Sign in to follow this  
curly_whirly_tipz

A good omen we didnt win 3 points...

The last 2 seasons we have gained promotion after losing the 1st game so if we would have won 3 points maybe we would have been destined relegation. I think 1 point is pointing us in the right direction of staying 17th or higher!

Anyway all superstitions aside after going to the game yesterday I was overall impressed.

The players looks nervous in the first half but we couldnt have really expected anything else.

In the 2nd half I thought for alot of it we were the better team (despite what MOTD shows!).

Now that we have had our first taste of the premier league we can build and tighten and im sure witin a few games we can set our stand as a good quality premiership side :)

OTBC

Our 1st game in the prem was also 1-1...... that time we were at home to Palace so yesterdays result was more promising although we must follow it up with 3 points next Sunday against Stoke - early points will be critical to survival as on paper our best chance of survival lies in the 1st 10 games this year....

Hmm good point but I will back it up with we didnt have Lambert then (yes I know we didnt have him when we lost 7-1 but he came very soon after!)

I thought yesterday was a good building block and to have your 1st game in prem when most of players had never played in the league and were away from home was a good result. I think we have a better squad than we did last time we were in the prem and we have a better mentality to go out and win.

OTBC!!!