Sign in to follow this  
BlyBlyBabes

Getting it right.

Watching the Manchester City v Swansea match yesterday I was quite taken aback to learn that Man City has a squad of 62 players. They will certainly soon have a veritable pile of players available for loan - or relatively idle and growing fat on their pay packets.

Our squad size according to the statistics on this site is 34 (35 adding Ayala).

The recent change limiting each club to a named squad of 25 is obviously a decent step in the right direction. But hey try listing out Man City''s 6/7 best strikers.............. Ouch!!

The next step by the Premier League must take things onward and above the coming tightening of the financial regulations towards a system of salary caps, I reckon.

Maybe this is a cause that the promised ''new'' NCISA could rally around  and cooordinate with other like-minded pressure groups, if they are not doing so already.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

Watching the Manchester City v Swansea match yesterday I was quite taken aback to learn that Man City has a squad of 62 players. They will certainly soon have a veritable pile of players available for loan - or relatively idle and growing fat on their pay packets.

On their Official website they list 36 ''players'', I''m not that familiar with them to know how many are under 21. I presume that this is their first team squad and the other 26 you state must be youth/scholar types.

Our squad size according to the statistics on this site is 34 (35 adding Ayala).

To all intents and purposes though we only have 23 players to name in the 25, the rest being under 21 (including Ayala), on loan (Steer) and surplus to requirements (Hughes, McNamee, McDonald and Johnson).

The recent change limiting each club to a named squad of 25 is obviously a decent step in the right direction. But hey try listing out Man City''s 6/7 best strikers.............. Ouch!!

Recent?

The next step by the Premier League must take things onward and above the coming tightening of the financial regulations towards a system of salary caps, I reckon.

Maybe this is a cause that the promised ''new'' NCISA could rally around  and cooordinate with other like-minded pressure groups, if they are not doing so already.

It has nothing to do with any Supporter''s Association, why are you trying to make this an issue when none exists?

OTBC

[/quote]

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]Maybe this is a cause that the promised ''new'' NCISA could rally around  and cooordinate with other like-minded pressure groups, if they are not doing so already.[/quote]The Trinidad Troll strikes again! Beauseant has clearly stated the aim of the "new" organisation was to be less confrontational and more social minded than before. But you already knew that, didn''t you?And to suggest NCISA should take on the Premier League is just laughable and pathetic.Sorry Bly, but you''ve failed miserably this time!

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]Maybe this is a cause that the promised ''new'' NCISA could rally around  and cooordinate with other like-minded pressure groups, if they are not doing so already.

[/quote]The Trinidad Troll strikes again! Beauseant has clearly stated the aim of the "new" organisation was to be less confrontational and more social minded than before. But you already knew that, didn''t you?

And to suggest NCISA should take on the Premier League is just laughable and pathetic.

Sorry Bly, but you''ve failed miserably this time!
[/quote]

I guess it''s your right to ''choose to misunderstand'' in order to score imaginary points if that''s how you get your kicks.

That''s what''s ''laughable and pathetic''.

OTBC

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]Maybe this is a cause that the promised ''new'' NCISA could rally around  and cooordinate with other like-minded pressure groups, if they are not doing so already.[/quote]The Trinidad Troll strikes again! Beauseant has clearly stated the aim of the "new" organisation was to be less confrontational and more social minded than before. But you already knew that, didn''t you?And to suggest NCISA should take on the Premier League is just laughable and pathetic.Sorry Bly, but you''ve failed miserably this time! [/quote]

I guess it''s your right to ''choose to misunderstand'' in order to score imaginary points if that''s how you get your kicks.

That''s what''s ''laughable and pathetic''.

[/quote]What exactly have I ''choose to misunderstand'' Bly?

You''ve clearly stated NCISA are still a pressure group when the new leaders have said they''re not.

You also clearly suggested NCISA should get together with "other like-minded tressure groups" to take on the Premier League over salary caps.

What exactly have I misunderstood Bly?

What I do understand is that this is clearly another attention-seeking thread by our resident troll. [;)]

If you think BBB is such a troll Lap, why do you insist on immediately replying to his every post? I genuinely don''t understand - isn''t the best response to a troll to give no response?

Actually this new system they are bringing in about clubs buying within their means will only create a bigger gap than ever before and I think its a stupid idea. Clubs like Liverpool and United make so much more money than anyone else due to their worldwide marketing power, teams like us now stand no chance of ever competing, the only chance we really had was if a sugar daddy took us over but now that wouldn''t make a difference either. I think its good teams like Man City are now able to compete, makes the league much more exciting!

[quote user="The Original Pboro_Canary"]If you think BBB is such a troll Lap, why do you insist on immediately replying to his every post? I genuinely don''t understand - isn''t the best response to a troll to give no response?[/quote]You''re perfectly correct in what you say Pboro and I know I shouldn''t. However, in the same way that you have responded to something you see as wrong, I also can''t stop myself replying to posts I see as wrong. As I see it, Beauseant is trying to steer NCISA away from being confrontational and concentrarating on the social side for his members, and yet Bly is still calling them a "pressure group".Damn, I just can''t stop myself!  [;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="The Original Pboro_Canary"]If you think BBB is such a troll Lap, why do you insist on immediately replying to his every post? I genuinely don''t understand - isn''t the best response to a troll to give no response?

