Sign in to follow this  
LeJuge

I am responsible for the worst prediction EVER

Well, perhaps only beaten by Mark Lawrenson predicting our relegation from League 1. I said that Ipswich would fight for a top 6 spot this year under Jewell, I may as well call a big fat prediction fail now before somebody else reminds me of it when Ipswich get relegated.I could not imagine a more pleasing thing to be 100% wrong about though. Relegation beckons for the scum I think. Fair play, most of you called this. Would be great to see them suffer a year or two in League One after their ridicule of us in our relegation season, with hopefully several years in that league like Leeds. A win tomorrow for City and this will be right up there with one of the best footy weekends of the season for us.

In addition, if they pull a miracle out of the bag and do finish in the top 6, you will all have forgotten about this thread and I can remind you of the other one. Call it spread betting :P

I watched them struggle in a pre season friendly against Cambridge a Blue Square premiership team. Thought they could be in trouble then.

"I said that Ipswich would fight for a top 6 spot this year under Jewell"

I wonder which pointer gave you that idea ?

Simon Clegg telling them that they would have to start to pay their way, by breaking even to begin with

Selling players last season and being told that NONE of that money would be available to strenghthen the squad

The only January signing being a non league player

21 players out of contract - with senior pros walking out

Unable to pay ''back rent'' to the council

Being turned down by Gary Megson as a manager

Signing aged ''has beens'' on short term contracts

One word of caution. A while back I posted up that the paupers were on a long, long slide. Doubtlessly there were those on here (who are City fans) who thought this was nothing much more than inter club rivalry, it was not.

All the signs were there, from pretty much the time Evans took over by paying a pittance, then loading the paupers with hideous debts. For those who think this is the lowest point then be warned, there is far, far more fun to come.

There is also a very, very good reason why Evans keeps a low profile and I suspect a very good reason why he has just wheeled out the terminally dim, red faced buffoon (Sheepshanks) and given him the meaningless title of vice president.

Perhaps even the ever docile suffolk dimwits are now just be beginning to grasp what has been really happening for the past three years or more, and we may see their anger rise above the usual disgruntled murmurs of discontent heard at poorman rd . It could lead to somebody''s bedsheet being waved about at the next home game with ''Evans out'' daubed upon it. Or even a waste bin being violently assualted.

RIPswich