Sign in to follow this  
PhatCanary

Lots of positives

I think that rather than looking at the Ref, and the kick in the teeth that was Jones scoring so easily with a minute to go,we should look at the games positives,we played very,very well and had Stoke in all kinds of trouble,the new boys all played their part but Pilkington looks like a superb signing, i firmly believe we will get better and better as the players get used to the premier leagues pace,for me the positives far out way the negatives today and i am one proud Norwich City fan this afternoon.

I totally agree. We are 2 games in have not lost yet and only conceeded 2 goals (one of which a pen). If the tables had been turned and we got that last minute goal BUT didnt play as well I would be more concerned (but still very optimistic!) as we were immense today!!

PhatCanary"]I think that rather than looking at the Ref, and the kick in the teeth that was Jones scoring so easily with a minute to go,we should look at the games positives,we played very,very well and had Stoke in all kinds of trouble,the new boys all played their part but Pilkington looks like a superb signing, i firmly believe we will get better and better as the players get used to the premier leagues pace,for me the positives far out way the negatives today and i am one proud Norwich City fan this afternoon.

Agree with all you say except Jones scoring easily, cause he had a fight on all game. Just shows how good he is!

Yup, thought we controlled the game up until the sending off. Lambert seems to have worked his magic in the transfer market again, Bennett and Pilkington looked a real handfull down the flanks, I thought Bradley Johnson was outstanding in the centre with Crofts and looked anything but the clogged that the bitter Leeds fans made him out to be, and De Laet and Naughton were assured in what looked a solid and comfortable back 4. None of the lads who played last year looked out of place at this level either, a little more quality in the box and the game could have been wrapped up before the referee decided to ruin the contest.

Plenty of reasons to be positive, if we keep improving and learning like this then I''m confident we can pick up the points required for survival.