Sign in to follow this  
Ruddy Marvelous!

Group Lotus Partnership

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

Last night my 5 year old son was bored so I decided to drive him down to CR hand deliver my written application for Man Utd tickets.  I completely forgot there was a reserve game on so didn''t think to take my season ticket - bit of a mistake there!

As we walked across the main car park Mustard junior (clutching his beloved Mario & Luigi toys) asked what the ''double-doughnut'' tyre marks were doing on the tarmac? I thought ''Probably young car thieves - Bl**** Hooligans!'' - poor show that; destroying the image of a Premiership Football Club car park.

In an effort to curb his desire to test everything to destruction these days I advised my son "It may be OK for Mario & Luigi - but this is not good behaviour. This isn''t a race track is it? It''s a car park where you should be really careful not to bash into anyone".

Now I read that none other than Nigel Mansell was at CR yesterday showing Lambo, Holty & Co how to spin a Lotus Evora GT4. So I was absolutely right then? ................Bl**** Hooligans! :-)

[/quote]

That made me smile [:)]

Was at the launch. Mr Mansell was indeed driving like a lunatic, but the funny bit was the photographer sitting beside him , who most definately looked as if he needed brown trousers. Lotus had asked for some of the players to drive the cars or at least be passengers but Lambert was having none of it. In fact PL stood in the wings looking a bit huffy, and didnt as far as I saw, speak to the press.

Goreham was there, as polished as usual, and Stuart "I''m a binner" Jarrold was there, who looked like a scarecrow.

No mention of the amount but McNally told me the club had been trying to do this deal for a long time.

Lunch was nice, NCFC beat the Lotus blokes in a penalty shoot out, and Grant Holt has agreed to sign my ball which I bought at an auction but noticed he hasn''t scribbled on it. All good.  

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

I completely forgot there was a reserve game on so didn''t think to take my season ticket - bit of a mistake there!

[/quote]

Not really, there is no free entry for ST holders anymore.