Sign in to follow this  
Ruddy Marvelous!

Group Lotus Partnership

Stick them both on the shirt, maybe they can give discount to all lotus drivers and a free supermembership to Norwich City when you buy a lotus with Aviva insurance :P

Yet more McNally genius I imagine, the guy should be knighted! What do lotus actually get out of the deal I wonder?

[quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Isn''t the owner of Lotus about to buy another Premier League team? Or is that the other Lotus? So many teams so many Lotuses (Loti?)[/quote]That''s Tony Fernandes, the other Lotus...

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Makes sense, can anyone explain how it will work though?[/quote]

What Joanna said??? What does it actually mean? We get money, but what do Lotus get? And i thought the owner of Lotus was trying to buy QPR? or is this a different Lotus? I''m confused... Please help me!!!

"What do lotus actually get out of the deal I wonder? "

Their name in the 500m (?) homes that City games will be broadcast in and association with a leading brand - The Premier League.

Read the last but one paragraph in the above quoted article (it doesn''t allow you to cut and paste otherwise I would).

ps maybe this puts into perspective the recent problem with the local brewing chap

[quote user="Sports Desk Pete"][quote user="Bethnal Yellow and Green"]Isn''t the owner of Lotus about to buy another Premier League team? Or is that the other Lotus? So many teams so many Lotuses (Loti?)[/quote]

That''s Tony Fernandes, the other Lotus...
[/quote]

So not only will there be two Lotus teams in F1, but potentially two Lotus teams in the Premier League. Wonder how many court cases they can have with each other over this [:P]

I''m not bothered who it is but I agree with Jen, so they come back in when we are in the prem. Shows how it is a decision only based on business prospects of us in the prem.

All I care is that we have seven figures in the bank and please start looking at a deal for Pacheco or Lansbury or both.

[quote user="Joanna Grey"]Makes sense, can anyone explain how it will work though?[/quote]

That''s what I was wondering, the article doesn''t make it clear what the investment is in and how it publicises Lotus.

Still, a pretty cool association. Plus I too can dust down my favourite City away strip.

[quote user="smooth"]I''m not bothered who it is but I agree with Jen, so they come back in when we are in the prem. Shows how it is a decision only based on business prospects of us in the prem. All I care is that we have seven figures in the bank and please start looking at a deal for Pacheco or Lansbury or both.[/quote]

The deal is over five years, so the annual amount could be as low as £200,000.

"so the annual amount could be as low as £200,000"

or

" a significant seven-figure investment"

which is hardly likely to be the absolute minimum figure that qualifies it as a seven figure sum

more ridiculous guff from purple, I''m afraid

Or could be as little as 10,000.00 as seven figure sum!

How do we know Purple is wrong or you off on your Expertees again, how do you know that it''s not 200K per year? give us your Guff to what a significant seven figure sum is?

Yet again the City1st fountain of knowing it all!

"Yet again the City1st fountain of knowing it all!"

not all dear boy,

just a matter of ''the one eyed man in the land of the blind'' etc

[quote user="Indy"]Or could be as little as 10,000.00 as seven figure sum! How do we know Purple is wrong or you off on your Expertees again, how do you know that it''s not 200K per year? give us your Guff to what a significant seven figure sum is? Yet again the City1st fountain of knowing it all![/quote]

Indy, you should know by now that City1st is never wrong. It is frankly a privilege to be put right by him. For example, many people in football, including many referees, thought the penalty area included the lines, so that an offence on one of the lines counted as a penalty. My FA rule book says as much. But in another recent thread City1st, thank the lord, put us right on that, in a reference to whether the penalty given against us at Wigan was inside or outside the box:

"Anything being judged [as a penalty] would have to be wholly over that line to be in the penalty box."

Delia''s apparently opening a new restaurant in the Jarrold, and is calling it "The Lotus Eaters".......

......maybe?

[quote user="City1st"]"Yet again the City1st fountain of knowing it all!"

not all dear boy,

just a matter of ''the one eyed man in the land of the blind'' etc[/quote]Have you actually ever been right apart from in your own mind City1st?  You prize plum.  I can imagine in ''real life'' you are the guy in the office who everyone laughs at, but on here turn into a condescending know-it-all, who quite frankly seems to know a lot about nothing.

Sorry if this sounds like a silly question, but am I right in saying that this is the last season our shirts will be sponsored by Aviva unless the contract is renewed, so is it likely that Lotus will be our shirt sponsor next year or is their sponsorship just being advertised around Carrow Road, such as the new Lotus seats in the dugouts for example?

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

[quote user="Indy"]Or could be as little as 10,000.00 as seven figure sum! How do we know Purple is wrong or you off on your Expertees again, how do you know that it''s not 200K per year? give us your Guff to what a significant seven figure sum is? Yet again the City1st fountain of knowing it all![/quote]

Indy, you should know by now that City1st is never wrong. It is frankly a privilege to be put right by him. For example, many people in football, including many referees, thought the penalty area included the lines, so that an offence on one of the lines counted as a penalty. My FA rule book says as much. But in another recent thread City1st, thank the lord, put us right on that, in a reference to whether the penalty given against us at Wigan was inside or outside the box:"Anything being judged [as a penalty] would have to be wholly over that line to be in the penalty box."

[/quote]

LOL. There really should be a ''Classic Quotes'' thread for this sort of stuff.

Have to say that saying the deal ''could be as low as £200k'' is rather a negative slant. Of course it is true, but when/how often in the past have we been in any sort of position to announce deals of this scale? On one hand it is a bit annoying as you need the £ far more when you''re at the lower levels, but that''s just the way of things, success attracts money.

Last night my 5 year old son was bored so I decided to drive him down to CR hand deliver my written application for Man Utd tickets.  I completely forgot there was a reserve game on so didn''t think to take my season ticket - bit of a mistake there!

As we walked across the main car park Mustard junior (clutching his beloved Mario & Luigi toys) asked what the ''double-doughnut'' tyre marks were doing on the tarmac? I thought ''Probably young car thieves - Bl**** Hooligans!'' - poor show that; destroying the image of a Premiership Football Club car park.

In an effort to curb his desire to test everything to destruction these days I advised my son "It may be OK for Mario & Luigi - but this is not good behaviour. This isn''t a race track is it? It''s a car park where you should be really careful not to bash into anyone".

Now I read that none other than Nigel Mansell was at CR yesterday showing Lambo, Holty & Co how to spin a Lotus Evora GT4. So I was absolutely right then? ................Bl**** Hooligans! :-)