Sign in to follow this  
LeJuge

How does movers and shakers work?

I was reading Mr Tilson''s thread about his seat being taken away. As much as it is clear that we don''t get on, I think he and other fans have been treated extremely unfairly, in fact I think they should all get a nice 25% rebate, enough vouchers to buy a city shirt or whatever, and a letter of apology signed in real ink from the pen of McNally. A few people have suggested that he and the others get first dibs in the movers and shakers thing, then I realised that I don''t really understand how that works. If I wanted to move from say the Jarrold Stand to the Barclay Lower in the next window, do you have to find somebody who wants to exchange their exact seat for your exact seat, or do you just say something like "I want block E or D in the Barclay, top half of the stand" and then hope that somebody in the top half of block E or D happen to want a seat in your block in the Jarrold?

[quote user="LeJuge"]I was reading Mr Tilson''s thread about his seat being taken away. As much as it is clear that we don''t get on, I think he and other fans have been treated extremely unfairly, in fact I think they should all get a nice 25% rebate, enough vouchers to buy a city shirt or whatever, and a letter of apology signed in real ink from the pen of McNally.

A few people have suggested that he and the others get first dibs in the movers and shakers thing, then I realised that I don''t really understand how that works. If I wanted to move from say the Jarrold Stand to the Barclay Lower in the next window, do you have to find somebody who wants to exchange their exact seat for your exact seat, or do you just say something like "I want block E or D in the Barclay, top half of the stand" and then hope that somebody in the top half of block E or D happen to want a seat in your block in the Jarrold?

[/quote]

I''ve used it once, because I wanted to shift seats within the stand I was in, so I phoned the club and asked what was available. As it happens, there was a better seat, which was vacant, so that was very simple. Whether the club keeps a list of occupied seats where the occupier has said they are looking for a change,  so a more complicated switch is possible, I don''t know.

Once again all the fuas gone out of it

Previously you turned up one Saturday morning in July and assembled round the track alongside the pitch.

There would be music playing and you would all work around the pitch.

When the music stopped you would rush to grab any spare seats that had a marker on them. You took the marker round to the ticket office and claimed your seat.

I was told that it stopped, as many of the disabled claimed it put them at a personal disadvantage. I think the club may have stopped it as one year two wheelchair users were still battling over a seat at 11.55pm - it was in the Barclay Upper.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="LeJuge"]I was reading Mr Tilson''s thread about his seat being taken away. As much as it is clear that we don''t get on, I think he and other fans have been treated extremely unfairly, in fact I think they should all get a nice 25% rebate, enough vouchers to buy a city shirt or whatever, and a letter of apology signed in real ink from the pen of McNally. A few people have suggested that he and the others get first dibs in the movers and shakers thing, then I realised that I don''t really understand how that works. If I wanted to move from say the Jarrold Stand to the Barclay Lower in the next window, do you have to find somebody who wants to exchange their exact seat for your exact seat, or do you just say something like "I want block E or D in the Barclay, top half of the stand" and then hope that somebody in the top half of block E or D happen to want a seat in your block in the Jarrold? [/quote]

I''ve used it once, because I wanted to shift seats within the stand I was in, so I phoned the club and asked what was available. As it happens, there was a better seat, which was vacant, so that was very simple. Whether the club keeps a list of occupied seats where the occupier has said they are looking for a change,  so a more complicated switch is possible, I don''t know.

[/quote]Oh I see, that makes more sense. They just offer you one of the casual seats, and your old seat then goes on general sale. Makes more sense, I suppose the chances of two season ticket holders actually swapping seats is pretty slim in that respect. Although isn''t the lower Barclay all season ticket? If so, that would need somebody who wants to move out of the Barclay.The only reason that I am asking is because I have no idea who has renewed around me or who has moved etc. I will find out at the Stoke game, I have terrible visions of the seats in front and behind being occupied by people who were wearing Chelsea shirts with Lampard on the back this time last year. If that happens, I''m moving asap.

[quote user="LeJuge"][quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="LeJuge"]I was reading Mr Tilson''s thread about his seat being taken away. As much as it is clear that we don''t get on, I think he and other fans have been treated extremely unfairly, in fact I think they should all get a nice 25% rebate, enough vouchers to buy a city shirt or whatever, and a letter of apology signed in real ink from the pen of McNally.

A few people have suggested that he and the others get first dibs in the movers and shakers thing, then I realised that I don''t really understand how that works. If I wanted to move from say the Jarrold Stand to the Barclay Lower in the next window, do you have to find somebody who wants to exchange their exact seat for your exact seat, or do you just say something like "I want block E or D in the Barclay, top half of the stand" and then hope that somebody in the top half of block E or D happen to want a seat in your block in the Jarrold?

[/quote]

[/quote]

Oh I see, that makes more sense. They just offer you one of the casual seats, and your old seat then goes on general sale. Makes more sense, I suppose the chances of two season ticket holders actually swapping seats is pretty slim in that respect. Although isn''t the lower Barclay all season ticket? If so, that would need somebody who wants to move out of the Barclay.

The only reason that I am asking is because I have no idea who has renewed around me or who has moved etc. I will find out at the Stoke game, I have terrible visions of the seats in front and behind being occupied by people who were wearing Chelsea shirts with Lampard on the back this time last year. If that happens, I''m moving asap.
[/quote]

---

LeJuge, for the moment it probably would have to be a casual seat, and then you might be able to do a proper swap the next time Movers and Shakers came around. But for now no harm at all, if you do find yourself surrounded by fake Londoners, in asking the Ticket Office what might be available.