Sign in to follow this  
InLambertWeTrust!

I know we all hate John Ruddy but...

I think he deserves a lot of credit for his performance yesterday.

He looked assured and confident with everything Wigan threw at him - yes he made the mistake when he went rushing out to their striker but tell me a goalkeeper that hasnt ever made a mistake.

I''m glad Lambert didnt invest in a goal keeper on yesterdays performance - Ruddy played well.

But no doubt had we signed FF we would have won with the big Geordie netting the winner.....

Keep it up John!

I think peoples biggest criticism of him was his failure to catch crosses, corners etc and in my opinion he done that very well today. Also held shots well, rather than doing the easy thing and parrying them away.Either way, he looked alot better than Wigans goalkeeper! And if i remember rightly, they paid quite a sum for him!

I thought he had a good solid game, potentially it may have been a clean sheet if he hadnt have had the Penalty which he still went the right way. Made a couple of good saves at the death, and to be honest with the coming out to the edge of his box it was a 50/50 decession and I understand why he chose to fly out and close down the striker though it didnt quite come off.

Agreed, easily good enough to be our number 1. Only getting better and improving in the areas many have criticised him in. I think he will have a great season.

I dont hate John Ruddy ILWT, and I think your title thread is disrespectful and quite frank fully a little moronic.

Sounds like your one of the Ruddy haters/Forster lovers/no clue about football whatsoever, and youve finally come to your senses and seen what most us of thought. John Ruddy deserved his chance and looks every bit a Premier League goalkeeper. Yes one error, which Barnett played his part in, but overall a polished display.

Commanding, safe hands, unlike established Prem keeper Al-Habsi and good shot stopping.

The one save down low to his right was superb.

Really is time to get off his back cause all you do is make yourself look silly and highlight how little you know about professional football.

[quote user="Huckerbys Boots - Matt"]I dont hate John Ruddy ILWT, and I think your title thread is disrespectful and quite frank fully a little moronic. Sounds like your one of the Ruddy haters/Forster lovers/no clue about football whatsoever, and youve finally come to your senses and seen what most us of thought. John Ruddy deserved his chance and looks every bit a Premier League goalkeeper. Yes one error, which Barnett played his part in, but overall a polished display. Commanding, safe hands, unlike established Prem keeper Al-Habsi and good shot stopping. The one save down low to his right was superb. Really is time to get off his back cause all you do is make yourself look silly and highlight how little you know about professional football.[/quote]

Have to agree with this.I hope our players don''t read this forum,especially a title like this.

Personally i don''t think people do hate him,but,although it was hammered home too often,posters were worried about his limitations.

At the end of the day those who bash Ruddy simply have no clue about football.

Yes he may have made the odd error last season, who didn''t? I remember Fox having a nightmare away at Swansea, giving the ball straight to them from which they scored. Hoolahan missed a couple of penalties didn''t he? Holt missed is fair share of sitters. These errors could have cost us points but do the Ruddy bashers highlight this? Of course not.

All I read from this thread is an idiot Ruddy basher finally coming to his senses after Ruddys very decent Prem debut, in which he proved what the majority of us, Lambert included, already knew!

That he was good enough!!

Ruddy is our first choice goalkeeper and will remain so this season, barring injury.

Fraser Forster is not returning to Norwich as a player for us. End of. Can''t we let that go now-its dragging on like the Fabregas transfer.

Ruddy was the keeper of a team that got promotion last season. He was good enough then, he''ll prove he is more than good enough this season.

Support and back him as any other Norwich player please. He''s in the team on merit and on the more than qualified judgement of our Manager and coaching staff. I''ll back their views above anyone elses!

There was no way any keeper was saving that penalty unless they dived a second earlier than the kicker took it. It was "the perfect penalty." Ruddy dived very quickly and to the right side at full stretch and still couldn''t reach it. Good effort.His commanding of the box looked assured and he kept hold of every cross that he went for.He made some very good close range saves and that dive low to his right was great.With the Barnett situation, if you think about it, had he not come out the Wigan player could have got the better of Barnett and been able to rifle a shot at Ruddy. By Ruddy coming out like he did, he did enough to stop the shot. Ideally he would have been able to come out and scoop up the ball but he did hesitate a bit in rushing from the goal line meaning he wasn''t quite far enough out to get it without taking the player. Stopped the shot being able to be taken and they didn''t score so to some extent... Job done.Very pleased with his performance yesterday.

I agree! This post is useless....

Ruddy looked strong and confident yesterday - probably more so than last season which is very promising considering the massive step up in quality the premiership offers.

It''s time to get behind the boys - every player makes the odd mistake its just seems to be Ruddys that get remembered! He make some great saves yesterday and will continue this throughout the season.

Ruddy, Ruddy, Ruddy :)

Ruddy was immense yesterday, only one noticeable mistake when he ran to clear the ball and failed but his shot stopping was spot on, nearly saved the pen as well.

I didnt criticise Lambert for not bringing in Forster, therefore there is a flaw in your statement that everyone hates John Ruddy. Extremely disrespectful remark

The Wigan goalie reminded me off my sunday league footy days when we had a different keeper every week and most of them took short goal kicks as they hated kicking the ball long.... cant believe this guy Al whatever his name is is actually a prem goalie.

This "John Ruddys not very good myth" is oh so tiring and miles of the mark!

The mistake yesterday was just as much Barnetts fault, NOT Ruddys on his own!

Other than that he was rock solid and looked better than Wigans goalkeeper!

