Sign in to follow this  
@jayncfc

Otsemobor @ Sheffield Wednesday

Currently playing on Sky Sports HD1 at the moment. I know we have moved on massively since him, but was he ever good enough for the championship. I never thought so, but I am not a qualified coach or manager!

[quote user="jayncfc"]Currently playing on Sky Sports HD1 at the moment. I know we have moved on massively since him, but was he ever good enough for the championship. I never thought so, but I am not a qualified coach or manager![/quote]Was he ever good enough for League 1? He had all the key attributes of a potential England player, but the footballing brains of a stereotypical middle aged Baseball watching American. I seriously cannot name a single other Norwich right back who has been as much of a liability. The mistake against Colchester was just another in a series of damn silly decisions which seemed to occur at least once per match and I should imagine he was the first player that Lambert wanted out. The fact that he was released by Southampton after half a season and only played 19 games last season for Sheffield Wednesday supports the fact that he isn''t exactly setting the world alight in League One even now. I can honestly say that I rated Omusuzi and Jurgen Colin as better right backs, and that is saying something. To be honest I am surprised nobody has tried to persuade him to play on the right wing, where he is much less of a danger for his own team and could probably do a job.

I think liability is the exact words that we used to use for him too. He was the only defender I know who couldn''t defend. I know some look better going forward but he generally wasn''t good at defending, like these better attacking wing backs. He had pace, but that was about it. Seemed to be a confidence player too and in the relegation season, that made him look more shakey.

i wouldn''t even say he was that great going foreward, he had loads of pace but just decided never to use it.

The year we went down to League 1 I remember a specific goal we let in but can''t remember who against. - It was literally at the kick off and we passed it back and back until it was straight in our penalty box. I think it was the doc who passed it to semi(otsemobor) and he lost it when doing a pass to the goalie. it must have been timed at around 30 secs.

He had pace but never crossed the half way line...he used to get his head down, start to run and then just stop for the five yard square ball, useless!

Did we get him from Crewe? I can''t remember but i know the season we bought him he got some player of the season award in League One. He occasionally looked alright, blistering pace. Just seemed worried he was going to get a nose bleed whenever he got too far up the pitch (half way line).That, and i''ve seen Horses with downs-syndrome make better footballing decisions than him. The amount of times he clearly wasn''t concentrating and it would take him 2 or 3 seconds longer than anyone else to react to anything (i.e a team counter-attacking us). Cost us alot of points, but so did most of the players whilst he was here.

Quite simply the most frustrating footballer I''ve ever seen play for Norwich.

Had all the physical attributes to be a top class player. All that was missing was a brain

Probably one of the worst players I have seen play for us.Although he showed potential at first it very quickly became evident that although he had alot of pace the fact of the matter is he couldnt defend, he was lazy,  his decision making was awful, on the rare occasion he did go forward it took him about 5 minutes to get back into position and and there are so many goals he was at fault for. Complete and utter waste of space, might aswell have stuck a monkey at right back rather than him.