]

Good thing we have De Laet and Ward as well then.

[/quote]

I think you need to read what you highlighted again.

Although  no one has seen much of de laet apart from a little last season for portsmouth at right back and in pre season, he isn''t very experienced (which is my worry and isn''t very big). but we''ll see, he''s probably the next Rio Ferdinand or something.

Obviously put Ward in the starting squad for the last 10 games but not a game before.

I still think we should''ve gone all out for a GK from the start; But getting some old dog in is no use imo. I''m fearing the worst in that area, but doesn''t seem like PL is worried so we''ll see. I trust his judgement...

[quote user="Simeons Belly"]

Richard Wright?  I''d rather Lambert played with 10 men than allow that jug-eared binner anywhere near our club.

[/quote]Do you know how many Ipswich or Suffolk born players, Ipswich fans, or former Ipswich players, have played in the yellow and green? Ruel Fox, Daryl Sutch, Dale Gordon, to name a few.I''d much rather see an Ipswich player jump ship and pull on the yellow and green than vice versa. Having Richard Wright dressed up in a Norwich tracksuit behind Paul Lambert, for the whole of Suffolk to see everytime we are on match of the day playing Premiership football, is the perfect way to rub our smelly little bin kicking neighbours up the wrong way.I would have thought that anybody who genuinely hates Ipswich and has an iota of intelligence would have worked that one out. For that reason I would LOVE Richard Wright to pull on the number 13 jersey for a year. Exactly what we need after they stole Andy Marshall. Remember the hatred that we felt for him at the time? They can feel the same way about Wright.