Sign in to follow this  
grinner

where the hell did it come from/£3,000,000

WHERE DID WE FIND £3,000.000 from?last week no chance 1.2 only.great to get him, but just cant get head round how our accounts add up.

Yes, strange indeed. Unless there really is a Watling legacy and now on the official site Worthy is also taking about Harewood ! you can only assume Green is going.

Come on Grinner - Do you really want an explanation? If you do I refer to numerous posts re our financial position.

Despite what some say on this board (with some relish I have to say) we do have quite a few bob to spend without risk to the long term security of the club. Don''t listen to Doomcaster, pick up the coded messages from FCR.

[quote]WHERE DID WE FIND £3,000.000 from?last week no chance 1.2 only.great to get him, but just cant get head round how our accounts add up.[/quote]

I think it was just a bluff on Worthy part to keep the price down to a minimum.

The board have already indicated that we will be  in credit at the end of the financial year in May, add to that either £20m which is what we will get if we stay up or £15m if we go down and theres your £3m for Ashton with some to spare.

Smoke and mirrors. Its would be financial suicide for the club to spell out their buying power to all potential selling clubs. Basic common sense for a club our size. Obviously its not a viable tactic for the Man Us and Chelseas of this world.

The board probably remembered that if we go down, Green will want a move, so we can spend a small part of that money now.

Or maybe the players'' wives convinced Jonothan Ross to make a small donation...

You shouldn''t forget that when the figure £3m is stated, that''s not the fee we are paying but the estimated possible overall cost.

Firstly there will be a transfer fee. Then there might be some sort of time structure to how that initial basic fee is paid (eg we pay £1m now, £1m next year). Then there is probably "X" amount if we stay up (could be as much as £500k according to some rumours). That fee might also include "X" amount if he scores so many goals. Then "X" amount depending on appearances. "X" amount if he gains a full England cap during the period of his contract etc etc etc.

Rooney''s deal was worth something like a possible £30m, but Man Utd "only" paid £10m of that upfront. All of the rest comes in installments and performance related factors ("X" amount if they win the Champions League when he''s there etc). It''s the same in most players contracts. I remember the end of last season Leon not starting at Crewe, supposedly because in his deal we had to pay out an extra £50k if he scored 10 goals that season (and he was on 9). So it''s not a case of finding £3m right now.

Also we know that we have been cautious this season financially. If we do go down we know what income we will get from the Prem parachute and such, so we would have a rough idea of how much transfer money there would be next summer without player sales (of which there would be a couple at least , Green, Damo, but not as many as some fear I believe,). There''s no reason why we wouldn''t look at this minimum level of guaranteed income and allocate some of that money now to go towards Ashton.

It''s fairly obvioius we had a bit more to spend, we''re just following the trend of other promoted clubs who ring in players at the start of the season, see where they''re at in December and then go out and strengthen. Brum done it, Pompey done it and hopefully Norwich will reap the same results

it does seem strange . maybe we have had a firm offer for greeno which would explain his longer than normal stay on the pitch after the game today . whatever the reason for this big outlay im sure the club know what they are doing ........ i hope !

The funniest thing on screen since The Office is watching how the Whingers, Moaners and Doubters try to come to terms with having the ground cut away from under them again, this time by the Ashton deal. It shows once more how much cleverer the NCFC management is than the W,M & D Society, and that must be hard to deal with. It''s made my weekend though.

im just not going to trust worthy any more......... LIES ALL LIES!!!!!!!

oh what the hell, he signed ashton....... so............... GO WORTHY!!!