Sign in to follow this  
Jacko

Retro Shirts

I like the new Errea kit but I was also wondering if there is anywhere, where you can purchase an old school kit from fairly cheaply. I have looked on that classic football shirts site and the prices are pretty eye watering! Any ideas much appreciated. Cheers

[quote user="CDMullins"]I got my Asiscs for £72 last week, Same seller had the away one too, that went for £78[/quote]i bought that and wore it at Wigan :-)

''I got my Asiscs for £72 last week, Same seller had the away one too, that went for £78''

Ahh, so that was you?, i Bid on both at £70 right up until the last 20 minutes then lost connection. Couldn''t believe they hung around at that price so long. Hope they were in as good condition as they looked on Ebay

I am really pleased with mine, it also has the ''football league'' embroided patches on :-)

I''ll soon be putting the same away shirt on eBay which I had already, but size L, brilliant condition but without the patches :-)

[quote user="Congo Canary"]''I got my Asiscs for £72 last week, Same seller had the away one too, that went for £78'' Ahh, so that was you?, i Bid on both at £70 right up until the last 20 minutes then lost connection. Couldn''t believe they hung around at that price so long. Hope they were in as good condition as they looked on Ebay[/quote]

Sorry Congo!

Yes, mine is in really good nick, also as the football league badges on.

I fancy the away one next!

To be honest i had to look up if it was ''The football League'' at the time, as they looked in real good nick and unusual to see both of them up for sale together . Out of curiosity, was the medium really a medium, or were they more of a small as were most of the replica shirts back then?

[quote user="Congo Canary"]Hmm, maybe a lucky escape then, i don''t do snug these days!![/quote]Congo, i am selling my large one soon, it was to big for me, it is in excellent condition, just no patches.

Cheers I will keep looking at ebay to see if anything comes up. Does £70 seem to be the benchmark for these Asics shirts now?

£100!? Blimey, I''ve got a couple of the Asics ones (home and away) tucked away in a cupboard...best I get them on ebay and make a few quid.

The only other places i''ve seen them are online on Ebay, and I''ve also seen a couple older shirts in a charity shop window , however what the condition of them was like etc I don''t know.

I think the club should have a ''RETRO'' day when everyone should wear thier old shirts!I know quite a lot (including me) where them often but it would be great to see thousands without the current (and franky uncomfortable) home shirt on for a game.

Some of us can''t fit into our retro shirts, I still hang onto my "Milk Cup Winners" away shirt in hope though.