Sign in to follow this  
CantonsHero

Norwich vs. Stoke Player Ratings

Seriously, what was Martin doing that made him.look poor?

I would old a list, because he wasn''t rubbish, I really really don''t understand how people fail to rate what he does.

Chris Martin had more of an impact than he is being given credit for by some of you. As Ricardo said people just see what they want to.

1st competitive match for months, looked like he had shifted some weight and played very well.

[quote user="Gingerpele"]Seriously, what was Martin doing that made him.look poor?

I would old a list, because he wasn''t rubbish, I really really don''t understand how people fail to rate what he does.[/quote]GP, this is like deja vu we had it all last season.Just gotta accept like Ricardo said, people see what they want to.+ my personal preference that most people are just thick and play a bit of FIFA or FM11 so think they understand how to play football !

As said a few posts up, Martin has shifted some bulk and was running down everything in sight yesterday. (Something I will even admit was not his strong point last season ) His passing and link up play is top rate, think if we shift Martin from a striker to more of a play maker then we will have an utter gem on our hands. With his pressence he could find himself seeing more game time than Wes this year in a similar role !

I agree that Chris Martin had a good game against a very difficult and tough defence, there is a reason why Stoke are hard to beat now and why Chelsea struggled. He did a huge amount of work linking the two central midfielders who generally sat quite deep, with Holt and the two wingers, often coming back to collect balls and but for a decent save had our best shot on target in the second half.

I also thought Crofts was immense, going for everything and never giving up. Quite often he was isolated with the ball at his feet but usually passed it safely.

I''d pick Pilkington over Bennet for the wingers, Bennett did OK, but Pilkington looked very lively and confident with some great overlap work with Tierney.

Tactics in last 10 mins were wrong for me. I know there''s another thread on this, but Surman didn''t get tight enough and that gave their midfield too much space on our left. Jackson seemed to go into headless chicken mode and we could have kept the ball better had Fox come in or even Wes. We should have gone 4-4-1 and subbed Holt as he was knackered by then, Martin could have provided threat up front and we should have shored up midfield. The goal seemed almost inevitable that ball was pinging in our box so much.

Overall when it was 11 v 11 we generally looked a better side than they did, only Jones'' height and the odd dinky run from Etherington looked to cause us any trouble. But this was the sort of game we need to win, the next few home games are all in that category. However I think we''ll give a few sides a scare this season.

Its simply ppl not like much Martin is because goals is away from him and with same 2 in attack who both was regulars in league one Holt&Martin we will hold up work ethic big etc etc but goals will not be from them who is shame because still they are forward line....