Sign in to follow this  
NWC

Poor 'kin reffing - AGAIN!!!!

foul outside the area by at least a yarduseless blinking useless!!!! 

From the Grauniad:"What appeared to have been Stoke''s best opportunity to equalise came

shortly after the hour. Replays suggested the referee Neil Swarbrick was

wrong to award a penalty and send off Leon Barnett after contact

between he and Walters appeared to be both slight and fair."Good to know we are not just looking through yellow & green goggles. Thought we looked nervy at times today, but well organised & incredibly determined. I think we''ll grow into this league, just as we did last year. And, Mr. Chops, Holt will become as awesome as ever. You heard it here first.

Agreed he was bloody awful, never a foul (imo), even if it was it was outside the area and wasn''t a dogso (denying obvious goalscoring opportunity) therefore at the most free-kick. Not a sending off, not a pen, simples.

In my opinion, Walters ''pulled a Holt'' on Barnett. He got right in front of him so there was no way both players could keep going without there being contact. The difference is that Holt does this on purpose and makes it look convincing whilst Walters just misjudged it and fell over. An even poorer decision now that I''ve seen it again.

It completely changed the game, don''t let anyone tell you different. Having to take off a wide player gave them a lot more room on the wings, they got an extra man and, perhaps most importantly, it took our defensive leader out of the side. Naughton, De Laet, and Ayala are all basically kids playing against a team who are the very best of the best at playing rough. Someone on the highlights I saw noted that the defence didn''t get up and out when they should have done; case and point.

Welcome back to the Prem, hey guys and gals [:S]

He did a couple of Prem games last season but was only promoted to the "Select Group" this summer, alongside Jon Moss.Should only be a one game ban for Barnett, will be interesting to see if he''s able to serve that on Tuesday night.

[quote user="Northluck C."]He did a couple of Prem games last season but was only promoted to the "Select Group" this summer, alongside Jon Moss.

Should only be a one game ban for Barnett, will be interesting to see if he''s able to serve that on Tuesday night.
[/quote]

Ok, i stand corrected, still not really an experienced ref.

Wont it be a 2 or 3 game ban for a straight red?

TBH I have yet to see a replay but the players suggested that something was not right. However even assuming that decision to send Barnett off was correct ( penalty or not ) how was the Shawcross challenge on Holt on the halfway line when he went straight through him not a second yellow.

[quote user="jed exodous"]

Wont it be a 2 or 3 game ban for a straight red?

[/quote]Unless I''m mistaken, denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity is a one game ban. Fraser Forster was sent off twice for DAOGO two seasons ago and I''m sure he only missed one game each time.

Couple of points.

The pen at Wigan was given by the linesman. Yesterday the linesman gave nothing, but the ref decided, from just inside the half, to guess. This is what made it a deplorable decision.

Second, look at the pressure the stoke players put on the ref. There are three standing around the ref at the time of the incident and all run towards him.

I think the refs so far have cost us 4 pts.

[quote user="Lambert is King"]TBH I have yet to see a replay but the players suggested that something was not right. However even assuming that decision to send Barnett off was correct ( penalty or not ) how was the Shawcross challenge on Holt on the halfway line when he went straight through him not a second yellow.[/quote]

I think the foul was on Chris Martin and it would definitely have been a yellow card but the refereee spotted who had committed the foul, realised that he had already booked him and, as a result, moved his hand swiftly away from his pocket. We have seen this sort of thing before but I think we can expect much more of it this season.

And yet i hear Lambert is not contesting. I think this is because, eventhough it was patently not a penalty, the sending off has nothing to do with where the ''foul'' took place. It''s about whether it was a foul and whether it was an obvious goal scoring opportunity. The ''panel'' will undoubtedly say it was, so then it all rests on whether or not it was a foul. I don''t think it was, i think it was exactly the same as De Laet''s supposed foul on Di Santo at Wigan. Unfortunately however, this seems to be what we have to get used to in this league. Any sort of coming together can get interpreted as a foul. I think it''s total BS and incredibly harsh on Barnett, but in terms of the panel of fools that decide these things, you have to look at it from their perspective which is always one of looking for any way of arguing that it was the correct decision. Their perspective is never to look at probabilities, benefit of the doubt (as in cricket) or consistency of decision. It is solely, "can we ensure the decision stands?" And the answer to that in this case is yes, because they only need to be able to argue that it''s a foul, and in this case they can argue that.

Is it just me, or do 95% of refs go against Norwich all the time?

Not sure whether it''s because we have just got back to the premiership, or whether they just don''t like us, but I find refs hardly ever give anything our way unless they have to as it''s obvious.

We do get the odd thing here any there our way when it maybe shoudn''t have been, but I honestly think the refs we have sometimes support the oppisite teams! Haha.

Maybe when we show them how good we really are and that we are a well established premiership team, they wil change?

I suppose only time will tell. :)

Michaela.x

If you watch the incident from the Ruddys''s angle it looks like Barnett was the one being fouled if anything , i don''t think he did much wrong .