Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

Stephen Smith has left the club

I personally thought he was just a drain on our wage budget. Didn''t rate him at all really.

Great news.

Has great potential, but never materialised here. Admitted he wasn''t settled, so good for him and good for our wage budget. I admire the players that have left here to join new clubs.

Now for Oli, McNamee, Stephen Hughes, Cody and others to find a place to play games. They will not be playing here.

That''s Steven not Delia.[quote user="www.canaries.co.uk"]City can confirm defender Steven Smith has left the Club to join League One Preston North End in a one-year deal, with a further one-year option.The Scot arrives at Deepdale where Phil Brown''s side are looking for a swift return to the npower Championship having been relegated last season.Smith joined City from Rangers in a Bosman deal on July, 1, 2010 in a two-year deal.After making seven appearances for the Canaries last season, the defender joined SPL side Aberdeen on loan from January for the rest of the campaign where he made 17 appearances for the Dons in his time at Pittodrie. [/quote]

You''ve got to question exactly what this guys ambitions are in the game?. Presumable had he have showm a willingness to come back and give in another effort here, he may have beenb given a chance to fight for a place in the premiership, yet he''ll now be playing league one football.

So Mr ''Homesick for Scotland'' has gone................to Lancashire!

Perhaps he has been using the same atlas that Robbie Savage had when he left Birmingham ''to get closer to Wales'' - and subsequently joined Blackburn!

I used to live in Preston and know full well that although it''s more northern than Norwich, PNE is nowhere near the Highlands!

Onwards and upwards...

OTBC

I can''t quite understand some of the vitriol that was aimed at Smith, it seemed to be totally based on comments made by the guy who wanted to sign him at Aberdeen; he himself said nothing out of place at all yet found himself the centre of some rather nasty stuff. I say good luck to him.

[IMG]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_U4u24X-G-NQ/TQmDjuZzvQI/AAAAAAAAERo/PbRlYcfBx8g/s1600/ShootMeButton.png[/IMG]

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]Good news cause it saves us money and fair play to Smith for not just sitting here on his wages while training with the kids![/quote]Suspect we have paid him off to a degree just to get him out the door.

[quote user="Libbra Lives in Dubai"]I thought he was miserable and homesick for Scotland and that was the reason he was having problems. What a load of codswallop![/quote]

Exactly! we''re well rid of the little sh*t.

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]I can''t quite understand some of the vitriol that was aimed at Smith, it seemed to be totally based on comments made by the guy who wanted to sign him at Aberdeen; he himself said nothing out of place at all yet found himself the centre of some rather nasty stuff. I say good luck to him.[/quote]

Thats what I was thinking, dont think Stephen ever said anything about wanting to move back to Scotland, yet he''s getting all the stick.

He could have sat here for another year and picked up his wages but hasn''t.

Good luck to him. I doubt he signed for City with the intention of not settling in and playing his part. Sometimes it happens that players don''t fit in well and in these cases it makes sense for them to move on.

[quote user="cityangel"]

[quote user="Branston Pickle"]I can''t quite understand some of the vitriol that was aimed at Smith, it seemed to be totally based on comments made by the guy who wanted to sign him at Aberdeen; he himself said nothing out of place at all yet found himself the centre of some rather nasty stuff. I say good luck to him.[/quote]

Thats what I was thinking, dont think Stephen ever said anything about wanting to move back to Scotland, yet he''s getting all the stick.

He could have sat here for another year and picked up his wages but hasn''t.

[/quote]

If Smith was on a standard contract, he is was on Premiership money. My guess is that NCFC have greased the financial wheels to enable him to join Preston, I doubt very much indeed that he has simply gone to a league one club and has taken the relevant drop in wages, without some form of "compensation" in the deal. And I for one would never blame him if this has happened.

I was quite excited by this signing when we got him. It was a shame that things didn''t work out for him, I am sure he had come here with every intention of nailing down a place, why wouldn''t he? I hope he does well at Preston with Phil Brown and good luck to him.