Sign in to follow this  
TIL 1010

Well Planned Norwich City.

Two days before the season starts and having already put my new season season in my wallet i got a letter from Norwich City this morning informing me that i will have to be moved due to the new dugouts.It apparently affects me and 15 other season ticket holders.

Now forgive me but whilst suspecting that this might happen ever since we were promoted and in fact i recall a thread on the issue months ago how on earth has this situation flagged up now and not before? Not even the opportunity to join movers and shakers so availability of comparible seats is virtually zilch.

To think there is a customer services manager at Carrow Road but poor old Danny Casey has been put in the firing line to deal with a handful of disgruntled fans.

Rant over.

We may be Premiership by name, but by customer service sadly we are not. This latest debacle, together with the recent letters to all Under 21 season ticket holders requesting them to prove their age before their new tickets would be issued, shows an incredible lack of foresight on behalf of the Club.

Harsh, but if you had an inkling it was a possibility why did you not call them for clarity?

As you say you''d have had far more options weeks ago, you''re probably going to be offered the seats in the back of Upper Barclay normally held for players/friends/families

Its a problem if your under 21, or just over.

But its business, people having been getting away with using under 21 prices for a long time now.

I wish I could get cheap tickets, but I can''t. Why fiddle the club you support.

However thats just p1ss poor organisation

[quote user="Ankles"]Harsh, but if you had an inkling it was a possibility why did you not call them for clarity?[/quote]

The issue was raised with the ticket office and they knew nothing and as i said the tickets for the affected seats were printed and posted only a couple of weeks ago.

Now we are premier league those supporters that have seen this club through the darker days no longer count. This problem should have been sorted before movers and shakers.

The subject of the under 21''s also beggars belief why this couldn''t have been done at the point of application instead of leaving it to the main holiday period just shows what this club thinks of its supporters.

I''ve got no real issues with the U21 situation, it could of been handled better but I agree with the logic of getting people to prove their age.  As for making Mr Tilson and a number of others move at this stage after pratically all other seats have been taken is not on.  Will there actually be any seats available for them at Stoke match?

Don''t blame you for having a rant. Did they offer you an alternative?

Times are certainly changing! I guess while Paul Lambert and the team continue pulling up trees none of this will matter. But as McNally himself has pointed out football is cyclical by nature and I do wonder if the same loyalty would be shown by fans if the club were to spiral downwards again.

[quote user="lappinitup"]Oh dear! The fanny magnet is facing a premature ejection...[:''(]
[/quote]

I am now off down to the Club having e-mailed Mr.McNally so just let me hang on for a few minutes Lapp.[H]

Maybe John, you will be named in the squad of 25 - then be able to keep your current seat, albiet now in the dugout! At least it will be undercover!

[quote user="bloomers"]Sorry, but did tell you so at the Parma game[/quote]

That may well be so but if questions were asked as they were indeed asked directly of the club and nothing was forthcoming what exactly are you supposed to do?

This whole issue could have been prevented by better planning by whoever decided that these seats were required and before movers and shakers was done and dusted.As i said earlier some of us affected could see this coming but our concerns came to nothing until these letters were posted out yesterday.

As someone never as deeply in love as some fans with the new executive management regime, what follows is certainly not any kind of excuse for what is plainly a piece of copper-bottomed incompetence. It beggars belief that a club which has known for more than three months that it had this problem would wait until just over a week before the first home game to present the victims with a fait accompli rather than having the foresight to give them a chance to use the movers and shakers scheme.

But, more generally, if customer service at Carrow Road has deteriorated there is one obvious relevant factor. In order to reduce costs, over the last two financial years combined (the last year of the old regime and the first year of the new) there was a cut of 16.4 per cent in the number of non-footballing staff. That is one person in six, and was pretty much bound to have affected the quality of service.

It will be interesting to see if numbers are now creeping back up in the wake of a second promotion.

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

As someone never as deeply in love as some fans with the new executive management regime, what follows is certainly not any kind of excuse for what is plainly a piece of copper-bottomed incompetence. It beggars belief that a club which has known for more than three months that it had this problem would wait until just over a week before the first home game to present the victims with a fait accompli rather than having the foresight to give them a chance to use the movers and shakers scheme.

But, more generally, if customer service at Carrow Road has deteriorated there is one obvious relevant factor. In order to reduce costs, over the last two financial years combined (the last year of the old regime and the first year of the new) there was a cut of 16.4 per cent in the number of non-footballing staff. That is one person in six, and was pretty much bound to have affected the quality of service.

It will be interesting to see if numbers are now creeping back up in the wake of a second promotion.

[/quote]

There is a customer services manager called Chris Bailey who i am told took over from Richard Gough.I for one have never heard of him nor have i met him but then again as we do not have forums or supporters meetings anymore that is hardly surprising.[:|]

Sorry to hear this. I feel that the club have let you and others down very badly here. Ashamed to say it of our club but what a shambles!

I think thats really bad Tilly and I would be very angry if it was me, why the hell did they send out your season ticket if they knew they were going to move you from your seat.

Last season there were 4 spare seats in the front row to the left of the away dug out ( as you look down onto it ) where the overspill of the away subs used to sit are they available for you ?

[quote user="Ankles"]Harsh, but if you had an inkling it was a possibility why did you not call them for clarity?

As you say you''d have had far more options weeks ago, you''re probably going to be offered the seats in the back of Upper Barclay normally held for players/friends/families[/quote]

.....and plastic fans, happy clappers.....

That is pretty piss-poor, though.

I''m sure they should be able to find 15 spare seats in the Director''s Box......You could sit on Delia''s lap Mr Tilson.....

Humour aside.....It''s pretty pease poor.

[quote user="The Voice Of Reason"]Hello Hello Hello,

Move Along Now Til,

Nothing To See From That Seat[/quote]

That is funny!! :)))))

The issue of the moving Season Ticket Holder(s) is incompetence and a shambles

I agree this is p*ss poor, Tilly.The club knew this was likely to happen some time ago and they should have given you and the others affected first option on the best seats available for '' movers & shakers '' week.They''ll probably squeeze you in the Jarrold somewhere but it won''t be near me you''ll be glad/sorry ( delete as appropriate ) to learn as I think all the seats were taken last season. You''ll also be pleased to learn that despite sitting next to a copper for a couple of years I somehow failed to get arrested for being drunk and disorderly even once. Probably being asleep half the time helped........

Unfortunately a similar situation happened to me last season when the extra seats were added in. I loved my ailse seat and we were moved to a non ailse seat after movers and shakers and concequently had no say.... We complained and were NOT happy bunnys...

Well Tilly I am another of those effected by this huge stuff up by the club, also got the letter yesterday and and we put the "F" into Mr Casey and his team immediately we got the post. Imagine those that are on holiday when they get back and find they have no seat for the Stoke game....It transpires from the club that our beloved manager is to blame - after the experience of the two freindly games he was still not happy with the amount of room for all his technical and support sqaud in the new expanded premier league padded seat dug outs and he ordered that the whole row behind the home dugout be taken over for his clingons, away dugout not effected. Wonder if we will get our seats back when such a large team is no longer economically viable? shame on the club I shall be demanding compensation for next seasons ticket.