Sign in to follow this  
Cantiaci Canary

No big conclusions today

Some reactions to the pre season games and the Wigan clash have disturbed me.

If we win today we''re not certain to avoid the relegation fight.

If we draw today we shouldn''t dread a long tough season ahead.

If we lose today we shouldn''t point fingers at the transfer strategy and chastise the kepper/defenders/midfielders/strikers for not being good enough.

We will only have played 2 games. Blackpool were soaring up to Christmas last year and look what happened to them. Hull, similarly, sat up in the top spots in the early months of their first Premier season and only survived by the skin of their teeth on the last day.

It''s a long old season. Let''s not draw too many conclusions from this afternoon.

Holt cant cut the PremWe need xxx points to stay upCody McDonald could have scored today as he scored for Tyne and Wear in the Rhymans insteadI trust Ruddy .... butFox controlled the gamexxxxx new player was shit

Just a few topics for you to guys to think about for us all to discuss post game :)Hope I havent missed any ?

xxxx new player was   * human anal waste *  ( big thanks to the naughty word filter, will revert back to bum and willy to ensure i dont get caught again)

spot on, good post.

We are fans so difficult not to, but shouldn''t get too excited with the bigger picture if we win, and shouldn''t get too dispondent if we lose.

Some slight concerns for me from some people are that they say "Stoke - we should beat them". Err, excuse me but Stoke are an established side who have spent millions on their team over the past 3 seasons. They may not be a fashionable name, but realistically a win today would be magnificint.

Big game today, certainley not make or break, but IF we can get a win, it''ll set us up for the next few games.  Confidence will be sky high going into a very tough game next week.  Draw isn''t the end of the world, but a defeat today, and a strong possibility of another next week at Stamford bridge, would see us in the bottom 3 with 1 point from 3 games, not a good start.  Would you then be confident we could get a result against WBA?

I wouldn''t say nailed on, Stoke are because they''ve come away, not played very well, and still got a point, its a lucky one under the circumstances, but a point none the less.  We''ve now got Chelsea A, WBA H, Bolton A, Sunderland H and Man U A, there are no easy games, and we''re gonna have to maintain the level we showed for the first hours today for 90 minutes every game. 

There were some very positive signs today, but we''ve got a big task to get near the mid table crew.