Sign in to follow this  
Kidderminster Canary

Sat Night Out in Norwich

Living in Worcestershire I seldom spend Sat night out in Norwich but for the West Brom Game on Sun 11th

8 of us (family) are staying overnight Sat.

Where is a good place to eat we are staying near the Station so riverside would be good but we are a family group with ages from 35 to 70 so not too lively !

any ideas ?

Also is Landsdowne Hotel in Thorpe Rd ok as they have mixed revues

Thanks

I''d start with post-match drinks at the Kingsway, toodle round to the Clarence Harbour for happy hour 2-4-1 cocktails, get along to the Ferryboat for a superb (and affordable) selection of modern English cuisine. Tummys full, I''d make a beeline for the Cat and Fiddle on Magdalen Street, a more welcoming boozer you''d be lucky to find. For the wee small hours - either the Wrestlers Arms on Vauxhall Street or the Castle at the bottom of Ketts Hill to dance he night away.

If you''re staying at the Lansdown then the stag or rushcutters are just down the road. I wouldn''t go to the castle unless you want some friendly attention from some one of the same sex !

[quote user="exiled blue"]isn`t the clarence harbour not there anymore?. or did i miss the point of that post!![/quote]Most if not all of those pubs he mentioned don''t exist anymore. I think he was trying to be, ahem, "funny"

Hi Kidderminster Canary!I was born in Kidderminster (grew up in Stourport, moved here in ''90)... nice to hear some home towners making the Journey! I ''d recommend checking out a few of the places on Riverside, even if they are chains there are quite a few to choose from and maybe the wetherspoons would be good for such a big group (and cheap booze too) Enjoy your time here :)

[quote user="Mungo Bumpkin"]

I''d start with post-match drinks at the Kingsway, toodle round to the Clarence Harbour for happy hour 2-4-1 cocktails, get along to the Ferryboat for a superb (and affordable) selection of modern English cuisine. Tummys full, I''d make a beeline for the Cat and Fiddle on Magdalen Street, a more welcoming boozer you''d be lucky to find. For the wee small hours - either the Wrestlers Arms on Vauxhall Street or the Castle at the bottom of Ketts Hill to dance he night away.

[/quote]

Mungo, you know ALL the good places for a night out in Norwich, don''t you?

hi nu_matik,

You seem to have the best deal moving east while I endend up in Kidder !

there are at least 10 City fans in the Kidderminster/Stourport/Bewdley area including a few from Kevin Keelans clan ( he came from Kidder )

Did you know that Kidderminster Harriers recently had a comp to find a 12th man, the prize was a season ticket and it turned out that the winner was from Norwich, someone who travels the 180 miles each week to support the Harriers while I probably pass him going the opposit direction on the A 14, its a crazy world being a footbal supporter.

Thanks to all for sugestions, we will probably end up on the Riverside.

Hi Kidderminster - Just up the road here in Worcester (Actually on the Kiddy side in Martley to be precise!!).

I stayed at the Landsdowne when I went up for the promotion parade - it''s basic but pleasant enough - Landlady was very friendly, room clean and I would happily stay there again.

Hi Kick it off,

Thanks for info re Landsdowne.

I spend a lot of time in Martley, in fact going to Martley show this afternoon, then up to the Admiral Rodney and on to the Talbot at Knightwick

Where do you watch the Sky games ? we usually go to the Bar at the Harriers Arms where they have a bigish sceeen and the natives are friendly.