Also while Fraser Forster done a good job for us in League 1 some fans make him out to be the 2nd coming of christ!

Forster wasn''t the complete article - his kicking was over good!

After what the team achieved last season of which Ruddy made a large contribution, its about time this rubbish about John Ruddy was ut to bed!

I''ve been around long enough to see some of the clubs great keepers like Nethercoft, Kennon, Keelan, Woods and Gunn and also some of the poor ones. While I wouldn''t put Ruddy in with those greats, he may get there in time if he stays with us over a long period and hes certainly miles away from being classed with the poor keepers!

I don''t wish to be included in such a stupid statement.

I DON''T hate John Ruddy actually. Fans on this message board constantly think they can speak for others.

I am trying to relate the OP''s name to the title of the thread.Something is not quite right.[*-)]

No reason at all why Ruddy shouldn''t have a career with us along the line of Gunny''s-first choice and established over many seasons and, ultimately, as much a fans favourite.

The downside of that of course, is that the two young tyros we have coming up in the wings, Messrs.Rudd and Steer may well move on if the above is the case. But promise and potential now doesn''t mean it''ll follow through into a long term career at the top-Joe Lewis left here, his career temporarily accelerated..but he''s still at Peterborough, I am sure if someone wanted to take a punt on him they would have done last Summer....however....

If Ruddy is established at the end of this season, regardless of where we finish, I would be fearful that one of the two of them would be gone next Summer.

Your right Old shuck but theirs no guarantees that a young player will make the grade!

Go back 7,8,9 years and the big white hope at Norwich was wonderkid Ryan Jarvis and look how hes turned out!

Joe Lewis was never good enough to play for us while we he was at the club depite many saying otherwise who''d probably never seen him play.

Rudd looks liek a good prospect but until hes actually done it over a period of time theirs no guarantees he''l come through!

Same with Steer!

At this moment in time Ruddys better than both of them which is why hes ahead of them in the pecking order!

Al-habsi is a classic example of why its hard to buy better than Ruddy. 

Al-h was excellent last season, instrumental in keeping wigan up, a v capable keeper of prem standard, yet made a school boy error yesterday gifting hoolahan a soft goal and costing wigan 2 pts.

Ruddy was as assured as Al-Habsi and bears comparison with many established prem keepers. Yes, Ruddy WILL make mistakes, some as calamitous as Al-Habsi, but then every prem keeper will. For me JT is capable and I dont see him costing us any more points than the keepers of our rivals.  Bearing in mind Al-h cost £4m can everyone now see why PL has decided to put his faith in JR rather than spend a disproportionate amount on a new keeper?

Sound allocation of funds by PL.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]I think CT''s thread title was in jest...[/quote]Atleast you said it...[:)]

Yeah congratulations to Ruddy for his performance yesterday, as along with Fox, Hoolahan, Morison and De Laet he was one of our better players for me. I was pleased that the good work that he had done yesterday afternoon was not undone by his slight rush of blood when Barnett had the ball covered in the last 10 mins. That would''ve been harsh on Ruddy, as he had looked calm and composed, handling most things that had come in to his area with ease up to that point.

So well done to John Ruddy for a good performance yesterday, but let''s not get too carried away. There were no great performances yesterday and we will face far stiffer tests than Wigan, who will do very well to just survive relegation themselves in my opinion.

Good to get our first point on the board away from home though and hopefully that will give the lads the confidence and belief to win a game or two in the coming weeks. I think we looked a far better side than Wigan and would hope that we are able to prove that by the time they visit Carrow Road.

[quote user="InLambertWeTrust"]

But no doubt had we signed FF we would have won with the big Geordie netting the winner.....

[/quote]

Not exactly, but I think Fraser Forster would have saved that penalty yesterday so we would have won 1-0.

[quote user="Smudger"]Yeah congratulations to Ruddy for his performance yesterday, as along with Fox, Hoolahan, Morison and De Laet he was one of our better players for me. I was pleased that the good work that he had done yesterday afternoon was not undone by his slight rush of blood when Barnett had the ball covered in the last 10 mins. That would''ve been harsh on Ruddy, as he had looked calm and composed, handling most things that had come in to his area with ease up to that point.

So well done to John Ruddy for a good performance yesterday, but let''s not get too carried away. There were no great performances yesterday and we will face far stiffer tests than Wigan, who will do very well to just survive relegation themselves in my opinion.

Good to get our first point on the board away from home though and hopefully that will give the lads the confidence and belief to win a game or two in the coming weeks. I think we looked a far better side than Wigan and would hope that we are able to prove that by the time they visit Carrow Road.[/quote]Balanced viewpoint for sure.I think that `rush of blood` showed one of the disadvantages of changing your central defence during a game. Lack of communication from either Ruddy or Barnett, but thankfully we didnt suffer from it.Agree we looked to at least have much more potential than Wigan. Looking forward to Stoke now but it''s going to very, very hard!

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="InLambertWeTrust"]

[/quote]

Not exactly, but I think Fraser Forster would have saved that penalty yesterday so we would have won 1-0.

[/quote]The same Frazer Forster who never saved a penalty for us?Ruddy has saved one.. and if you watch last seasons highlights has gone the right way for every single penalty bar one....I like Ruddy, best keeper we have had in a long tima at Carrow Road, and i for one hope he plays for us for many years.

I like John Ruddy. I think he''s a good ''keeper and is improving every week. Bit harsh to say everyone hates him, I''m sure he has alot of support from most of us.