Sign in to follow this  
smooth

Away record, lansbury and players given the elbow

Ok 3 points

(1) When was our last away victory in the premiership it is obviously in the nineties, but we really need to get that monkey off our back.

Shame it wasn''t last weekend but I hope we can shift it soon. Points anywhere are good, but away from home would certainly help our cause.

(2) Was Lansbury involved in Arsenals'' squad yesterday?

Again I will make the point that if he isn''t impressing in training and getting in the first team squad. Then we must monitor the situation because now we know AW will be looking for a few replacements with fabby and possibly nasri moving.

I have a feeling that Lansbury is going to be surplus to requirements for AW and a little bid near the end of the window but certainly in Jan is possible.

(3) McNamee, Oli Johnson, Stephen Hughes, Cody Mc, what are their agents doing?

These guys need to at least be out on loan for the sake of their careers. They will all be playing at league 1 or 2 if they do not play for any team this season before they are released. In fact possibly not playing at all.

So I ask the question again what are they and their agents doing, they should be very active right now

1 isn''t really a question. It''s a statement, but one I agree with. It would''ve of been nice however, a point from home is always good.

2, he''s injured I believe, otherwise would have definitely been in the reserves game against Man Utd the other day. I do get the feeling that his future lies elsewhere, though. Just a matter of time I think.

3, Because why would be want to loan them out? It doesn''t benefit us in anyway. At this point we want to sell them or in some cases where there is no opportunity for a fee to release them. We are under no requirements to sell right now, so why should we? A lot of teams are waiting till the end of August to buy players anyway at reduced rates. Even then, once the 25 man squad is announced if anyone hasn''t gone they will probably be loaned out.

Haaving said that on the injury. Looking around it seems he didn''t feature in the reserves game because he was on standby for last nights, however, didn''t make the bench for that. Is a strange one. Bethanl will be able to offer the best insight.

Cheers L. Iwan

(1) Still would like to know where our last away victory was though in the prem. cause Worthy never understood that we had waited a decade when he took us up.

So where was that last away win?

(2) Interesting with now 35million plus possibly another 20+ would mean that Arsenal will be looking at first 11 and bench players to come in to the team. Hence knocking Lansbury down the pecking order, having to prove himself once more.

It would seem he has done all that is asked, think like you his future does not lay with Arsenal.

(3) Loans are only a benefit to get a little knocked off the wage bill and to have a little less possible disenchantment among some players at colney.

Again I just feel loans help us by keeping those who are not involved actively playing elsewhere helps the feel good factor around colney that we are pulling in one direction.

Those who are not involved, altho they have been on the same direction previously, may have reasons this season to feel disenchanted and cause problems.

But you are right that it does not effect us greatly as a team. But for the sake of the players, I am very surpirsed that the agents have not been working much harder and there is a strong possibility that these players will not be offered a contract anywhere once their contracts cease here at Carrow Road

2) Lansbury - Everything seems very unclear for poor Henri. He was pulled out of the reserve game to make sure he didn''t pick up an injury and would be ready for the game last night - however it seems he has now slipped behind Frimpong in the midfield order, which off the top of my head is Wilshere, Song, Ramsey, Rosicky, Frimpong, Lansbury - considering Wilshere, Frimpong and Ramsey are the same age or younger than Lansbury would suggest he ain''t going to get a lot of game time this year. This is all before considering they will probably (?) buy in at least one midfielder to replace Cesc and Nasri. The wing positions where Lansbury is also considered an option are pretty full with Gervinho, Arsahvin, Miyaichi and Chamberlin. I think if someone came in with a good offer for Lansbury now he would be sold, if nothing happens by the end of the transfer window he''ll probably end up on loan at a Championship club.

3) For the out going players no club will make an offer for them until the last few days of the window - they will then be at their cheapest price. Expect to see a flurry of activity around August 28th onwards.

Re Lansbury

Was at Emirates yesterday as son Arsenal supporter (Norwich close second, but we do live in London!)

