Sign in to follow this  
ziggy

tony pulis

how he came out and said they deserved a draw and were bit unhappy that they didint win is beyond me !!!!! was he at carrow road ???? grant holt gave an incredible captains display and bradley johnson !!!! wow !!! what a good signing he will be .

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]Natural bias by Pulis I suppose; I agree about BJ - since the Parma game he has become much more integrated - all credit to him.[/quote]

managers will always say that, but we know different, It wasn''t Stoke that won the point it was the ref,

Pulling the rabbit out of the bag for them, we have to appeal that red card , I liked what that Belfast presenter on MOTD2 said about us and the match

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]Natural bias by Pulis I suppose; I agree about BJ - since the Parma game he has become much more integrated - all credit to him.[/quote]

managers will always say that, but we know different, It wasn''t Stoke that won the point it was the ref,

Pulling the rabbit out of the bag for them, we have to appeal that red card , I liked what that Belfast presenter on MOTD2 said about us and the match

[/quote]

Lambert has said this morning that we won''t be appealing.

There are a few dodgy comments on here.

The penalty was obviously a big mistake by the Ref but I suppose that got evened out by the fact we didn''t score. It shouldn''t have been given in the first place though so I can understand the criticisms on that front.

As for the red card itself though, you can have no complaints. Its the letter of the law, if your last man and deny a goalscoring opportunity then it is a red and that is what happened.

I think overall we definitely deserved a draw but its always difficult to take when it happens so late on so I can understand your disappointment.

I thought you did ok overall and I hope you give it a good go this season. I much prefer the "smaller" teams to do well than the "big" teams.

All the best for the rest of the season.

WD

I think a draw was fair really.

Justice was done when the penalty was saved. but the Barnett decision was probably right. It was as much a foul and a red than the Ipswich one at Carrow last season.

After that point it was all Stoke, and I was glad we hadn''t conceded earlier than we did.

I think Pulis comment is fair really, if we had drawn a game having missed a penalty we''d be disappointed not to have won whether we deserved to win is not really a relevant consideration. Also, any game in which you have 35 mins to have a go at 10 men you''d hope to win.

Onwards and upwards. We''ll continue to improve.

[quote user="WhyDelilah"]Much fairer assesment, I thought Pilko looked handy. Not much for Holt. WD[/quote]

What did you think of Bennett? I thought he caused you some real problems, would be good to get an impartial view.

Barnett shouldn''t have been sent off, IMO he was the one being fouled, Walters had his arms all over him pulling at him to get past, when he did pass that is when they clashed legs and Walters went down like a whores draws.

He looked good too.

The biggest problem with any team coming up is scoring goals.

We really struggled in our first season, if it hadn''t have been for the signing of Beattie in the Jan window we''d have definitely gone down in my opinion.

He came in and scored the goals that took us to safety.

A lot will depend on Holt if he is your main goal scorer. He needs to do the bizz for you.

I think maybe Stoke deserved a draw, albeit with quite a lot of help from the ref, but there''s no way that they deserved to win the game. Maybe Pulis had that ridiculous baseball cap covering his eyes at times.

How the ref help us get the draw?

We scored a good goal, decent move, good cross, great header. Ref had nothing to do with it.

It wasn''t a penalty agreed, but we didn''t score that.

The red card was a red card.

WD

I agree that the draw was a fair result and to be honest had Stoke took one of their chances earlier, we could of lost the game.

Playing too deep towards the end was suicide, but there were more positives than negatives overall and I love the way Norwich have no big time Charlies. Having hungry players from lower levels with a point to prove is a breath of fresh air in the closed shop of the Premier League.

My main concern about yesterday is that I received a call in the morning stating that Hoolahan wouldn''t be playing today, though ''may be on the bench'' subject to him being sold... The first part has proved to be right, but I hope the second part is not!!!

Sorry, that was never a red card. In a million years. Even someone with extremely red & white tinted glasses should be able to see that.

And if it wasn''t a penalty, it shouldn''t have been a red card,

[quote user="Dan Druff"]

I think maybe Stoke deserved a draw, albeit with quite a lot of help from the ref, but there''s no way that they deserved to win the game. Maybe Pulis had that ridiculous baseball cap covering his eyes at times.

[/quote]

I agree that they didn''t deserve a win - and Im not sure Pulis said that they did. In any game you draw but miss a penalty and play against 10 men for 35 mins you would expect to have won. Whether the decisions to get to that position (i.e. the pen and the red card) aren''t really Pulis''s concern, and nor would they be ours if it were the other way round.

It seems to me that tangles of legs are invariably given as freekicks in the prem, this incident was not a lot different to the one at Wigan really. Forwards are shrewder, stronger and faster, we need to learn quickly, which I''m sure we will.

If you keep working hard there is no reason you can not stay up in this league.

Fans from the "bigger" clubs will be queuing up to tell you that you are going straight back down. As they will be with the other promoted teams and there''s still plenty that throw it at us too.

You can''t pay any attention to that mind. They would have you believe there is no way you can bridge the gap between the quality in what you have and their Superhero players.

Hard work and team spirit goes a long way. You do need that bit of quality too but don''t underestimate what can be achieved with 11 players all pulling in the same direction, wokring hard for one another.

It can be done.

WD

[quote user="87canary"]Sorry, that was never a red card. In a million years. Even someone with extremely red & white tinted glasses should be able to see that.

And if it wasn''t a penalty, it shouldn''t have been a red card,[/quote]

Its the letter of the law, nothing to do with bias opinion.

If you stop a goal scoring opportunity as last man, its a red.

I notice you didn''t answer my post Delilah, is that because you don''t want to admit I''m right? 

If the ref saw it how it was, a freekick, then a red card may not have come out, some refs would have some wouldn''t, it wasn''t a bad tackle it was a coming together really, light foul if that then the fact that really he isn''t a threat on goal. Some would have been given some wouldn''t. In the end Stoke deserved a point but only because we went down to 10 men. We were pretty comfortable up until then.

Oh and IMO we had a pretty good penalty shout for a foul on Barnett after a cross or corner someone had a handful of his face and pushed him over. Anyone else see that?

On reflection I thought a draw was a fair result. We had about 20min spell in the 1st half where we were very good. At the start of the 2nd half Stoke took the initiative, I thought Bennett and Pilkington went a bit quiet. What we did superbly, against a physical team, was defended the 1st ball into the box, which is why it is difficult for me to understand Pulis saying they deserved to win. They had possession but created few clear cut goal scoring chances in open play.

Very harsh to criticse Barnett for one incident, or De Laet last week but 2 games and 2 mistakes have cost goals and points. That said, we have still managed to pick up points, and deservedly so. Our players will get use to the standard (or be replaced). I thought Barnett played well yesterday, but his error will cost him, how long before he will be back in the team? I have every confidence in the squad Lambert has assembled.

[quote user="Harry"]I notice you didn''t answer my post Delilah, is that because you don''t want to admit I''m right?[/quote]

When you make a valid point perhaps I will take the time to respond to it.

Didn''t Kieran Richardson make a similar foul against Liverpool last week (the Suarez penalty miss) and get only a yellow card? The thing that annoys all football fans is the lack of consistency between referees.