Sign in to follow this  
yellow blood

Reserve games - no longer free entry to season ticket holders

Bearing in mind the Club''s previous advice that they lost money on reserve games, combined with the fact that we now have so many season ticket holders, it should come as no great surprise that the Club has decided to end this particular concession! 

[quote user="CharlieFarlie"]

At £3 I will pop across for a few with my eldest who 6 in January , great way to get him interested ( like he has a chance not to be )

[/quote]

Yes, a nice chance to "blood" the youngsters and even better that they are to be held at Carrow Road. Lots for a youngster to marvel at.

My first game, at about six, was to see Tottenham Reserves. Just standing then, so my old man took a box for me to stand on.

I feel that there might be some decent gates for many of these games. I hope it pays it''s way at least.

[quote user="BroadstairsR"][quote user="CharlieFarlie"]

At £3 I will pop across for a few with my eldest who 6 in January , great way to get him interested ( like he has a chance not to be )

[/quote]

Yes, a nice chance to "blood" the youngsters and even better that they are to be held at Carrow Road. Lots for a youngster to marvel at.

My first game, at about six, was to see Tottenham Reserves. Just standing then, so my old man took a box for me to stand on.

I feel that there might be some decent gates for many of these games. I hope it pays it''s way at least.

[/quote]

And think it would be a bigger money spinner if they played on Saturdays, just like the old days. sure to get decent size gates, (Don''t say 15ft high) 

[quote user="BroadstairsR"][quote user="CharlieFarlie"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Ah the days of carring the wooden box made by my grandad LOL  or a milk crate

Reserve games on Friday nights were always a good start to the weekend especially as they were always played when we were away on the Saturday so "sort of" compensated for the lack of football during the weekend.

When I was a kid which was quite a few years ago, we used to go to the Saturday afternoon reserve matches when City were playing away. My most vivid memory of one of these matches was when Norwich Reserves beat Swansea reserves 6-3 and Steve Grapes scored a hat-trick. I think this must have been some time in the early 1970’s. Some of the older posters on the message board will remember Steve Grapes who I think was a winger/attacker.

I also remember in the same game my younger brother deciding to go for run as he was bored. We were in the Main Stand (as it was called in those days) and he ran down the stairs and to the right onto the River End terrace. As he was running under the barriers up and down and across to the far corner he mis-judged one and clunked his head quite hard. He also fell over and came back sobbing due to a hurt head and a grazed knee.

I’m not sure whether this put him off supporting Norwich but he has now switched his allegiances to Spurs as we lived in London.

And finally back on topic, I’ve no idea whether we were charged to get into the reserve games.

We were indeed charged for reserve team games in those days. It used to be the best way of keeping tabs on how the first team were getting on as they would have regular (every 15 mins) updates of the score.

Many of the younger readers will have no knowledge of the days before sky saturday and five live''s updates; no local radio in those days either to keep fans updated. Radio2 used to broadcast a game but with Norwich an also ran in the old second division it was rare that there would be any updates of Norwich games.

Does anyone know if the reserve games will be all ticket, or will we be able to pay on the night at the gate?

[quote user="bundo"]Does anyone know if the reserve games will be all ticket, or will we be able to pay on the night at the gate?[/quote]

anyone know if we can pay on the gate tonight - just tried ringing the club but couldn''t get through. Looking at the website it seems as though as it''s all ticket. anyone actually know?

[quote user="greenTshirt"][quote user="bundo"]Does anyone know if the reserve games will be all ticket, or will we be able to pay on the night at the gate?[/quote]

anyone know if we can pay on the gate tonight - just tried ringing the club but couldn''t get through. Looking at the website it seems as though as it''s all ticket. anyone actually know?[/quote]I''m sure, they aren''t going to turn people away.  And at £3 a match it''s a cheap evening out.  Over the course of the season you''re bound to see one or two decent players from the likes of Arse & Chelski