Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Posters: Forget these players!.

Ashton, Bent, Scowcroft, Harewood et al (damn it) in fact anyone of quality!.

As I don''t believe Worthy is lying or bluffing on his recent statements in the EDP, then you really should now, just give up expecting or hopeing that ''something'' is going to happen with those players.

And yes, this is different to the Huckerby situtation,

(a) he really wanted to come.

(b) his price was reachable.

(c) IMO, Worthy played up and dug his heels in!. Now he seems to be reading from the same prayer book as the club.

I''m just as frustrated as you all are, but I''m not expecting anything of note to happen now. And the sooner we all face up to that, the better it will be for our collective nerves sake, yes?.                   

Wiz, have you checked the other threads yet m8????

[quote]Ashton, Bent, Scowcroft, Harewood et al (damn it) in fact anyone of quality!. As I don''t believe Worthy is lying or bluffing on his recent statements in the EDP, then you really should now, just give...[/quote]

Er, Oops!.

So they do tell porkies!.

This has to be the biggest ''own goal'' of the century, still some posters will enjoy my ridiucule, especially those in Chile!.

And as long as he signs I don''t bloody care either!.

Plea to moderators, can you please remove my thread, before too many posters see it!!!!.  

[quote]Ashton, Bent, Scowcroft, Harewood et al (damn it) in fact anyone of quality!. As I don''t believe Worthy is lying or bluffing on his recent statements in the EDP, then you really should now, just give...[/quote]

reading a gaff like this as news breaks of Ashtons offer being accepted everywhere........priceless.

No worries wiz, everyone is too ecstatic with the gr8 news to be too bothered about your all mighty cock up.

[quote]The almighty high and powerful wizard comes crashing down of his cloud with Ashton smiling on his way past towards Carrow Road!!! Hurrah!!![/quote]

He ain''t signed yet Stella!.

Elsewere on here there''s an alarming link with Hucks to Liverpool, and if that''s the price we have got to pay, then forget it!.

Mods - instead of having this thread deleted can we have it pinned to highlight the folly of bombastic posts from posters who open their keyboards before they look at the news?

Only kidding Wiz

OTBC

I agree wiz that signing Ashton is pointless if Hux, our sole chance provider, is no longer at the club. Otherwise we may as well sign Ruud VanN and sit him on the bench coz he would get any chances.

OTBC

Wiz m8, i don''t think the board or Worthy would even contemplate selling him to get ashton. After the trouble they went through to bring him here, and if they did the fans would go ballistic.

Anyway the page on the website isn''t confirmation,just another bloody rumour, and its not under the latest news section either, so i think we''re safe m8.

[quote]He ain''t signed yet Stella!. Elsewere on here there''s an alarming link with Hucks to Liverpool, and if that''s the price we have got to pay, then forget it!.[/quote]

Its just a paper rumour so calm down my friend Wizard.

The last sentence on the Liverpool sentence is the key

This story has been reproduced from today''s media. It does not necessarily represent the views or position of Liverpool Football Club.

P.S. Your post today made me smile

I''ve been glued to this board for weeks following the intense transfer speculation. Trying, like most posters and viewers, to separate the laughable and ludicrous from the plausible and possible.

This is my first post, but I fealt obliged to comment on on what must be the worst mis-timed challenge ever, and a monumental embarrasment for 1st Wizard. OK, he got it sooo wrong, but hey, what a bold, brave and definitive challenge it was. No umming or arring..No way out ..no open back door... no hoping or wishing...just absolute certainty. 1st Wizard put his credibility on the line and didn''t see the train coming.

What I find difficult about this is the misreading of Worthy''s most recent statements widely covered by Anglia, Sky etal, regarding A lists etc. That was the loudest hint ever that he and the board were doing everything possible to get Ashton and Bent, given that he had ruled out Zamora. I saw the interview yesterday, and said to my self YES.. it''s going to happen. So how did Ist Wiz, apparantly alone among his poster peers, get it so wrong?

It is my nature and my business to be cautious in negotiations, and never close the door if there is still a chance. How boring this board would be if everyone took that approach. So I say thanks to 1st Wiz for some great entertainment. Keep coming in with two feet flying.

Oh dear Wiz.

And for those of us with a slightly longer memory, - you were guaranteeing that Harewood would be here come January - because you''d cast an infallible spell.

Seems like you need to sort out the old magic filing cabinet.

[quote]I''ve been glued to this board for weeks following the intense transfer speculation. Trying, like most posters and viewers, to separate the laughable and ludicrous from the plausible and possible. ...[/quote]

Superb post Paddy, and welcome to the boards mate..

Well said Paddy, this board would not be the same without Wiz.  He says what he feels and thinks.  He doesn''t just post in the hope that everyone will agree with him. 

It was just unfortunate timing when he wrote this thread.  Long may Wiz continue to post on this board..

[quote]Well said Paddy, this board would not be the same without Wiz. He says what he feels and thinks. He doesn''t just post in the hope that everyone will agree with him. It was just unfortunate timing...[/quote]

Cheers Saint.

Well Wiz, they say fortune follows the brave, at least you''ve never been afraid to make a two footed tackle. I also admit I am amazed too, that the board have found a way to finance this new deal.  I would love to know it''s structure, but knowing the board, it will be a tight framework with due regard to a stringent safety net from both the new players point of view and NCFC''s. I do hope they can play to his strengths and keep the ball on the ground.

I can make nothing of the Hux rumour, I cannot think that Worthy would agree to him making a move. He is one of the few who drags the team kicking and screaming into the opposition half of the pitch.

Wiz don''t worry about having your proclamation removed from the board for,  Mistakes often improve the mind, I know Iv''e made enough.

You brightened up my Friday afternoon Wiz. Fantastic timing!!!! Those balls look as golden as a Beckham penalty now...........

[quote]reading a gaff like this as news breaks of Ashtons offer being accepted everywhere........priceless.[/quote]

Sorry to jump on the bandwagon but wanted to echo my amusement....

Ho hum, Wiz

Now put up a post about any others players that we might fancy will definetly not be coming, oh and round off with the fact that I will definetly not being winning the lottery

I have it on very good authority that the Wiz is eating a large slice of humble pie at the moment.

Although as of when I left work today at 4.30 it still wasn''t 100% confirmed, though near as damn it.

Wiz has also informed me that under no circumstances what so ever will Frank Lampard, Thierry Henry and Rio Ferninand be joining City in the transfer window.