Sign in to follow this  
First Wazzock

Lawro's predictions - what a plum! [:@]

[:@]Wigan have lost Charles N''Zogbia and look weaker than they did at the end of last season. Roberto Martinez gets a lot out of his players but if they are not careful, eventually they will fall through the trapdoor.

The Latics were so inconsistent last time out - within games not just game-to-game - and I cannot see that being any different this campaign.

Similarly with Norwich, we do not know what to expect. You do not look at the raft of signings that Paul Lambert has made and think they are definitely going to stay up, because hardly any of them have played in the Premier League before.

Whether the Canaries do survive or not will depend on their record against the teams around them at the bottom, as well at home, which is why games like this will be important.

But I cannot see them surviving despite the fact that Lambert has done a great job to get them up.

Wigan got thumped by Blackpool on the opening day last season, and they definitely won''t want that to happen again against another newly promoted side. It might be a false dawn for the Latics but I see them winning this one.

Prediction: 2-0

Weaker than last year but he still expects them to beat us 2-0 - I just can''t see it.

IMO and many others, Lambert is one of the most talented managers in the Permiership. When we were in the Prem. in the ''90s we, by some margin, didn''t, on paper, have an excellent team but skillful managers gave us the edge over many teams that were thought to be better than us.

Don''t understand his logic. Thumped by Blackpool last year who had a team full of inexperienced players at the top level. Wigan are now a worse side than last year, and he predicts a 2-0 win against a Norwich side full of inexperienced players at the top level?

Next he''ll be saying we''re gonna get relegated to league 2 again!

[quote user="First Wazzock"]

[:@]Wigan have lost Charles N''Zogbia and look weaker than they did at the end of last season. Roberto Martinez gets a lot out of his players but if they are not careful, eventually they will fall through the trapdoor.

The Latics were so inconsistent last time out - within games not just game-to-game - and I cannot see that being any different this campaign.

Similarly with Norwich, we do not know what to expect. You do not look at the raft of signings that Paul Lambert has made and think they are definitely going to stay up, because hardly any of them have played in the Premier League before.

Whether the Canaries do survive or not will depend on their record against the teams around them at the bottom, as well at home, which is why games like this will be important.

But I cannot see them surviving despite the fact that Lambert has done a great job to get them up.

Wigan got thumped by Blackpool on the opening day last season, and they definitely won''t want that to happen again against another newly promoted side. It might be a false dawn for the Latics but I see them winning this one.

Weaker than last year but he still expects them to beat us 2-0 - I just can''t see it.

[/quote]

You should have got up earlier Wazzock

http://services.pinkun.com/FORUMS/PINKUN/CS/forums/2595289/ShowPost.aspx

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="First Wazzock"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Deputising for Joanna, Angel?

[;)]

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="First Wazzock"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not really, I know Wazzock so knew he''d smile [:)] plus Joanna is really Raymond.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="First Wazzock"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Not really, I know Wazzock so knew he''d smile [:)] plus Joanna is really Raymond.

[/quote]

Or Mustachio?

OTBC

"IMO and many others, Lambert is one of the most talented managers in the Permiership."

may i ask exactly what you base this statement on?, as far as i am aware, he`s never managed in the prem has he?...

just an observation as i read the thread. :)

[quote user="exiled blue"]"IMO and many others, Lambert is one of the most talented managers in the Permiership." may i ask exactly what you base this statement on?, as far as i am aware, he`s never managed in the prem has he?... just an observation as i read the thread. :)[/quote]

OK.....To simplify and break that statement down for you:

Of all of the managers managing, Paul Lambert is one of the most talented managers. No he hasn''t managed in the Premiership he just happens to be a Premiership manager at the moment.

He isn''t saying that his talent is based on previous Premiership management.

Do you not tink he is a talented manager?

[quote user="barclaystand"][quote user="scrappy33"]he is a cock[/quote]Couldn''t have put it better myself![/quote][IMG]http://us.cdn1.123rf.com/168nwm/cthoman/cthoman0801/cthoman080100158/2471915-rooster-farm.jpg[/IMG]

"Of all of the managers managing, Paul Lambert is one of the most talented managers. No he hasn''t managed in the Premiership he just happens to be a Premiership manager at the moment.

He isn''t saying that his talent is based on previous Premiership management.

Do you not tink he is a talented manager?"

yes he is a talented manager... in the lower leagues. he`s going up against the `big boys` now, not just on the big budgets,and big ego`s but managers who`ve been able to keep sides in the prem, on talent alone, with little money to spend. look at moyes as an example.

a year from now we`ll know how good he is. i think that he MAY be able to make the step up, but i`m not so sure the players he`s been able to buy will be able to do the same.not his fault, he can only buy what his budget allows.

time will tell...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[quote user="exiled blue"]"Of all of the managers managing, Paul Lambert is one of the most talented managers. No he hasn''t managed in the Premiership he just happens to be a Premiership manager at the moment. He isn''t saying that his talent is based on previous Premiership management. Do you not tink he is a talented manager?" yes he is a talented manager... in the lower leagues. he`s going up against the `big boys` now, not just on the big budgets,and big ego`s but managers who`ve been able to keep sides in the prem, on talent alone, with little money to spend. look at moyes as an example. a year from now we`ll know how good he is. i think that he MAY be able to make the step up, but i`m not so sure the players he`s been able to buy will be able to do the same.not his fault, he can only buy what his budget allows. time will tell... --------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/quote]

I would argue that back to back promotion on our budget is by far a greater achievement than Premiership survival on David Moys'' budget.