Sign in to follow this  
Rudolph Hucker

Barnett's Red Card Suspension

Is it a one game ban for this alleged offence? I thought three game bans were for serious foul play.

Also, is the ban for league games only? This would mean Leon could either play against MK - thus resting De Laet - or if not the MK game would chalk a suspension game off. I assume he will be able to play.

I also thought the suspension length was dependent on the severity of the incident. Radio Norfolk seemed to think Barnett has been given 3 matches, but Gervinho got a 3 match ban for his slap on Barton, the FA can''t say Barnett deserves an equally as long punishment for a coming together in the box?

A straight red for a professional foul normally carries a one match ban whereas a straight red for volent conduct would get you a three match ban. So unless the referee includes anything in his report which would cause the ban to be increased (failure to leave the field of play, dissent etc.) it will be a one match ban.

I would imagine that the Cup game could count as his one-match suspension - it does in non-league, if that''s anything to go by!

When Holt and Lappin both got themselves deliberately booked when 7-0 up away to Paulton Rovers in the FA Cup 2 years ago, that racked up 5 bookings for both - they subsequently missed the next game which just so happened to be the JPT (a different competition).

Barnett should therefore miss the MK Dons game only (which he wouldnt have played in anyway!!)

Will we contest the red card?

Not that it matters if he''s only going to miss the MK Dons match, and if we contest it, would the ban itself be suspended until the decision was made? (so say, it was unsuccessful, the ban would then be for the Chelsea game, because the decision couldn''t be made in time for Tuesday)

If we appeal and its deemed ''fivoulous'', his suspension could be increased to 2 games.

Let him serve the 1 game suspension against McDons and be done with it.