Sign in to follow this  
Oz Canary

Thomas Hitzlesperger

Hello, long term visitor to Pinkun board first time poster.

Good result on the weekend and can''t wait for Stoke game on Sunday.

Just read that Thomas Hitzlesperger is training with Spurs until he finds another club. Obviously he had discussions with Wolves & Villa pre-season but is still without a club.

He would be an awesome additional for our club adding that premiership experience and real flair and creativity that is always enjoyed by supporters.

Just wondering whether Lambert''s German links would be enough to persuade him to join us. Wages could be a problem though.

Your thoughts.

I do think our squad is crying out for a little bit of Premiership experience even if it''s only a squad player as opposed to a regular starter, wages would be a stumbling block with this one I suspect.

Hitzlsperger is like BJ with accuracy! He would be fantastic, but I doubt we could afford him. Alex McLeish is the most likely to come up with the cash there I would imagine? Playing him behind N''Zogbia would be a good left-hand side for Villa...

I saw that he was offered a contract with Sunderland at the very beginning of the transfer window - which he turned down as he felt better offers would come in. He has admitted that better offers are unlikely and will ultimately have to accept an offer of around 30% of the value of the Sunderland one.

I feel a lot of clubs are waiting until the last week of the transfer window to do their business as a lot of prices will drop sharpely.

Gerry. [:D]

Anyway I think he would be quality and I think he would do a great job on the left handside of the diamond. Has Surmans technical ability and he can defend. But his wages are too high, I doubt he would join us and we already have 8 new signings.

I think the people mentioning the wages are probably right. Established Premiership players come with established Premiership wage demands. Even conceding to a 30% drop is likely to leave him well out of our structure.

don''t see it happening as wages would be too much and we have already commited ourselves to various central midfielders.

people mention Lamberts ''German connections'' but i don''t think that would make a difference to someone like Hitzlsperger since he has lived in the UK for a while now and can presumably speak fluent English already

[quote user="Oz Canary"]Hello, long term visitor to Pinkun board first time poster.

Good result on the weekend and can''t wait for Stoke game on Sunday.

Just read that Thomas Hitzlesperger is training with Spurs until he finds another club. Obviously he had discussions with Wolves & Villa pre-season but is still without a club.

He would be an awesome additional for our club adding that premiership experience and real flair and creativity that is always enjoyed by supporters.

Just wondering whether Lambert''s German links would be enough to persuade him to join us. Wages could be a problem though.

Your thoughts.[/quote]A few issues with this idea, though I like the sentiment:
  1. Wages
  2. Wages
  3. Wages
  4. Wages
  5. Wages
  6. Wages
  7. Wages