Sign in to follow this  
JJ

John Obi Mikel

Good Luck from Norwich

Just wanted to show my support for the plight of finding his father and bringing his abductees to justice.

I found myself quite moved by his interview on sky sports news and just wanted to spare a thought for him and his family in this difficult time.

Yeah its terrible, also happens in South America a lot as i''m sure everyone is already aware. Doesn''t always turn out well. So fingers crossed for the poor lad, father and family.

think I''ll clap his name at Chelsea. his agent has confirmed there''s a pretty hefty ransom fee. thoughts go out to him and his family

Unfortunately the sizeable wages of footballers make them an easy target for some desperate people - I obv. hope all things go well for the release of his father.Didn''t I read once that Dimitar Berbatov was once kidnapped for a few weeks???

[quote user="NWC"]Unfortunately the sizeable wages of footballers make them an easy target for some desperate people - I obv. hope all things go well for the release of his father.Didn''t I read once that Dimitar Berbatov was once kidnapped for a few weeks???[/quote]maybe thats why berbatov is so frigging miserable? maybe he liked being held captive?

Yup, he was kidnapped about 12 years ago whilst he was at CSKA Sofia.

He was grabbed after training by three henchmen of gangster Georgi Iliev, who wanted a young Berbatov to sign for his club, Levski Kjustendil. Must''ve been a terrifying experience.

Best wishes to John Obi Mikel, his father and the family.