Sign in to follow this  
USA Canary

Steve Morrison or Dany Graham?

When we first signed Morrison, some thought we should have gone for Graham instead.

I know it''s early days still... however, based on what you have seen so far, who would you have rather signed?  I thought Graham looked ineffective last night and did not seem to put forth the effort that Morrison does.  Morrison also seems to have a bit more skill with the ball at his feet and get''s others involved.

What are your thoughts?

Bit unfair at this stage as we were playing Wigan, and Swansea had to play the billionaires! I can''t see any of Wigans defenders getting into an all star Prem team this season.

Graham wasn''t supplied with vast amounts, so I''ll reserve judgement on that question for now.

Morison played well on Saturday, unquestionably-a''la Holt he was all over the place, his cross for the goal was Eadie''esque!

David Nielsen started like a train as well, mind you!

Morison could be a revelation at this level-am encouraged, but far, far too early to make judgement yet-besides, Graham was up against Micah Richards, YaYa Toure (I have never seen such an enormous footballer-scary!), Joleon Lescott and Vincent Kompany et al-not easy for anyone.

Stoke is going to be fascinating. If Johnson plays we''ll have a bit of muscle to throw right back at them-I have a feeling its going to be a very good game.

Morison is our player,Graham is not, Lambert clearly didn''t fancy Graham otherwise he would have gone for him imo. That''s good enough for me. Morison all the way!! OTBC

Wigan defence against man city defence need i say anymore. Lets wait for a few more games to judge, IMO i think Graham is a good player as is morrison but a lot also depends on the service and quailty of players around them that these 2 get as well.

I didn''t see the Swansea game - however Morison was our most determined player on Saturday.

It''s like he has ''true beginners luck''; he doesn''t know how difficult it''s supposed to be!

He just gets on with it - great stuff. Holt will have noticed I''m sure!...

I understand that Graham faced a tougher defence, however, I still got the impression that hedidn''t put forth the same effort.

Very impressed with Morison on his league debut - On that showing he''s going to be a star player for us this season. The goals compilation that was posted on here shows what good technique he has, and I also like the way he has so much to his game, there doesn''t look much he can''t do - He has a bit of everything about him. I think we have a star in the making here, I really do. Another clever move by Lambert.

[quote user="Gareth"]Why are English football supporters always concerned with the ammount of ''effort'' the players put in?[/quote]Because it''s an easy way out when discusing an individual performance. Football is a team game so how a striker performs will depend heavily on the respective performances of all of his team mates. Are they getting the ball to him quickly enough? In the right areas? Are the tactics right? Also how well have the opposition defenders performed? And that''s before you even get into whether he is carrying a knock or whether the referee is having a bad game.Rather than take into account all of the factors influencing a players performance a lot of fans will fall back on the ''he''s not trying hard enough'' argument because it is a lot easier. And because of the fact that the average English fan prefers a hard working trier* to a fancy dan they will often find plenty of fellow fans to back them up. I''m struggling to recall any game in which I genuinely thought that a Norwich plyer wasn''t putting in the required effort. People will point to the Fulham game but even then I doubt there was any one player who went out with the intention of giving anything less that 100%.* Just look at the differing reactions on here when either Holt or Hoolahan have a poor game. Holt is cut a hell of a lot more slack.

[quote user="Shack Attack"][quote user="Gareth"]Why are English football supporters always concerned with the ammount of ''effort'' the players put in?[/quote]Because it''s an easy way out when discusing an individual performance. Football is a team game so how a striker performs will depend heavily on the respective performances of all of his team mates. Are they getting the ball to him quickly enough? In the right areas? Are the tactics right? Also how well have the opposition defenders performed? And that''s before you even get into whether he is carrying a knock or whether the referee is having a bad game.Rather than take into account all of the factors influencing a players performance a lot of fans will fall back on the ''he''s not trying hard enough'' argument because it is a lot easier. And because of the fact that the average English fan prefers a hard working trier* to a fancy dan they will often find plenty of fellow fans to back them up. I''m struggling to recall any game in which I genuinely thought that a Norwich plyer wasn''t putting in the required effort. People will point to the Fulham game but even then I doubt there was any one player who went out with the intention of giving anything less that 100%.* Just look at the differing reactions on here when either Holt or Hoolahan have a poor game. Holt is cut a hell of a lot more slack.[/quote]Indeed, after the Wigan game a lot of people criticized Surman for a ''lack of effort'' when really it was just Surman rushing himself, he often had plenty of time on the ball but forced himself to move the ball faster than he wanted leading to mistakes, I guess most English supporters don''t look for reasons like these when they can just scream ''try harder!'' repeatedly.

Need to give it half a dozen competitive matches before you can make a sensible judgement. How many times have we seen players either damned or lauded to the heavens on the back of a couple of games before time causes a major rethink. R Martin is the classic example, he was shite according to most when he first arrived but not many thought that once he had played 10 games.