Sign in to follow this  
canarydan23

Neil Swarbrick

May have been mentioned already, but hasn''t this chumped screwed us over before in the past 2-3 seasons?

Somewhere in my memory bank I recall posting a Facebook status wishing all manner off ill things upon Mr Swarbrick, but I cannot for the life of me remember why or for what game it was that I felt he had screwed us over.

You''re probably thinking of this...[url=http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/7990085.stm]http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/7990085.stm[/url]"The Canaries were angered by referee Neil Swarbrick''s decision to award

Ipswich a penalty after Lisbie had hurdled a challenge from Marshall."

Scratch that, posting this message has jogged my memory.

He''s the worthless piece of incompetent s(um that gave a penalty against us at Portaloo Road when Kevin Lisbie went diving.

This chump may have just overtaken Andy D''Urso, Lee Probert and Eddie Ilderton in my list of most despised whistle-blowers.

He was referee for 2 of our games last season.

Leeds away & Nottingham Forest at home

http://refworld.com/referee/174/1/neil-swarbrick

[quote user="canarydan23"]Scratch that, posting this message has jogged my memory. He''s the worthless piece of incompetent s(um that gave a penalty against us at Portaloo Road when Kevin Lisbie went diving. This chump may have just overtaken Andy D''Urso, Lee Probert and Eddie Ilderton in my list of most despised whistle-blowers.[/quote]

Don''t forget infuriating fouteen year old Michael Oliver who sent Holt off for nothing in last year''s away game at Reading when we were cruising to victory only to end up being pegged back to 3-3! Didn''t matter in the end as we got promoted anyway but I was fuming for several days after that one!

I fear there may be a few more names added to the list in the coming weeks if what we have seen so far is anything to go by.

[quote user="Tangible Fixed Assets anyone"]

Can anybody remember the name of the awful referee we had at Tranmere away in our division 1 season?

[/quote]

Eddie Ilderton and he has already been mentioned on this very thread.

Is this what they call a Juxtaposition? It''s a long time since I did English Literature at O level . The standard of everything improves in the premier league but the standard of refereeing actually falls? So far , so bad. [:^)]