Sign in to follow this  
thetfordfan

Its De Laat and Whitbread

I can tell you the favored centre back partnership for this afternoon is De Laat and Whitbread, and thats come from Barnett himself, he''s dissapointed of course but accepts its a squad game....... bench to be revealed to the players sometime this morning. Thats as much as I know.

I don''t know Barnett myself my info comes via a third party source who is 100% genuine.

I would have thought Barnett and De Laat prior to hearing the news. I think Zak did great last year but I just think Barnett and De Laat is packed with pace which I believe is vital when defending in the premier league....

But I''m not Paul Lambert so what do I know

Just setting off soon. Think this is the best pairing at the moment. I like Barnett but he looked very Rusty in the friendlies and needs to get some fitness back. It will be interesting when Ayala arrives

It''s certainly the pairing I would have gone for.

De Laet is class, I''d love it if we had an option to sign him permanently at the end of the season (if we stay up, a possibility?) but, if he does well this time around, then he''ll be joining the Rafael twins, Smalling and Jones as one of the young tyros in the MU defence next season.

Whitbread was class at the end of last season-strong and quick, the two of them will complement each other well. Lambo has a side that has pace in all departments, a static defence would be suicide against some of the attacks in the PL, where-as one that is quick to play is, well, slighty less so!

Barnett will get games, no question. And, as has been said, when Ayala arrives, it will get VERY competitive in there indeed. Which can only be a good thing. The defence pretty much picked itself last time around in the Prem and we suffered for it.

Probably is the best pairing at the moment.  Cant really see where Ayala is gonna fit in this season, think he''d be 5th in the pecking order, hes defo one for the future.

if ayala thinks he is going to be 5th in the pecking order then he won''t be coming to us that''s for sure. i would think that he will be third at worst.

[quote user="thetfordfan"]I can tell you the favored centre back partnership for this afternoon is De Laat and Whitbread, and thats come from Barnett himself, he''s dissapointed of course but accepts its a squad game....... bench to be revealed to the players sometime this morning. Thats as much as I know.[/quote]

I thought Lambert said he''d be telling the players this morning who was in the squad and who was on the bench. Seems odd that he told the starting 11 last night according to you but isnt going to tell the subs until this morning?

Blimey some people are just so negative!!!! I''m just telling you what I know. I''m pretty sure all Managers at all levels will say things publicly that maybe isnt quite the case?

All im doing is passing on some info from a very reliable source, who for obvious reasons can not be named, well not if I want to continue to recieve snipits of info.

Is it not plausable that Lambert informed the starting 11 last night (in order for them to prepare themselves and get focused on their jobs today) and has left the naming of the bench until this morning to give the injured players as long as possible to make the squad/bench?

Lots goes on within the camp that we will never know, thats good managment, but I''m telling you that the I would be very suprised if my connection is wrong.

If in fact the info I give is incorrect come 3pm, I will come back on and apologise, but I don''t think that will be the case.

[quote user="thetfordfan"]Blimey some people are just so negative!!!! [/quote]

CA was not being negative, just stating what PL had said. You may be right and he did tell the 11 last night and if De Laet and Whitbread don''t start as a CB pair then it should be your source apologising to you. I believe that you have got what you consider reliable info but you have to understand that there have been several attention seekers over the years, that''s the nature of this forum I''m afraid.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]

[quote user="thetfordfan"]Blimey some people are just so negative!!!! [/quote]

CA was not being negative, just stating what PL had said. .

[/quote]

Yes thats all I was doing, just repeating what Lambert said in his interview yesterday teatime.

Yes well done thetfordfan, sorry if I doubted you but there has been a lot of rubbish on here lately so its difficult to weed out the reliable posts from the crap [:)]

Thanks guys, im not sure im the new daily oracle or anything, but as when I get little bits of interest I will share, as long it won''t cause any problems for my source of course!

Great Point today.