Sign in to follow this  
im spartacus canary

Ot yellows

Got an email the other day from the club saying before todays game why not enjoy a burger chunky chips and a pint of carling for a tenner.. so up to yellows i rolled got there at midday and the waitress took my order .. Then someone in authrority came over and said sorry that particular offer  wasn''t available until 12:30 i pointed out that i could see burgers going past on plates and pints of lager being drunk at the bar she said sorry but that was the policy... so we said sod it went and got a burger outside and went for a couple of pints down riverside.. what a ridiculous policy why send out the email if you can''t bloody well have them [:@]

The policy will not be corrected by posting on here Spartacus  and indeed it does seem stupid that the offer was not available until an hour before kickoff.Maybe the policy was for a 3pm start so ring catering tomorrow and have a word.

Suggest you complain as somebody clearly does not understand their own rules. There is a link on the email that takes you to the website this states

Yellows is our American Bar & Grill with a relaxed vibe and cool, contemporary design. Open 7 days a week.

Enjoy a Burger, Chunky Chips and Pint of Carling for £10 before the game. Available from two hours before kick-off at every home game.

It should based on the email have been available from 11: 30. Send it to McNally 

[quote user="TIL 1010"]The policy will not be corrected by posting on here Spartacus  and indeed it does seem stupid that the offer was not available until an hour before kickoff.Maybe the policy was for a 3pm start so ring catering tomorrow and have a word.[/quote]

yeah i know Til i should have kicked up a fuss there and then ... i will ring catering tomorrow [:D]

Match day "Yellows" is , I believe, a part of the universe only really understood by the late , great, Douglas Adams. Sometimes you can book, sometimes you can''t. Sometimes the £10 deal is on, and sometimes it isn''t. I have had a pint , and then again a small bottle, of lager, all within the £10 deal.  

On other occassions I have not received my burger, and then two arrive at once. Ask for cheese and you can see the fabric of the space/ time continum slightly ripple. There is no recording of where you sit or what you have ordered, and bearing in mind the only choice is either with cheese or without, what you get is, quite unbelievably , always wrong. 

The best word I can use to describe the service is "Bemused".

Non matchday "Yellows" is a totally different place and I have spent many lunchtimes there, ordering from a vast array of American sounding goodies and always getting good fare. 

I''m afraid that I have drawn a line under my patronage of Match Day Yellows and today Mrs Beard and myself availed ourselves of the Burger Bar. We received exactly what we ordered. As Mrs Beard said today, I know how to show a girl a good time. [;)]