Sign in to follow this  
birchfest

Would you start with Ayala Sunday?

As it says in the title do you think he will start on sunday? 6.3" and fairly fast going off the accounts of derby and liverpool fans... perhaps a good option to partner De Laet and certainly able to deal with the aerial threat from Jones and the balls put in my Pennante.  I guess we dont have the luxary to see how well he does in training this week perhaps it might be Barnett who gets the nod if Whitbreads knock keeps him out.

barnett is quick, but you have to think that we have only bought better, if he is fit and good enough start with him.

No, i''d go:

Ruddy

Martin

De Laet

Barnett

Tierney

Fox

Crofts

Bennett

Hoolahan

Holt

Morison

Ayala on the bench and brought on if we are a goal up after 60 mins to replace Hoolahan along with Johnson for Bennett and Naughton for Morison.

Ruddy

Martin

Ayala

Barnett

De Laet

Tierney

Naughton

Fox

Crofts

Johnson

Holt

[quote user="InLambertWeTrust"]Try searching the internet you tool:

[/quote]

To be fair to Wiz he''s not the tool

"City are pleased to announce that Spanish defender Daniel Ayala is poised to sign from Liverpool for an undisclosed fee, subject to the relevant paperwork being finalised"

and

So is he signing?  Yes.  Has he actually signed?  No.  Will he be a Norwich player in time for Sundays game?  Have to wait and see but he isnt yet

In defence of the Wiz, neither of those links say he has officially signed yet do they? I think it is pretty clear that he is intending to but there are always chances for an issue to come up before the paperwork is completed.

So, not quite fair to bandy the "tool" about...

We have seen him with bandaged hear, so he doesn''t lack courage, and he seems a good header of the ball. All to the good, but Stoke are physical side, with big and brawny players.

Is it asking a bit much to plunge himstaright in? On Saturday we held Wigan with Barnett and de Laet. They may be our best bet until Ayala settles in.

But you never know with PL. If Ayala looks good in training.....

[quote user="Salopian"]We have seen him with bandaged hear, so he doesn''t lack courage, and he seems a good header of the ball. All to the good, but Stoke are physical side, with big and brawny players. Is it asking a bit much to plunge himstaright in? On Saturday we held Wigan with Barnett and de Laet. They may be our best bet until Ayala settles in. But you never know with PL. If Ayala looks good in training.....[/quote]

Spot on, particularly with a centre back. Unfortunately shiny new toy syndrome means that there will be those clamouring for him to come straight in, but Lambert won''t be thinking that way.To play him over Leon at this point would send out entirely the wrong message.

[quote user="InLambertWeTrust"]Try searching the internet you tool:

http://www.canaries.co.uk/page/NewsDetails/0,,10355~2417042,00.html

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/ayala-seals-norwich-move

[/quote]

Go to hell pal, those links you gave confirmed nowt........you nob head.

Now its official, welcome Dani, if only we could now get the other Dani too. [Y]

Ayala''s full league debut for Liverpool was at the age of 18 against - Stoke! Liverpool kept a clean sheet.

On a side note, BBC journo (I think it was Chris Bevan) mentioned on Twitter that Sol Campbell is still training with Arsenal and looking for a club.

Now, I think he''d be a great guy to have around the place. Why not bring him in to train with the squad? He wouldn''t have to play to have a good effect on the players. Always good to have serious experience around.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

[quote user="Salopian"]We have seen him with bandaged hear, so he doesn''t lack courage, and he seems a good header of the ball. All to the good, but Stoke are physical side, with big and brawny players. Is it asking a bit much to plunge himstaright in? On Saturday we held Wigan with Barnett and de Laet. They may be our best bet until Ayala settles in. But you never know with PL. If Ayala looks good in training.....[/quote]

Spot on, particularly with a centre back. Unfortunately shiny new toy syndrome means that there will be those clamouring for him to come straight in, but Lambert won''t be thinking that way.To play him over Leon at this point would send out entirely the wrong message.

[/quote]

Man City''s shiny new toy didn''t do too badly last night, Rob ; ) (but I do hear where you''re coming from).

Article on the homepage seems to think he did well, and the fact he didnt play the full 90 suggests that perhaps he might be getting some game time on sunday ( I doubt it was because he isnt fit).

Have to agree with starting Delaet and Barnett, I think that starting Ayala would send out the wrong message and go against everything Lambert stands for. Neither deserve to be dropped. With Whitbread and Ward injured he will be on the Dame Judy and not far off a start in the coming weeks. You do have to wonder though, is Elliott Ward going to be this seasons Jens Berthel Askou?

Depending on what happens on Sunday, of course, but the Carling Cup game on Tuesday would look like the perfect time to give Ayala - and some other squad members - a start.

Not sure I agree with ''dropping Barnett sends out the wrong message''.Understood that it might be harsh on Barnett and he has certainly proved to be one of our better players, but surely the right message is to put out the team that is most likely to win the game, based on observing in training, taking the opposition into account etc..

I can see us putting more strength in midfield to combat Stoke''s physical presence.

Therefore:

Ruddy

R Martin

De Laet

Barnett

Tierney

Fox

Crofts

Johnson

Hoolahan

Holt

Morison

I hope not, we beat teams like Stoke last year by playing proper football. These are the sort of games we need to try and win if we are to stay up. We need to win up to anything like 10 of our home games if we are to stay up.