Sign in to follow this  
yellabelly

reserves tonight

City Reserves XI to face : Rudd, Brindley, Drury, Smith (C), Ayala, Barnett, Pilkington, Adeyemi, Wilbraham, C. Martin, Lappin

City subs to face reserves: Dawkin, Matthews, Ball, Kelly, McKenzie. Kick-off 7pm @ Carrow Road

0-0 ft

norwich hit the post twice and was better team against blackburn youth team.

[quote user="Boris"]0-0 ft

norwich hit the post twice and was better team against blackburn youth team.[/quote]Any stand out performances by City players? The type which scream "pick me for the first team", because Lambert will be expecting them to play for their place this year. Did Chris Martin put in a shift? What did Drury look like? And, most importantly, how fit did Ayala look?

To be honest, the game was dire. One of the worst I''ve ever seen.

I''m not going to judge any players by one reserve performance. But Pilkington was poor. The best players for us were Leon Barnett by a mile, and Brindley at RB. The rest- not great.

What are you on about NCFC Shaun, WILBRAHAM was awesome!! Wouldn''t be surprised if they step him up to the first team for Sunday in place of Holt. Has a lot more to offer in my opinion, Strength, Skill, Immense 1st Touch and an Unstoppable shot!!

[quote user="Rastaman"]What are you on about NCFC Shaun, WILBRAHAM was awesome!! Wouldn''t be surprised if they step him up to the first team for Sunday in place of Holt. Has a lot more to offer in my opinion, Strength, Skill, Immense 1st Touch and an Unstoppable shot!![/quote]

Given the score was 0-0 what use is an unstoppable shot off target? :-)

Interesting how two people can watch the same game and come to totally different conclusions. I have to totally disagree with NCFC Shaun about Pilkington. I was very impressed with him - thought he showed a lot of skill, vision and poise on the ball and was excellent with either foot and puts in excellent crosses with lots of pace on them. Agree with NCFC Shaun about Brindley though - thought he was impressive. Chris Martin and Korey Smith also played well I thought.

I thought it was an ok match. Obviously the senior players looked comfortable. Both Adeyemi and Brindley stood out for me as youth player with something to prove.

Martin had a good game but there wasn''t much going forward for him to work with, I think there may be a chance he can work his way on to the first team bench. I''m afraid Wilbraham did not impress - the prem may be a step too far for him. Rudd, Barnett, Ayala, Drury, Smith, Pilkington and Lappin all looked very comfortable.

I have always rated Dawkin but he was subbed on to right back which seemed a bit strange as I don''t think thats his natural position? McKenzie and Ball both looked out of thier depth even against Rovers'' youngsters

[quote user="rooch"] McKenzie and Ball both looked out of thier depth even against Rovers'' youngsters[/quote]

Rover''s ''youngsters''??? Quite a few of them are older than both McKenzie and Ball.