Sign in to follow this  
Jack Barak

F'in Robbery...shocked

[Y] So long as we don''t get refs like that again.

Pissed off with that result really!

That poor decision could cost us come the end of the season. It just seems that more experienced Prem players have learnt that if you just fall over,preferably in (but not essential) the box, then the weak refs will just give it.

I know that was never a pen, replays show foul was a mile outside of the box. Poss nto even a red card.

However 2nd time in 2 games our defenders have gone to sleep. A simple ''man on'' shout wouldn''t have gone a miss.

First half we were incredible, 2nd half was decided by that red card.

Stand out players for me Pilkington, Holt and esepcially Bennett and Ruddy.

Why do referees generally rush to make a decision once the whistle had been blown?

I know the initial decision has to be on instinct, and fair enough he has judged it to be a fowl. But once he has blown the whistle, why doesn''t he consult the linesman before a) giving a penalty and b) sending him off?

In that scenario even if the linesman didnt see or isn''t convinced, the ref can still go with his instinct. But by pointing to the spot and producing the red card, it is very hard for him to reverse the decision.

Don''t the FA teach them these things?

Not convinced it was even a foul! Looked 50/50 to be and barely any contact. Will be interesting as to what they say on MOTD tonight.

Its points like these, at home against middling sides, that could be vital at the end of the season.

And where did he find 5 mins of stoppages? Robbed.

I watched the 2nd half on MyP2P and when Barnett saw red the commentators said it should have been yellow and a free-kick outside the box. When Ruddy saved the penalty they said that "justice had been done". Stoke were damn well lucky to get an equaliser when it seemed like they couldn''t find the target after their penalty miss.

When we went up last time it was weeks and weeks before we won our 1st premier league match .We can only guess what 3 points in our 1st home game would have done to the players confidence , as it is it could be another 6 or 7 games before we win a game who knows ? Thanks ref .

Don''t worry we will beat Chelsea next week. All will be forgotten and come the end of the season we''ll be saying if only we had won this game we would be in Europe.

I haven''t seen a reply of the incident but I do know we were inviting pressure up to it and failing to keep hold of the ball as we did first half. At this level faults are punished and the penalty was the culmination of Stoke upping their game and Norwich falling deep and losing possession for a spell.

i was minutes away from £70 too!never mind. collected a nice £30 off De Laets goal... we havent lost yet this season and even sit above Arsenal.

[quote user="Tom"]Why do referees generally rush to make a decision once the whistle had been blown?

I know the initial decision has to be on instinct, and fair enough he has judged it to be a fowl. But once he has blown the whistle, why doesn''t he consult the linesman before a) giving a penalty and b) sending him off?

In that scenario even if the linesman didnt see or isn''t convinced, the ref can still go with his instinct. But by pointing to the spot and producing the red card, it is very hard for him to reverse the decision.

Don''t the FA teach them these things?[/quote]He seemed to take an awfully long time to make a decision, which is no bad thing but then he simply must have guessed it was in the area as the linesman did nothing - no flag, and if he''d seen it clearly he would have immediately blown and given the pen. If hes unsure about such a big decision, a penalty and a red card then why give it? - Howard Webb yesterday - there was a handball but he simply didnt see it however the strong reaction from the Newcastle players made him at least go over to the linesman and see if he''d seen anything. These are huge decisions that can cost a lot of points, the ref needs to be 100% when he makes them and this one didnt seem confident at all

From a referee''s perspective this is an awful decision, their bloke (could use a selection of words to describe him) Walters was already going down when he got past. Due to the fact that he wasn''t even in full control of the ball and was wide of center, how is this denying an OBVIOUS goal scoring opportunity, never a dogso in my opinion, therefore no red card. This morning i said that i would have taken a point but i''m genuinely gutted it wasn''t all three. OTBC!