[/quote]You''re perfectly correct in what you say Pboro and I know I shouldn''t. However, in the same way that you have responded to something you see as wrong, I also can''t stop myself replying to posts I see as wrong. As I see it, Beauseant is trying to steer NCISA away from being confrontational and concentrarating on the social side for his members, and yet Bly is still calling them a "pressure group".

Damn, I just can''t stop myself!  [;)]
[/quote]

I guess that''s been the cry of all stalkers down the ages.

OTBC

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="The Original Pboro_Canary"]If you think BBB is such a troll Lap, why do you insist on immediately replying to his every post? I genuinely don''t understand - isn''t the best response to a troll to give no response?

[/quote]You''re perfectly correct in what you say Pboro and I know I shouldn''t. However, in the same way that you have responded to something you see as wrong, I also can''t stop myself replying to posts I see as wrong. As I see it, Beauseant is trying to steer NCISA away from being confrontational and concentrarating on the social side for his members, and yet Bly is still calling them a "pressure group".

Damn, I just can''t stop myself!  [;)]
[/quote]

Fair enough. One love to the both of you! [:)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]Maybe this is a cause that the promised ''new'' NCISA could rally around  and cooordinate with other like-minded pressure groups, if they are not doing so already.

[/quote]The Trinidad Troll strikes again! Beauseant has clearly stated the aim of the "new" organisation was to be less confrontational and more social minded than before. But you already knew that, didn''t you?

And to suggest NCISA should take on the Premier League is just laughable and pathetic.

[/quote]

Today the Premier League - Tomorrow the world!

FIFA urged to open up

Tue, 16 Aug 11:57:04 2011

International pressure group World Independent Soccer Supporters Association (WISSA) have advised FIFA to make comprehensive changes to their governance after warning that public trust in the sport''s world governing body was "at an all-time low" following a series of scandals.

FIFA president Sepp Blatter approached WISSA for advice in the wake of recent controversies, the most high-profile of which saw presidential candidate Mohamed Bin Hammam being banned from all football activity for life after his involvement in a cash-for-votes scandal.

WISSA have recommended in an eight-page document released on Tuesday that an independent group be formed, which would include "supporters, clubs, players, media, sponsors and civil society" to look into existing corruption allegations concerning FIFA.

WISSA''s senior advisor on sport Bo Saunt has called on FIFA to immediately act on the recommendations of the report, entitled ''Safe Hands: Building Integrity and Transparency at FIFA''.

"FIFA says it wants to reform, but successive bribery scandals have left public trust in it at an all-time low," Saunt said. "Working with an oversight group - taking its advice, giving it access, letting it participate in investigations - will show whether there is going to be real change.

"The process has to start now. When an organisation says it wants to change, WISSA stands ready to provide constructive advice. Now that we have laid out clear, straightforward steps, it''s up to FIFA to prove its commitment to transparency and accountability."

WISSA also recommend that the independent group should be tasked with introducing new procedures to ensure transparency, as well as looking into term limits for senior positions.

Blatter has begun his fourth term after Bin Hammam pulled out of the June 1 election following the bribery allegations against him. He intends to appeal against the life ban imposed by FIFA''s ethics committee at the Court of Arbitration for Sport. FIFA welcomed the recommendations in a statement on Tuesday and claimed many of the points detailed were already being implemented.

"The FIFA President, who welcomes the contact with WISSA and acknowledges their input, insists that especially after the FIFA Congress on 1 June 2011, FIFA remains committed to the task of continuing to improve its organisation, with a strong focus on increasing transparency and acting with zero tolerance against any form of corruption," the statement read.

"In this regard, FIFA is pleased to note that several of the best practices and recommendations made by the WISSA report are already being implemented by FIFA, and that others have been approved by the 2011 FIFA Congress for their implementation in the coming months."

[quote user="nutty nigel"]

[/quote]

Today the Premier League - Tomorrow the world!

FIFA urged to open up

Tue, 16 Aug 11:57:04 2011

International pressure group World Independent Soccer Supporters Association (WISSA) have advised FIFA to make comprehensive changes to their governance after warning that public trust in the sport''s world governing body was "at an all-time low" following a series of scandals.

FIFA president Sepp Blatter approached WISSA for advice in the wake of recent controversies, the most high-profile of which saw presidential candidate Mohamed Bin Hammam being banned from all football activity for life after his involvement in a cash-for-votes scandal.

WISSA have recommended in an eight-page document released on Tuesday that an independent group be formed, which would include "supporters, clubs, players, media, sponsors and civil society" to look into existing corruption allegations concerning FIFA.

WISSA''s senior advisor on sport Bo Saunt has called on FIFA to immediately act on the recommendations of the report, entitled ''Safe Hands: Building Integrity and Transparency at FIFA''.

"FIFA says it wants to reform, but successive bribery scandals have left public trust in it at an all-time low," Saunt said. "Working with an oversight group - taking its advice, giving it access, letting it participate in investigations - will show whether there is going to be real change.

