Sign in to follow this  
Sjb

Ruddy is going to be a good good keeper

Ruddy is younge what 23 i think? Still learning the game, and on yesterday performance he''s improved over the summer on some of his main weaknesses crossing, and shot handling, he looked very assured and will only get better as the season gets on. I personally belive he will be a major part of our success this season.

Lambert must know a good ''keeper when he sees one as he must have played in front of many during his esteemed footballing career.

That he has shown consistent faith in John Ruddy, from day one, is enough for me.

Manchester United seem to have more problems with goalkeepers than us at the moment, and they paid a fortune for theirs.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

Manchester United seem to have more problems with goalkeepers than us at the moment, and they paid a fortune for theirs.

[/quote]Don''t think he has been in a game they have lost yet has he? I just don''t get it sometimes, were you never nervous on starting a new job or getting a promotion? It''s the same for these guys...

[quote user="BroadstairsR"]

Lambert must know a good ''keeper when he sees one as he must have played in front of many during his esteemed footballing career.

That he has shown consistent faith in John Ruddy, from day one, is enough for me.

[/quote]

Totally agree.

I agree, I rate Ruddy and he was very good yesterday.  He had a bit of a mix up with Barnett towards the end when De Laet had to block twice to save us but apart from that he was excellent.  He got down quickly a couple of times to save shots and his handling from crosses was very good as well, he also wasn''t too far away from the penalty either.

Ruddy is going to be a good good keeper

but shirley we need a good good keeper now?

I thought he was great yesterday - first class.He had good hands for the crosses and corners, and his distribution was good.In the incident that everyone is reffering to where he rushed out to the edge of his box, I thought barnet should have dealt with it more positively then there would be no need for him to try and rescue the situation.JR had a good game - he was one of our best players yesterday - FACT!

He rushed out earlier on and cleared the ball into row z, which i felt was a very good decision with out doing that, Wigan had 2 strikers to 1 defender. So he read the situation well there, saving an almost certain goal. Aslong as the fans dont moan at him he''ll be a world apart than what we saw of him last season. My biggest concern is that certain fans wont give him a chance on sunday and just slate him, which could and proberly well knock his confidence.

i can''t believe man u invested all that money in a streak of p1ss like that ? he will get constantly singled out bullied in the prem... ruddy looked assured throughout the game yesterday i''ve got no worries [:D]

Problem is that there are so few world-class keepers around who are for sale - how do you replace someone like Van der Sar? De Gea looks nervous at the moment, he has a weight of expectation upon him. Ruddy, on the other hand looks confident, luckily for us. I thought he was absolutely great on Saturday and looked much more lively than Wigan''s keeper.

I wouldn''t be surprised if he gets an England call-up fairly soon as he has his best years yet to come.