Lansbury is not in Arsenal''s Champions league squad and indeed is not in their premiership squad (though remains listed as a first team player on their website!). 

I would anticipate he would go somewhere else at least on loan for the season - I hope to Norwich

I''m not sure that the surplus players are even going in to Colney, it was said that Smith needs to get his fitness levels up at Preston suggesting that perhaps he has not had the full programme in pre-season (we know that they were not involved in any matches).

[quote user="Kings Man"]

Re Lansbury

Was at Emirates yesterday as son Arsenal supporter (Norwich close second, but we do live in London!)

Lansbury is not in Arsenal''s Champions league squad and indeed is not in their premiership squad (though remains listed as a first team player on their website!). 

I would anticipate he would go somewhere else at least on loan for the season - I hope to Norwich

[/quote]

Due to his age he doesn''t need to be listed in either squads.

Unfortunately he can''t come to us on loan as we are limited to only two loanees. Lansbury''s contract is up next year, and although Arsenal could get a tribunal fee for him it would be less than his value, Arsenal are always unpredictable in their transfer dealings so hard to know what will happen to him, I doubt he''ll be allowed to leave before a couple of new players come in.

"I am very surpirsed that the agents have not been working much harder"

How do you know how hard they are working ?

I think the reason Lansbury hasn''t been sold yet is that Wenger is (quite rightly) making sure he has all bases covered.

It''s pretty obvious that HL isn''t seen as part of the long-term plans at the emirates... However, Wenger has presumably known for several weeks that Fabregas and Nasri would ultimately end up leaving, and one would assume has been planning accordingly - More than likely he has a couple of targets to replace them; but he can''t really afford to let Henri go until those deals are done and dusted... Otherwise if they fall through, he''d be left short of cover in midfield. (Song being suspended for 3 matches will have compounded this, and proven Wenger right in playing it this way).

I suspect Arsenal will bring in one or two more decent players in the next 10 days (possibly just the one superstar name, given Oxlade-Chamberlain has already signed) and then Lansbury will be allowed to leave once he''s certain of having enough bodies in the squad.

As for Norwich, I imagine PL will be waiting and watching and we''ll most likely move for him on deadline day or shortly before... Could face competition for him, but he''s said he enjoyed it last year, so hopefully that plus respect for Lambert''s management style will be enough to persuade him to sign permanently.

Also, Liverpool are about to offload David N''Gog, but rather than promoting Pacheco to the bench seem to be looking for a new signing - if they get someone then I wouldn''t be surprised to see something similar happen there around deadline day....

(well, we can but dream! :-P )

[quote user="Gerry Harrison"]Our last away win in the Premier League was on Sat 17 Dec 1994, 1-0 at Crystal Palace.[/quote]I went to that game, awful game between 2 poor teams. Ashly Ward got the winner to make it 3 goals in his first 2 games, probably put his well into the top half of the table before we plunged down the league to be relegated.

[quote user="Steve 9-2"][quote user="Gerry Harrison"]Our last away win in the Premier League was on Sat 17 Dec 1994, 1-0 at Crystal Palace.[/quote]I went to that game, awful game between 2 poor teams. Ashley Ward got the winner to make it 3 goals in his first 2 games, probably put us well into the top half of the table before we plunged down the league to be relegated.[/quote]

[quote user="smooth"]Decemeber 1994 at selhurst park where we never played well.

Cheers[/quote]

I went to this game... as I llive in SE London it was my first NCFC game and Ashely Ward''s goal remains seared in my memory forever.... unfortunately with exception of one meaningless end of season fixture and a pre-season friendly in 17 years I''ve never seen another victory there since... the recent pre-season friendly just added salt into the wound!

[quote user="smooth"]Decemeber 1994 at selhurst park where we never played well.

Cheers[/quote]That is the case now but when we won this game it was the 4th of 5 successive victories at Selhurst!