Sign in to follow this  
H4H

you have to read this....

There was no prouder moment for me than when I was asked to join Norwich’s board of directors. I can bring neither football nor financial expertise to the table, but I can bring that element of loyalty, devotion and local passion that I hope and believe is a great part of what makes football the most popular game on.

So just why was he elected to the board?

Delia''s puppet thats why!

What harm does he bring being on the board of directors?? If he can add value in other ways, i.e the media then surely this is a positive thing for our football club??

In my opinion he offers very little more than any 26,000 other City fan would, except maybe backing Delia, Wynny and Foulger up come voting time! [:|]

[quote user="First Wizard"]In my opinion he offers very little more than any 26,000 other City fan would, except maybe backing Delia, Wynny and Foulger up come voting time! [:|][/quote]

And the only person that cares about your opinion is....? [:#]

As First Wizard and, indeed, Mr Fry alludes to himself he offers no more than you or I would as fans. However his appointment is a matter for Delia and MWJ and I doubt they will ever explain that decision nor do they need to.Mr Fry is not the first celebrity to be a director of a football club, the late Eric Morecambe was one at Luton Town FC for many years. What has disappointed me is that Mr Fry has failed to identify his allegience  to NCFC on any of his many TV appearances such as by wearing a club tie or badge or even a shirt if he felt so inclined. This would be a way he could bring something to the table that we mere fans could not. In the case of Eric Morecambe it was a very rare TV Morecambe and Wise show that did not include some reference to Luton Town FC. What positive value this brought them is unknown however you were left in no doubt as to where Eric''s loyalties footballwise lay.

[quote user="First Wizard"]In my opinion he offers very little more than any 26,000 other City fan would, except maybe backing Delia, Wynny and Foulger up come voting time! [:|][/quote]

At least he actually goes to games Wiz...

Stephen Fry offers the club much exposure thats the difference between him and the average fan in the stands!

An average non celebrity person would struggle to have 500-1000 people on their facebook page let alone the how many million twitter followers Fry has!

How many people do you have following your every word on Twitter Wiz?

While I agree that Mr. Fry could throw in the odd use of club colours or something, there is no question of where his footballing loyalties lie and every single follower of his on Twitter will know that. If that helps expose us to a wider audience then he is doing his job in my opinion. He also strikes me as a very opinionated person that would stand for what he believed in rather than being someone''s puppet. (Regardless of that being the proverbial hand that feeds him)

I see no harm in what he brings to the club in that he brings our club to the attention of millions of people every time he tweets or writes an article such as the one we all read above.

The thousands of people with little Norwich badges on their Twitter profile pics, something started by Fry, shows you how much exposure he gets. He is extremely popular throughout the English speaking world, and will no doubt come in handy if we ever decide to tap the American market. If we stay up then I can''t see it being any more than a few years before we are playing tournaments in pre-season against the likes of Colorado Rapids and Coca Cola whatsemebobs, we won''t be Delia''s Norwich over there... we will be Stephen Fry''s Norwich.... Delia is a nobody in the states, whilst Stephen Fry is probably a B-lister.

[quote user="LeJuge"]The thousands of people with little Norwich badges on their Twitter profile pics, something started by Fry, shows you how much exposure he gets. He is extremely popular throughout the English speaking world, and will no doubt come in handy if we ever decide to tap the American market. If we stay up then I can''t see it being any more than a few years before we are playing tournaments in pre-season against the likes of Colorado Rapids and Coca Cola whatsemebobs, we won''t be Delia''s Norwich over there... we will be Stephen Fry''s Norwich.... Delia is a nobody in the states, whilst Stephen Fry is probably a B-lister. [/quote]In fact, a quick search of Google News show this.....Australia: http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/entertainment/a/-/entertainment/9922054/fry-brings-qi-to-perth/USA: http://www.foxsports.com.au/football/premier-league/relegation-candidates-simon-hill-previews-the-2011-12-barclays-premier-league-season/story-e6frf4a3-1226107787397USA: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/799480-premier-league-where-will-the-managerial-axe-fall-firstThree very recent articles which mention Stephen Fry alongside Norwich City. If Delia has helped to raise the profile in the UK, something which she has no doubt done over the past decade or so, then Fry is helping to raise the profile globally. It is already happening. The higher the profile the higher the commercial revenues, the greater the potential opportunities, the more likely some random Argentinian 16 year old will want to sign for us rather than say....... Wigan. I''m all for it.

I couldn''t agree more LeJuge. The people claiming Fry is doing what any of us fans could do is utter nonsense. If one of us were to promote the club on Twitter hardly anybody would notice, if Fry promotes the club millions notice it, and it''s inevitable somewhere along the line Norwich have new fans as a result.

Yes, all he is doing is being a passionate fan and spreading the word, but I think people underestimate the global fanbase this man has.

Evidently you''re not watching enough TV Crafty, as i''ve noticed Fry wearing City shirts on a number of programmes recently!

The one example i can remember the details of was during his documentary on the BP oil spill, where he spent a large chunk of the programme wearing a New York Canaries shirt.

I dare say the third part of his autobiography will include large sections about us, too.

"So just why was he elected to the board?

Delia''s puppet thats why!

Whilst it should be obvious that Stephen Fry is yet another in the long line of celebrities ever desperate to join any bandwagon that enhances there image I''m afraid wizards bile has run away with himself .... yet again.

If Stephen Fry was elected to act as a puppet on the board then it could only have been to vote/back her. Those divisions or splits must have been there for him to be needed.

So why was he elected ? Or more importantly how was he elected ? Surely as majority shareholder Delia and wyn could carry the day at any point.

Or perhaps this is yet merely another peg for wizard to hang his dislike of Delia upon. Still, it could be worse could it not wizard ? We could be going into administration with our top striker Holt out for three months.

That would be something ''we would have to read''.

I wouldn''t care if Lady GaGa was invited onto the Board, as long as she increased the profile and pssible profitability of our Club. Millions of little teeny things buying NCFC shirts? Ye please.

From the tone of Fry''s article and the real passion he had for the City and the Club, I wouldn''t be surprised if some small financial input might evetually come from him.

I wonder who''s the richer now, him or Delia?

Wrong. Fry has worn his New York Canaries shirt twice while filming documentaries. A green shirt with a huge canary logo on the front with an NY below it. I believe one of the docs was a nature one filmed in Australia.

[quote user="Who Let The Fox Out "]

How many people do you have following your every word on Twitter Wiz?

While I agree that Mr. Fry could throw in the odd use of club colours or something, there is no question of where his footballing loyalties lie and every single follower of his on Twitter will know that. If that helps expose us to a wider audience then he is doing his job in my opinion. He also strikes me as a very opinionated person that would stand for what he believed in rather than being someone''s puppet. (Regardless of that being the proverbial hand that feeds him)

I see no harm in what he brings to the club in that he brings our club to the attention of millions of people every time he tweets or writes an article such as the one we all read above.

[/quote]

None, I''m not on it, its for tw*ts.

[quote user="InLambertWeTrust"]

At least he actually goes to games Wiz...

[/quote]

As do I.......I just don''t broadcast it that often.......or indeed claim to like some on here.[:|]