Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Just where is Cody Mac?

No training pics, no pre season games, not even in a Norwich 11 side, nothing, ziltch.

Does he even excist? has he been bannished? have we all been fooled by a cardboard cut out? only rumour supports the myth and the man now.

Where is he? [:O]

Come on Archant - Give us some info on cody!!

Is he even around? By the time he gets a club he''s going to be months behind everyone else.

[quote user="First Wizard"]

No training pics, no pre season games, not even in a Norwich 11 side, nothing, ziltch.

Does he even excist? has he been bannished? have we all been fooled by a cardboard cut out? only rumour supports the myth and the man now.

[/quote]Sitting on his arse getting paid for nothing

[quote user="Gene Tierney"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

Sitting on his arse getting paid for nothing
[/quote]

Sadly true I guess, some hero eh?

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Gene Tierney"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]Sitting on his arse getting paid for nothing[/quote]

[/quote]Leech! how dare he hang onto the club like this for a job he isn''t good enough to do!

[quote user="First Wizard"][quote user="Gene Tierney"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

What''s Cody supposed to do then? Mocking him is a bit unnecessary. All he wants to do is play - quite the opposite of that Smith chap who accepted a signing on fee from us then claimed he was homesick for Scotland until his premiership wage packet duly arrived. These days his sporran overfloweth with unearned cash methinks!

As for Cody, it looks as if he''s not going to be allowed to be a hero at Norwich, nor will we sell him on the cheap. He''s between a rock and a hard place the poor bloke...

[quote user="Gene Tierney"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Wouldn''t it be fair to assume he''s actually doing everything he possibly can behind the scenes to find himself a club? I really don''t see him as the sort of player who would be happy to rot for a season.

[quote user="Lord Horn"]

[quote user="paul moy"]Roeder/Lappin = Lambert/Cody[/quote]

So he is in your cellar then Paul???

[/quote]

Nope, must be in Lambert''s [:D]

Is there pictures of the U18''s training because he''s probably with them while he and we find him another club. Lambert quite cleary isn''t having a player he doesn''t want potentially upsetting team morale when he''s training with them.

[quote user="Jonzey"][quote user="Gene Tierney"][quote user="First Wizard"]

[/quote]Sitting on his arse getting paid for nothing[/quote]

Wouldn''t it be fair to assume he''s actually doing everything he possibly can behind the scenes to find himself a club? I really don''t see him as the sort of player who would be happy to rot for a season.

[/quote]Not really.For the sake of argument.  He''s being paid £5000 per week.  If he moves best he can get it is £3000 per week.  What would I do?  Sit on my arse.  There''s plenty of players doing it,  Lambert said himself last year while trying to get a loanee.  Players would rather pick up their pay packet for as little effort as possible.

I understand the logic, and some players do. But I suspect Cody isn''t one of these, he came through the lower leagues and I think he really appreciates where he is now. I bet he finds a new club pretty soon.

Also, regarding him being frozen out. It''s not the same as Roeder/Lappin. The five players told to find new clubs probably were treated with respect and should realise it''s the clubs quick rise through the leagues at fault, not an utter lack of respect and the managers physchological shortcomings. .

It might be trickier than that. If our asking price for him prohibits the L2/L1 clubs that are likely to be interested in his services then it is not really his decision. At the same time a high transfer fee would work against him in wage negotiations, which also puts him in an awkward position in which a waiting game might be the best option for him