Sign in to follow this  
Farkes The Herald Angels

Fancy something to eat?

This takes the cake (sorry) when it comes to Delia-isms.

From our good friends at the Mirror

"THE BIG ISSUE: Can Norwich serve up Premier League delight for Delia?

Delia Smith looked on somewhat nervously as she wondered what her side would cook up in the top flight. Lobster thermidor or bangers and mash?

Probably neither.

On this showing the recipe is for dishes that show flair and attractiveness, without lashings of top-class ­finesse.

On the other hand, there was often a pretty bog-standard defensive offering with too much use of a large-size cullinder, that leaked dangerously at critical times. But on the plus side customers at the Carrow Road "Restaurant of fine Fare" can look forward to some delightful offerings over the season. Her "top chef" Paul Lambert runs his establishment with a great deal of entertainment which is sure to please the East Anglian clientele".

[quote user="Kevin Keelan"]

Delia Smith looked on somewhat nervously as she wondered what her side would cook up in the top flight. Lobster thermidor or bangers and mash?

Probably neither.

On this showing the recipe is for dishes that show flair and attractiveness, without lashings of top-class ­finesse.

On the other hand, there was often a pretty bog-standard defensive offering with too much use of a large-size cullinder, that leaked dangerously at critical times. But on the plus side customers at the Carrow Road "Restaurant of fine Fare" can look forward to some delightful offerings over the season. Her "top chef" Paul Lambert runs his establishment with a great deal of entertainment which is sure to please the East Anglian clientele".

[/quote]It irritates the **** out me.  A constant stream of verbal diarrhea from wet behind the ears journos who think they''ve invented the wheel when it comes to cliches and metaphors.IMO if they can''t be creative enough without resorting to this kind of sh!t they should **** off back to the sixth form and practise more by volunteer writing for their church mag.  

[quote user="Gene Tierney"][quote user="Kevin Keelan"]

Probably neither.

[/quote]

It irritates the **** out me.  A constant stream of verbal diarrhea from wet behind the ears journos who think they''ve invented the wheel when it comes to cliches and metaphors.
IMO if they can''t be creative enough without resorting to this kind of sh!t they should **** off back to the sixth form and practise more by volunteer writing for their church mag.  
[/quote]

[Y] Embarassingly poor.The guy who wrote the p**s taking blog recently was more accurate than he knew!

[quote user="Herman "][quote user="Gene Tierney"][quote user="Kevin Keelan"]

Probably neither.

[/quote]It irritates the **** out me.  A constant stream of verbal diarrhea from wet behind the ears journos who think they''ve invented the wheel when it comes to cliches and metaphors.IMO if they can''t be creative enough without resorting to this kind of sh!t they should **** off back to the sixth form and practise more by volunteer writing for their church mag.   [/quote]

[Y] Embarassingly poor.The guy who wrote the p**s taking blog recently was more accurate than he knew!

[/quote]Yeah[Y] how ironic was that.

[quote user="Gene Tierney"]It irritates the **** out me. [/quote]Really?It''s predictable, tired and lazy journalism but I expect it and have long since filtered it out.

it can''t just be us that gets this sort of drivel written about them can it?

i know a lot of journalists are very lazy so they will always look for the easiest thing to refer to - with us it''s not just Delia, for example, how many f***ing times are people going to mention we lost 7-1 to Colchester on the opening day 2 years ago!!!

i recall when Abramovic bought Chelsea you would hear his name time after time when the club was being discussed in papers or on tv but that seems to have died down now, what with manager changes and big name signings to change people''s focus.

but Delia bought into the club a long time ago, is it really still news?  is there nothing else about Norwich to talk about?  (back to back promotions, beating the scum 9-2, etc..)  perhaps I under-estimate Delia''s fame and she is always at the fore front of the public''s collective mind.  i''d like to think Stephen Fry has a larger celebrity status but i''m certainly not saying I want journo''s to simply swap Fry references for Delia references  (doesn''t help his surname is a cooking technique does it!?)

for any journo''s reading (and i''m guessing there is none) - shut the f*** up about Delia (and the colchester game while you are at it) and use just a tiny ickle bit of imagination to write something fresh.  the food jokes have long since gone stale... [:(]

[quote user="Gene Tierney"][quote user="Kevin Keelan"]

Probably neither.

[/quote]It irritates the **** out me.  A constant stream of verbal diarrhea from wet behind the ears journos who think they''ve invented the wheel when it comes to cliches and metaphors.[/quote]I''m going to assume you''re doing this for ironic effect.