Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Man City v Swansea (anyone watching)?

I am sorry to say that if the first twenty minutes are anything to go by, then Norwich''s season has just got harder.

Swansea have been superb, and are playing exactly as I would like to see Norwich playing. Crisp passing, speed of movement, and with an air of complete confidence.

A long way to go, though..........

Confirmed exactly what I believe, Swansea will finish highest out of the 3 promoted.

Yes City have hit bar twice 1st half, but Swansea have withstood some real pressure and gave ti a real go vs most expensive team in the league.

They seem to have got themselvs a bloody decent gk their as well!!

Swansea looked good to begin with but once they got pegged back - like many of the poorer sides they have no way to stop the ball coming straight back. I think we will suffer with the same thing at times.Other than that I think they have played well but if it carries on like this Man City will run out winners.

I think they''ve been lucky to play Man City first...I still fail to see why people think they are better equipped than both Norwich and QPR.

Talking of luck two cross bars and two saves...still its the scoreline that counts and i''m sure they will be happy with their efforts so far

Norwich and Swansea will look half decent in the middle of the park this season in most games ( as Blackpool did last season ) but it will be those times when the tempo is raised that will ultimately count. I don''t think I really saw a creative ball going through to Graham in a threatening way for the whole of the first half. Not suprising of course.

They have the break with a spare man and the ball carrier (Dobbie) decides to shoot from 30 yards?!?!? Must be so annoying, how many goals has he scored in his career from that kind of range? Probably a handful at best.

Have to be impressed with the Man City squad, take off De Jong and bring on Aquerro...I hope Swansea take a battering now, losing is a habit and I hope they get into it asap, QPR have done their bit.

Manchester City are a pointless team, just an assembled bunch of big money names. Reminds me (in a more expensive way) of Jack Walker''s Blackburn, many years ago (except Man City won''t be champions, whereas at least Blackburn achieved that).

Swansea''s keeper is brilliant, I have to say.

I don''t see how people can argue Man City won''t be Champions, they have an amazing squad. Things have started to slot togther as well.The quicker the Tevez affair is over and Aguero can form a partnership with Dzeko the better - Aguero won''t drop deep into midfield (false number 9) like Tevez all the time and Dzeko isn''t a target man so needs it into his feet.

Looks like a hammering is on the cards!

I think you still have to bond a team of big ego signings together though, they (Man C) look impressive.

[quote user="Canarino"]Manchester City are a pointless team, just an assembled bunch of big money names.[/quote]Whereas Manchester United and Chelsea are packed full of players who have come from their youth teams supplemented by bargain basement signings from the lower leagues [^o)]City will be there or thereabouts this season. I certainly think they will offer more of a challenge to United than Chelsea will.

I picked Man City as Champions this year, they just look too strong and too efficient. The problem is that once they win it I don''t see how anyone else is going to be able to catch them up again until the owners get bored...they will just bee too rich.

They won''t win it. They will come second or third. I don''t see anyone beating Man United, although the injuries to their centre backs might prove a bit of a problem to them. Money doesn''t always guarantee success, there are many intangibles as we know.

[quote user="Canarino"]They won''t win it. They will come second or third. I don''t see anyone beating Man United, although the injuries to their centre backs might prove a bit of a problem to them. Money doesn''t always guarantee success, there are many intangibles as we know.[/quote]I can see what you are saying but I think they are starting to look like a team and they can comfortably field two complete teams of top quality players, I don''t think any other team in the league can come close to doing that and I think that will be important. Having said that time will tell.

I bet all those who were bigging Swansea up first half feel a little foolish, I don''t see you typing now - perhaps you need all your fingers to keep count of the score!

Lets just be honest - it''s way too early to predict if Swansea will better Norwich or QPR

So stop trying to be clever with - "Swans had a good 10 mins - so will win the league"

[quote user="Billabong"]I bet all those who were bigging Swansea up first half feel a little foolish, I don''t see you typing now - perhaps you need all your fingers to keep count of the score!

Lets just be honest - it''s way too early to predict if Swansea will better Norwich or QPR

So stop trying to be clever with - "Swans had a good 10 mins - so will win the league"[/quote]This is one of the most confusing posts ever...if you are watching the game you would have to concede that Swansea played well, especially in the first 20 minutes, against a team who will be top four at least this year. I don''t remember anyone claiming Swansea will beat us or win the league, I can only assume Monday night is Drink and Drug night in your household.

Apparently they are already falling out about wages at Man City. If you were playing every game and getting £120,000 a week less that the new boy, you would feel aggrieved I think :-)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2020036/Sergio-Aguero-causes-Manchester-City-rebellion-wages.html

Perhaps his second goal was worth £120k.

Vorm was magnificent, easily my man of the match since Swansea could easily be on a minus 10 or 12 GD already!!

I thought Swansea looked like they were alittle afraid to really have a go at Man city when they got in the final third. Too many times imo they regected the chance to put a ball into the box for the sake of one more pass. Agree with the previous poster though their keeper did look good.