Sign in to follow this  
Tore Raaen

Question: The jarrold stand, area H

Hi there!

I''m planning another trip to mighty Norwich and being in the Premiership getting good tickets for the games at Carrow road is more challenging..

I plan becoming a supermember the next few days.

Looking at the tickets availible for the West brom game it''s pretty crowded already, but in are H ( I guess next to the away supporters) always seem to have great seats availible and many of them.

Can anyone comment on why these seats in area H seem to not be so popular. Is it only because you sit next to the away supporters? And if so, have any of you had any sort of problems in this area?

Certainly no risk of trouble with the away fans in this area.

IMO it is the quietest part of the ground so it''s probably the lack of atmosphere that means tickets there sell out last.  I would always prefer to be in the Barclay but ended up in the Jarrold last time I went for precisely this reason.  It''s fine but just less of an experience than being in the Barclay.

Of course if you prefer your football viewing to be sat down and quiet it would be good.

Unless I''m missing something major, I''m sure Area H has so many tickets on sale as Blackburn haven''t taken their full allocation and therefore these tickets have been made available to us.

It''s because block H forms part of the maximum away allocation so there are no season ticket holders in this block.  It''s only once NCFC and the away club agree on an allocation that block H is released to home fans (if not required by the away club).

211203 . . . question for you :o)

If the Jarrold Stand is the quietest part of the ground . . . Then how would you describe the City Stand?

Ok.

Thanks everybody for clearing this up.

Last time on Carrow Road i was at Jarrold, section M, row 8..good seats, but don''t think it would be easy getting those these days :)

I see you can get tickets on on the first and second row on the lower barclay..Perhaps not the best view, but for atmosphere :)

Will be attending the Blackburn game btw.

Greetings from Norway.

[quote user="Blooberry"]211203 . . . question for you :o) If the Jarrold Stand is the quietest part of the ground . . . Then how would you describe the City Stand?[/quote]

Fair point, maybe I should have said the quietest part except for possibly the City Stand and River End ?

depends what part of the City stand you mean as i sit there, near the snake pit, and it''s not as loud as other areas i''ve sat in but certainly not as quiet as the river end or Jarrold.

small sacrifice for a better view!

As a regular visitor to CR who sadly lives too far away to get a season ticket I can confirm that the River End is the quietest part of the ground by some distance...I loathe having to sit there when no other tickets are available. A couple of mates have their season tickets in there but several times I have paid to sit in the Barclay rather than take the free ticket in the RE - our league 1 promotion year and I wanted some atmosphere when we secured promotion.The Jarrold is okay, every so often people get confused and sing but I did get some funny looks when I stood up because I hated Leeds - ''stand up if you hate the Leeds''.

[quote user="Blooberry"]211203 . . . question for you :o)

If the Jarrold Stand is the quietest part of the ground . . . Then how would you describe the City Stand?[/quote]Have you ever been locked in a morgue during a power cut?

Hi Tore,

Block H is part of the 3,000 or so seats that form part of the maximum away seat allocation. When a visiting team does not use their full allocation, this block is available for sale to the home fans. Sometimes this happens long in advance of the match and on other occasions this can happen relatively late in the day. This was the case with the Forest game last season which had an unexpectedly low demand from the visiting fans despite being a top of the table end of season clash, probably a result of the relatively late switch from a Saturday KO to a Sky date on the Friday evening.

I have the use of two season tickets in Block L of the Jarrold but on many occasions over recent years when extra tickets have been required, I have chosen to sit in Block H. It is one of my favourite parts of the ground to sit in as on a good day such as Forest or QPR last season the atmosphere (as well as view) can be really good. Sitting close to the visitors ensures that good banter can be had, and with the Barclay adjacent and Snake Pit opposite I have found that the liveliness of these areas spills into Block H. I have once seen a small number of away fans, Charlton a couple of seasons ago get a little too upset and try to storm the netting – however they did not get far and were of no concern to anyone except themselves!

A key reason for enjoying this area is that I find the people sitting there are far more agreeable than many other areas of the ground. In my usual seats I am unfortunately surrounded by some of the most ignorant ‘fans’ I have ever met in the land. Ignorant not only of Football goings on in general, but ignorant of the goings on of the club. It is a pain to hear them moan constantly about utter nonsense that largely has no relevance to the game taking place in front of them. I personally attend most away games as I had been exiled until recently. I really enjoy the atmosphere of away days and have found it really hard at times returning to my season ticket seat. One example being Scunthorpe last season where I instinctively leapt to my feet upon the fouling of Grant Holt in the box early in the game. I automatically stayed on my feet to check that Paul Reid was sent off and the penalty awarded. After 15 seconds or so an ‘old git’ from behind practically punched me on the shoulder and told me to sit down. I turned to see who or what had done this and missed Holt slam home the penalty as a result! Not happy... Oh and don’t ever refer to the stand as being the Jarrold near them as its only ever allowed to be the South Stand!

Anyway, I highly recommend Block H and have just bought a couple for the West Brom game myself. Hope you enjoy the game!

[quote user="Brighton Yellow"]Hi Tore,

Block H is part of the 3,000 or so seats that form part of the maximum away seat allocation. When a visiting team does not use their full allocation, this block is available for sale to the home fans. Sometimes this happens long in advance of the match and on other occasions this can happen relatively late in the day. This was the case with the Forest game last season which had an unexpectedly low demand from the visiting fans despite being a top of the table end of season clash, probably a result of the relatively late switch from a Saturday KO to a Sky date on the Friday evening.

I have the use of two season tickets in Block L of the Jarrold but on many occasions over recent years when extra tickets have been required, I have chosen to sit in Block H. It is one of my favourite parts of the ground to sit in as on a good day such as Forest or QPR last season the atmosphere (as well as view) can be really good. Sitting close to the visitors ensures that good banter can be had, and with the Barclay adjacent and Snake Pit opposite I have found that the liveliness of these areas spills into Block H. I have once seen a small number of away fans, Charlton a couple of seasons ago get a little too upset and try to storm the netting – however they did not get far and were of no concern to anyone except themselves!

A key reason for enjoying this area is that I find the people sitting there are far more agreeable than many other areas of the ground. In my usual seats I am unfortunately surrounded by some of the most ignorant ‘fans’ I have ever met in the land. Ignorant not only of Football goings on in general, but ignorant of the goings on of the club. It is a pain to hear them moan constantly about utter nonsense that largely has no relevance to the game taking place in front of them. I personally attend most away games as I had been exiled until recently. I really enjoy the atmosphere of away days and have found it really hard at times returning to my season ticket seat. One example being Scunthorpe last season where I instinctively leapt to my feet upon the fouling of Grant Holt in the box early in the game. I automatically stayed on my feet to check that Paul Reid was sent off and the penalty awarded. After 15 seconds or so an ‘old git’ from behind practically punched me on the shoulder and told me to sit down. I turned to see who or what had done this and missed Holt slam home the penalty as a result! Not happy... Oh and don’t ever refer to the stand as being the Jarrold near them as its only ever allowed to be the South Stand!

Anyway, I highly recommend Block H and have just bought a couple for the West Brom game myself. Hope you enjoy the game![/quote]

Thanks alot for that in depth explanation of this.

Will most likely check this out.

Cheers mate!

I have a question about tickets too... Planning a trip from Sweden, and the game that suits us best would be the Arsenal game... Is it even possible to get tickets to that one? Would it be easier to get tickets for the Blackburn game? How long before every game is the tickets released? I have no problem to make me and my girlfriend supermemembers to be able to purchase tickets as soon as possible.