Sign in to follow this  
Canaries Utd

Match of the Day

Lawro is the worst TV presenter ever.... don''t really mind the rest.All these comments about content are a bit silly.... these guys don''t watch every game, they rely on the same highlights they show us & second hand information from the production team.If you want proper analysis listen to the radio.

For the want of something better to do, I looked through the MOTD opening titles yesterday to see which teams featured-assuming they''d try to fit all 20 in, one way or the other...its as follows...and I know, pointless exercise, but I was bored!!

Man Utd

Liverpool

Man Utd

Liverpool

Man Utd

Liverpool vs Man utd (programme)

Arsenal

Newcastle

Everton (Phil Neville for some reason-ah, ex-Man utd!)

Stoke

Arsenal

Chelsea

QPR (and a nice little snippet-more than Arsenal!)

Tottenham

Aston Villa

Wolves (see QPR)

Tottenham

Sunderland

Man City

Man Utd (phew, thought they''d forgotten them!)

Man Utd (crowd)

Man Utd (lifting trophy)

Blackburn

Swansea (Toshack, on programme, circa 1981?)

...did we feature at all? I make that 16 of the current Prem clubs given some sort of nod of recognition in the titles, meaning that Norwich, Bolton, West Brom and Wigan miss out...

Or did I miss it-someone on WOTB reckons there''s a flash of yellow and a distant chant of something vaguely Norwich related, but I don''t see it!

Last time we were there, didn''t they show all the club badges in the graphics?

They once filmed the opening title of MOTD at Carra''!

Happy days.

Thought the highlights of our game, in the end, weren''t that bad. And the pundits were vague, expect them to nail on predictions when there''s about two games of the season left!

There is a chant of ''city'' (which could relate to any city) and what looks like a 1970''s pub scene! Yep, pathetic.

I just hope all this under the radar stuff let''s us get on with business.

Lee Dixon is the best pundit about I think. I think Dixon and Savage will give a lot more time to the 20 teams in the premier league rather then the 6 MOTD currently applies to.

It seemed that every decision that could have gone against us Hansen said the ref should have given (ie Russell Martin "fouled" di Santo in the box) and he agreed with every decision the ref made against us. He didn''t give us any credit for getting to the Premier League in the first place, and I think Lambert and the team deserve alot of respect for that.

If you''re not in the top four or newly promoted, Hansen says your not going to win.

[quote user="Old Shuck"]For the want of something better to do, I looked through the MOTD opening titles yesterday to see which teams featured-assuming they''d try to fit all 20 in, one way or the other...its as follows...and I know, pointless exercise, but I was bored!!

Man Utd

Liverpool

Man Utd

Liverpool

Man Utd

Arsenal

Newcastle

Stoke

Arsenal

Chelsea

Tottenham

Aston Villa

Wolves (see QPR)

Tottenham

Sunderland

Man City

Man Utd (crowd)

Man Utd (lifting trophy)

Blackburn

...did we feature at all? I make that 16 of the current Prem clubs given some sort of nod of recognition in the titles, meaning that Norwich, Bolton, West Brom and Wigan miss out...

Or did I miss it-someone on WOTB reckons there''s a flash of yellow and a distant chant of something vaguely Norwich related, but I don''t see it!

Happy days.

Thought the highlights of our game, in the end, weren''t that bad. And the pundits were vague, expect them to nail on predictions when there''s about two games of the season left![/quote]theres a chap with a yelloe and green hat walks past a programme seller towards the end of the credits.. watch again.

jas is right, there is a hat tho that could be a Man U hat...

i actually think Hansen is the best football analyst on all the channels and was very fair about Norwich with a spark of optimism for our season

as for Shearer and the rest - who cares?  we will always be written off by the London-ites and Man U/Liverpool contingent but what difference does it actually make?  nothing.  all that matters is that we quietly get on with our football.

having our players out of the media spotlight can only be a good thing these days anyway.

Yes, there''s a flash of a yellow and green hat in the clip featuring QPR. But that looks like more of a coincedence than anything else. Couldn''t have been a deliberate attempt to feature Norwich in the titles because it wouldn''t have been so obscure!

I know its nice to get some praise now and again but i''m sure Lambert will be more than happy to slip under the radar for now. Actually the comments about Swansea just adds to the pressure for them.