"The process has to start now. When an organisation says it wants to change, WISSA stands ready to provide constructive advice. Now that we have laid out clear, straightforward steps, it''s up to FIFA to prove its commitment to transparency and accountability."

WISSA also recommend that the independent group should be tasked with introducing new procedures to ensure transparency, as well as looking into term limits for senior positions.

Blatter has begun his fourth term after Bin Hammam pulled out of the June 1 election following the bribery allegations against him. He intends to appeal against the life ban imposed by FIFA''s ethics committee at the Court of Arbitration for Sport. FIFA welcomed the recommendations in a statement on Tuesday and claimed many of the points detailed were already being implemented.

"The FIFA President, who welcomes the contact with WISSA and acknowledges their input, insists that especially after the FIFA Congress on 1 June 2011, FIFA remains committed to the task of continuing to improve its organisation, with a strong focus on increasing transparency and acting with zero tolerance against any form of corruption," the statement read.

"In this regard, FIFA is pleased to note that several of the best practices and recommendations made by the WISSA report are already being implemented by FIFA, and that others have been approved by the 2011 FIFA Congress for their implementation in the coming months."

[/quote]

Priceless,well done Nutty but i expect the usual response now i have backed you up.[;)]

[/quote]

Delia will be disappointed. I''m sure that  she would so appreciate a vibrant  NCISA prepared to come on board with her to tackle the stuctural ills of the Premier League.

I mean if NCISA are not prepared to do something like that then they may as well confine themselve to Friday booze ups at nutty''s bar replete with cheap beer and fannywagons etc!

In Afro-American folkculture there is a pair of characters known as Big ''Fraid and Little ''Fraid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AUpYc3pY9c4

Nuff said. Enjoy.

OTBC

I mean if NCISA are not prepared to do something like that then they may as well confine themselve to Friday booze ups at nutty''s bar replete with cheap beer and fannywagons etc!

OTBC

[/quote]

Apart from the NCISA BBQ and the PUP''s presentation night which was a joint venture who from NCISA exactly drinks at Nutty''s on any night let alone on a friday may i ask Bly? Yet another nonsense post lacking in facts and by the way the word is pussywagon not fannywagon.

Oh do keep up and as you posted "Nuff said" but something tells me otherwise.[S]

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

Apart from the NCISA BBQ and the PUP''s presentation night which was a joint venture who from NCISA exactly drinks at Nutty''s on any night let alone on a friday may i ask Bly? Yet another nonsense post lacking in facts and by the way the word is pussywagon not fannywagon.

Oh do keep up and as you posted "Nuff said" but something tells me otherwise.[S]

[/quote]

I reckon That you''re Big ''Fraid and Lappinitup is Little ''Fraid..............

Right? Right.

OTBC

[quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

I reckon That you''re Big ''Fraid and Lappinitup is Little ''Fraid..............

Right? Right.

OTBC

[/quote]

And there was me thinking you would answer the question i asked but after all this time i should have known better.[:''(]

According to Afro-american folklore I have you down as Brer Lizard Blather Blather Blather.

Probably Lizard in any kind of "folklore" eh?

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Right? Right.

OTBC

[/quote]

And there was me thinking you would answer the question i asked but after all this time i should have known better.[:''(]

[/quote]

Your question makes no sense as I made no such allegation. I merely suggested that that could be the main future activity if the ''new'' NCISA was not prepared to back Delia in her urge to transform the structure of the Premier League to give teams such as ours a fairer chance of success.

OTBC

[quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"][quote user="TIL 1010"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Right? Right.

OTBC

[/quote]

[/quote]

Your question makes no sense as I made no such allegation. I merely suggested that that could be the main future activity if the ''new'' NCISA was not prepared to back Delia in her urge to transform the structure of the Premier League to give teams such as ours a fairer chance of success.

OTBC

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]Maybe this is a cause that the promised ''new'' NCISA could rally around  and cooordinate with other like-minded pressure groups, if they are not doing so already.[/quote]The Trinidad Troll strikes again! Beauseant has clearly stated the aim of the "new" organisation was to be less confrontational and more social minded than before. But you already knew that, didn''t you?And to suggest NCISA should take on the Premier League is just laughable and pathetic.Sorry Bly, but you''ve failed miserably this time! [/quote]

Delia will be disappointed. I''m sure that  she would so appreciate a vibrant  NCISA prepared to come on board with her to tackle the stuctural ills of the Premier League.

[/quote]Here''s a thought Bly.....your concerns, thoughts and ideas re the new NCISA shouldn''t be wasted, so why don''t you join them? Beauseant has already said he would welcome exiled fans. And after the AGM you may even get a poxy vote! [;)]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="BlyBlyBabes"]

[/quote]

[/quote]Here''s a thought Bly.....your concerns, thoughts and ideas re the new NCISA shouldn''t be wasted, so why don''t you join them? Beauseant has already said he would welcome exiled fans. And after the AGM you may even get a poxy vote! [;)]
[/quote]

Not forgetting of course that on friday nights down at Nutty''s we could raise a glass to absent friends.[H]