Sign in to follow this  
Coelho

The gulf widens...

Not usually one to obsess about that shower down the road, but they appear to have just shipped five goals at home to newly promoted Southampton. Oops!

To be fair Southampton are a good 1st Div side so holding them to only 5 goals is an achievement.

Lets not get cocky and give credit where it''s due - I watched the game and it could have been 2 - 9

And to accentuate the embarrassment, the Green ''Un can''t even spell the name of Ipswich''s home stadium!http://www.greenun24.co.uk/ipswich-town/superb_saints_hit_five_at_portman_rod_1_996414

They really are shocking, i''m not surprised i thought maybe they would have gone for an up and comming manager, who knew some hidden gems in the lower leagues who were hungry like our own manager has done. But i''m pleasantly surprised to see they have been signing has beens and sicknotes over the summer to go with the never going to be anything players they had last season. Keep up the good work Jewell.

[quote user="Coelho"]And to accentuate the embarrassment, the Green ''Un can''t even spell the name of Ipswich''s home stadium!http://www.greenun24.co.uk/ipswich-town/superb_saints_hit_five_at_portman_rod_1_996414[/quote]And they''ve signed a new player Jaspn Scotland - quality hahahahaha

A mere 18,500 bothered to turn up at Poorman RD last night, 6000 odd less than our average attendance in division 3, poor support warrants poor performances in my opinion. Don''t think they will go down this season though, but can easily see it happening within the next 3-4 years.

How much longer will Mr Evans flog that dead horse?

I mean he has taken on the debt, Ipswich have no assetts, attendance dwindling and with the high earning pensioners they have signed, must be under pressure to go up this year.

I wonder at what point and debt will Mr Evans say enough is enough, who would want to buy that club? the debt must be above 40 million, to buy back the facitlities must be another 20 million plus and I''m not sure what penalty Ipswich would get should they go inot administration for a second time.

Poor old bin kickers, three years ago the gloating and poison towards us going into league 3 and now how times have changed..........

It''s very difficult to ''second guess'' how Mr Evans feels. He''s a man that doesn''t like publicity (no photos, no interviews) yet he''s got his name plastered all over the ground and on their shirts !

I read some of their boards quite a lot and they genuinly expected to do well this season. I make no apology for this habit as this rivalry adds to the fun I get from supporting NCFC.

The reality is that Evans seems to have put a block on funding. Very little has been forthcoming over the summer, despite the millions from selling Wickham, and a particularly weak defence has only been supplemented by a loan goalkeeper on recall and a youngster from the lower leagues via a tribunal.

My reading is that they have similarities with us, whereby we were doomed by three bad managers in a row, they now seem to be subject to the same.

There also remains an underlying malaise at that club, made worse by the Marcus Evans takeover. Nobody seems to know what this silent anonymous individual has in mind. He never speaks. A strange, sad and precarious situation, which has led to lowish attendances and crowd unrest when results fail to materialise

Magilton wasted money, Keane brought them to their knees and now Jewell is clueless.

Dire days at the Portalooo.

[quote user="swindoncanary"]It''s very difficult to ''second guess'' how Mr Evans feels. He''s a man that doesn''t like publicity (no photos, no interviews) yet he''s got his name plastered all over the ground and on their shirts !
[/quote]

He''s probably living an unashumed name and is really a relative of the Krays, But I wonder why it is that the first result in the championship I look for is the Binners and take great delight when I see results like this, We were wrong about Keano, He could have taken them down in 2 seasons but Jewell will finish the job.   

I''m honestly gutted for them and take no pleasure whatsoever for their recent plight.  [IMG]http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Laughing/lol-045.gif[/IMG]

Southampton looking up for it-decent squad and a good Manager, they''ll fancy themselves to do exactly what we did.

Can you remember the smug Binners, when the Man of mystery bought them out and they appointed Keane as manager. They were so sure that the good times were around the corner. They might as well have kept Jim Magillton as boss or even George Burley for that matter, they are only going backwards. However a little word of caution, don''t they usually have a bad start and then improve towards the end of the season ?.

"A small club in the south have just been tonked 5-2"whats that song.. "down town"? I think i might have just found a song for their season.