I Sky+d MotD and , after reading the early part of this thread, was expecting the worst. In all honesty, I thought the highlights were pretty fair, after all, Al-Habsi had very few saves to make,

Lineker and his cronies really are an embarassment to fronting a sports programme. Sky''s coverage in general is very professional (although Sports Saturday can be pretty hit and miss).

Sky have a new addition to their team this season - Gary Neville. As a player I couldn''t stand the guy, as a pundit, he''s an absolute revelation. Erudite, insightful, unbiased, and natural, he is the complete opposite of the monotonous Alan Shearer.

Full marks to Sky for signing him up.

MotD''s attempt at freshening up the programme is a woeful opening sequence that greases the palms of Manure and Liverpool, and does nothing but underlines their bias towards the richer clubs.

I think MOTD 2 is far more entertaining than the Saturday MOTD, even though it only shows the goals from the Sat matches ... and we''ll be on next Sunday!

I like Colin Murray and Lee Dixon and it is refreshing to have a variety of other pundits, either ex-players, current players or managers giving their opinion as opposed to the stagnant trio of Hansen, Lawro or Shearer (why two ex-Liverpool anyway?). Great to see Dion this week, would like to know if he backs us to survive this season?

[quote user="Old Shuck"]For the want of something better to do, I looked through the MOTD opening titles yesterday to see which teams featured-assuming they''d try to fit all 20 in, one way or the other...its as follows...and I know, pointless exercise, but I was bored!!

Man Utd

Liverpool

Man Utd

Liverpool

Man Utd

Arsenal

Newcastle

Stoke

Arsenal

Chelsea

Tottenham

Aston Villa

Wolves (see QPR)

Tottenham

Sunderland

Man City

Man Utd (crowd)

Man Utd (lifting trophy)

Blackburn

Happy days.

Thought the highlights of our game, in the end, weren''t that bad. And the pundits were vague, expect them to nail on predictions when there''s about two games of the season left![/quote]Look after the QPR clip. There is a fan in a yellow and green hat, then a clip of some Norwich fans on a train circa late 1970''s early 1980''s, with a Norwich City flag hung up in said train.

Cheers Gerry-I''ll look again.

That should mean that Bolton, West Brom and Wigan are on there, somewhere as well!

Match of the Day is great, I always look forward to it !

1st time we''ve been on it for 6 years and you''re all crying because there''s not any NCFC in the opening titles???? Hahaha

As for the highlights I didn''t think they were that bad at all. We DID ride our luck at times but fought hard for a draw. 

Couldn''t give a stuff about the opening credits but I thought the highlights were biased towards Wigan, we played a lot better than the highlights showed.

Teams get relegated and promoted, so do referees why don''t they do it with pundits as well. That was Wigan we were playing imagine what it will be like when we play a top team like Man U the top four love in will be unbearable.

On the flip side of the coin, Alan Hansen gave The Telegraph his predictions for the 3 teams to be relegated this season - and we were not one of them. I also heard Lawrenson on the radio yesterday, can''t remember what was said about us exactly but I certainly didn''t sense any negativity towards us, if anything it was the opposite.

I have to admit I always check out how Norwich feature on TV, and one thing I always notice is that if all the clubs badges are involved in a set the Norwich one is always prominent, for example the Football League Show and the new Soccer AM outdoors set. Also there is a high percentage of decent national journalists who are proper Norwich fans, not to mention TV presenters. We always get decent coverage and attention, and let''s not forget Dion Dublin is definitely now a very high profile ex Norwich player who does loads of media work. They guy loves the Canaries and always sticks up for us.

Plus this season I have noticed the majority of those asked in the media have said Norwich are the best equipped for survival out of the three new teams.

Although some things I agree on from above. Lawro is the worst pundit ever, Alan Hansen is a knob, and the highlights did make Norwich look sh*t.

The whole tenor of the programme was very stale, and even allowing for my over sensitivity, there was something smug and disrespectful about Hansen''s grin. To be honest I do not really much care for the premiership, and this programme did not help.

Actually lovin'' some of the Fox Sports analysis over here in Oz. Dunno if it''s the same guys you have on Sky as I never had that in the UK...

There is a plump American chap who totally has his head screwed on, and gives superb analysis (on Fox Sports Soccer Press Pass or something...)

Says a lot about UK coverage that I prefer a yank talking about the game that anything the UK can offer...

For anyone with a subscription, the 25mins of highlights on Canaries Player [understandably] shows our attempts and some of our play that were not shown on MotD.