Sign in to follow this  
Stowmarket Canary (not Delia)

These ex pro's make me angry!!!

Just seen a video from Sky sports news soccer saturday show. Paul Merson slagging us off, basically claiming we won''t keep a clean sheet all season! As football people why do they fail to look at the facts???! It was our first game back in the Prem for some years. It was the first time the majority of our players had played at that level, so nerves would obviously come into play, we''ve risen from league 1 through to the Premier league in such a short space of time its a wonder we''re even there! They''re righting us off having probably only seen us play that 1 time. What do they expect?? For us to go out there with all the poise and swagger of a Man Utd??? At least give us a few games for us to find our feet before you start slagging us off! I obviously want us to stay up, but hearing the words of these so called experts makes me want it even more!!!!!

[quote user="now youre gotta believe us....."]Just seen a video from Sky sports news soccer saturday show. Paul Merson slagging us off, basically claiming we won''t keep a clean sheet all season! As football people why do they fail to look at the facts???! It was our first game back in the Prem for some years. It was the first time the majority of our players had played at that level, so nerves would obviously come into play, we''ve risen from league 1 through to the Premier league in such a short space of time its a wonder we''re even there! [/quote]Maybe that''s why he doubts we''ll keep a clean sheet this season?

Plenty of fans have/had worries about the strength of the defence too - so I dont think that statement is too harsh...

I keep telling my work mates, when asking about fantasy league players, that they shouldn''t pick our defenders. Pointing out that last season we conceded just one goal less than Scunthorpe, who were relegated. Lambert''s  policy is to attack, and I''m all for it !

We didn''t keep many clean sheets last season did we?

Far more important for us to concentrate on scoring more than the opposition than getting hung up on clean sheets.

Nope, it''s not all over when the white lady sings. Far, far from it.

OTBC

[quote user="swindoncanary"]I keep telling my work mates, when asking about fantasy league players, that they shouldn''t pick our defenders. Pointing out that last season we conceded just one goal less than Scunthorpe, who were relegated.
Lambert''s  policy is to attack, and I''m all for it !
[/quote]

All out attack works if you have the quality, like in the championship. Look at Blackpool last season. Also we go ''all out attack'' and yet don''t create many clear cut chances. We never play for anything less that 3 points but don''t always go all out attack.

"and one blatent but not given penalty from conceding a second"

absolute drivel

I don''t know why the "pundits" are singling out Norwich for mistakes in defence. I watched Blackburn v Wolves and WBA v Man U and saw plenty of mistakes from the defenders in those games. At least we were playing some attractive football at times, unlike the hoof ball from Blackburn most of the time. Even Man U displayed a lack of flair from the midfield. It''s early days.

Don''t waste time bothering what Merson has to say, he couldn''t keep a clean sheet in bed