Sign in to follow this  
Canary Boy

What is Svensson doing?

I cannot get to see Norwich playing much living here on the Isle of Wight but I do listen very carefully to the LIVE commentary and so far Svensson has either lost the ball, missed the ball, given the ball away or missed the target. That''s all he seemed to do again today against West Ham.

I know he won us the game against Forest but as I haven''t seen this guy yet...can anyone honestly tell me if he is any good?

i have a season ticket and although i havent made it to any away games this season ive seen a bit of svensson. From time to time he shows a bit of skill a good touch or makes a good pass but the rest of the time he seems to spend giving free kicks away. i havent seen nearly enough of him to say conclusively what type of a player he is but the above description just about sums up his performance against west ham today i think. Also i dont think he has the airial presence you might expect from a big "target man". i certainly wouldnt write him off yet though. Give him more games and well see what hes really got to offer

im not sure wat they were saying about svensson on the radio for the west ham game..but i was there and happened to think that svensson had a gd game..he made some lovely touches and seemed to open up play sometimes..he may not be iwan in the air, but he did put himself about.and im just thinking whether it would be worth giving robbo a well deserved rest,get him re-charged as it were and maybe give svensson a chance from the start.what does anyone else think?

he worked very hard today i thought when he came on. he did battle and got stuck in. roberts definately needed to come off, (roberts will be sub next week i guess, mckenzie and hucks upfront) i''d give him 7/10 for the amount of time he was on the pitch 2day.

Canary Boy, he needs a run in the team to regain his fitness.... but he has excellent potential.. believe me, he will be starting up front with Hucks soon.

He had a couple of good touches but, he 1) tries to be too tricky, 2) gets caught out of position too many times and 3) seems a bit lazy at times. Don''t know whether he''s still not fully fit after his knee op but still, an ex-prem player would be expected to have some natural fitness.

i would like to see him in the side for a few games . roberts looks good in short bursts but is looking tired . i think that when he gets fully fit he will be a real asset , but he needs games . for a big man he has got a good touch and he had an excellent 20 mins today .

I think the "knockers" are way out of line. Svensson was great when he came on, showed flair, committment, intelligence and more pace than Robbo.

Give him a chance, and watch the games if you want to criticise. You''ll notice that we weren''t doing very well til he came on.

Agree with you Mook, we were much better when Svensson came on - as for someone saying he isnt good in the air, presumably you missed his headed lay off to Francis yesterday - pure class, and could have been a goal.

McKenzie and Huckerby up front ain''t gonna happen. Much as we like to think we play it along the ground all the time, the fact it, as Colin Wa*k*r pointed out, we play it direct just as often, and without a target man to hold up the donkey kicks out of defence we''re wasting a lot of ball that might otherwise get laid off for Huckerby to do his stuff.
Mckenzie may yet get his moment ''cos the Sunderland game is sure to be a bit fruity and a fair few players still have to stay out of the refs book for another game to avoid a suspension, Hucks included.

Svensson should get the nod ahead of robbo against Sunderland on saturday. Against west ham robbo was really puffing after just 20mins of what was a very high tempo game. The man needs to be rested so he''s 100% ready for the run in. No games are going to be easy and we need the best 11 on the pitch and not 10 plus good old robbo( he''s not the fastest but he can head a ball). Svensson is a good! replacement for robbo and he has not done much wrong when ever he plays.And personally i think he changed the game for us on saturday, giving hucks another outlet.I think the "knockers" have a setiment problem and can''t handle the fact that robbo is to be replaced with a newer model. give the man a chance. And if anyone is judging a player from roy waller''s comentary, that man could make Tierry Henry sound sh*t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I thought that we looked the much better team once Sven had replaced Iwan. Saturdays game didnt suit Iwan at all - Stan you arethe man - the high tempo is what did for him! The writing was on the wall from McVeighs cross and iwan lack of pace meant he had to stretch to get to the ball and so mistimed his header...

Svens touch and ball playing brought the whole team and not just Hux into the game - without doubt he should start against the black cat in what will be another high tempo game. Iwan will be better against the likes of WBA and Stoke (defensively similar to the blades) and should be used accordingly...

OTBC