Sign in to follow this  
newyorkcanary

Premiership Players with Fantasy Football Teams

I noticed in a tweet that James Vaughan mentioned that David Silva was doing his Fantasy Football team wonders. I didn''t sense any sort of joke about this tweet and I must admit I''m not sure how it made me feel. I really enjoy his Tweets and seems an all around fantastic bloke, but what do we think of Premiership players participating in Fantasy Football?

I guess I wouldn''t have awkward feelings about it if he/we were in the Championship, but it just felt a bit off to me. This is by no means intended to say anything about Vaughan''s professionalism in particular, I was just wondering if anyone else might feel a bit weird about our players playing Fantasy Football.

I believe that Vaughan isn''t taking it that seriously and there''s a good proportion of professional footballers who have a similar idea.To think that any footballer would have anything else in mind would be ludacris.

I can''t see a Norwich player deliberately dropping the player he is meant to be marking from a set piece just because he needs him to score a few points for his fantasy team! I think trying to stay in the Premier League is probably a tad more important!