Sign in to follow this  
Shaun Tilly Lace

Is Joey Barton a modern day Nietzsche?

[quote user="Dan Druff"]I love his footy-star-style philosophies. The bard of Newcastle/Scouseland.[/quote]

---

Given what happened to Nietzsche in his later years I do hope not!

[quote user="Jimmy Smith"]An Oxymoron, i believe is the word you are looking for :)[/quote]

Spot on. Love it. That''s very clever. Give a moron enough oxygen and he/she will thrive.

[quote user="Dan Druff"]Despite my ironic post, I do think he has a bit of a brain on him. He''s a contradiction in terms: an intelligent thug.[/quote]That''s the ''Nietzsche'' of the beast[:)]

Wenger is now saying how much he admires him!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/14/joey-barton-arsenal-arsene-wenger

[quote user="Nuff Said"]Wenger is now saying how much he admires him!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2011/aug/14/joey-barton-arsenal-arsene-wenger[/quote]

I think Arsene might be in need of some strong medication. Nurse!

[quote user="Canarino"]I think he is representative of all that is wrong in society. I''m so glad he''s stayed in Newcastle.[/quote]So is his neighbour after he Barton caught a burglar attempting to break into their house, a thug catching a thug... ironic, he''ll probably get a police reward now!!!

[quote user="Dan Druff"]Despite my ironic post, I do think he has a bit of a brain on him. He''s a contradiction in terms: an intelligent thug.[/quote]

I was discussing this the other day when it was pointed out to me that perhaps he has a book of quotes to make himself look clever. Once you have that in mind, it actually looks like that is the case.