Sign in to follow this  
Mr Brownstone

Ayala - Done Deal

Official Club Tweet:

City confirm defender Daniel Ayala is poised to join from Liverpool subject to the relevant paperwork being completed

UberSocial for BlackBerry • 13/08/2011 18:34

Wonder how involved he was in Liverpool''s pre-season. How close he is to match fitness could be a big factor over the next few games.Certainly seems to tick all the boxes. I''ve seen several ''Pool fans comment how suprised they were it was a sale rather than a loan and again at how seemingly cheap he was let go for.

fab signing and should truly strengthen the team - well done team PL

[quote user="SE London Canary"]He was at the Wigan game today![/quote]

Aye[Y]

Is he actually any good?

Good signing. Young, has the hunger, potential-so an investment, the more players we can sign for £1 Million and sell for £6-£8 Million, the better-and schooling at Liverpool and Sevilla, so damned good background and professional upbringing.

Can''t see him coming in as a squad player-possibly to play alongside De Laet in the centre of defence for the most part this season?

Mind you, with De Laets versatility, a back four of Naughton-Ayala-Barnett (or) Whitbread-De Laet doesn''t look too shabby!

Certainly an improvement on Edworthy-Fleming-Charlton-Drury!  (and not knocking steady Eddie in particular, but this seasons permutations just have a little more about them).

Agree completely shuck, moses highlighted why I was concerned - but PL is getting there adding pace and strength across the pitch,   just needs to gel quickly and the whole team to adjust fast to the different pace of the game at prem level.

I''m sure Dani encouraged him to come over here rather than other teams..hopefully he follows suit in Jan!;) Think the timing of Ayala coming to City could be huge.. My Liverpool-supporting family and friends are very surprised it''s a permanent and not a loan

I''m watching Dani Pacheco playing for Spain v Brazil now, on Euro Sport. Kicked off at midnight.

I''m half thinking that Pacheco might join us as part of the deal, so that they''ve got a Spanish mate to talk to.

From Dani P''s Twitter.........

dani37pacheco Daniel Pacheco

Brilliant news, Daniel Ayala going to Norwich city. 1 of my best friends in football, and a GREAT player. I''m sure every1 will enjoy there!!

13 Aug

[quote user="Jin - York Canary"]Love the tweet..get Dani over too! Stock up on the Spanish skills[/quote]

For what its worth I have a Liverpool ST holding friend who tells me that the word there is that Pacheco will be joining us once he returns from Spain duty. I don''t know how reliable that is; after all, its from a scouser....

Think the majority of fans would all agree that Pacheco back would be a great signing for this club. I would even say the best signing of this window if we got him.

His ability is amazing, his value will dramatically increase if he develops along the same lines, he understands the values of Paul Lambert and our club.

I used to say that was the most important thing, I believe it is with other new and existing players at this club, embracing the ethos. But in Pacheco''s case, he has potential to be a big fish in a small pond and he is a very humble young man. No grand ego and that is a trait of many non english players.

Ayala is a player who I have noted at l''pool and have been aware of his loan spell. Hoping this can be concluded, Pacheco would be amazing. But I am sure I read that Kenny said he would be the last to go this window

Signing confirmed for a reported £800k according to .......................teletext!!

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Jin - York Canary"]Love the tweet..get Dani over too! Stock up on the Spanish skills[/quote]

For what its worth I have a Liverpool ST holding friend who tells me that the word there is that Pacheco will be joining us once he returns from Spain duty. I don''t know how reliable that is; after all, its from a scouser....

[/quote]

Hope so, and I know I''m certainly over analysing this but around the same time Pacheco did an interview in which he said he would love to come back to Norwich City one day, McNally tweeted "Excellent, just leaving for Norwich right now", so either he justs really loves Norwich, or this tweet suggests he had been away on business and is pleased with the outcome...

Yes I know, very wishfull thinking that this could link in with Pacheco, but I can hope [:)]