Sign in to follow this  
Nexus_Canary

Tickets...... I guess We gotta just face facts

Just called the ticket office.First time I have ever heard the message " Sorry the ticket office que is full due to the high volume of callers"Guess its going to be an utter arse all season.......All I want to do is down grade my dads 65+ season ticket for tomorrows game ><Bloody fair weather fans suddenly wanting tickets ><

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I''m more interested in how your Dad suddenly got younger.[/quote][:D]!!

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Bloody fair weather fans suddenly wanting tickets ><[/quote]Of course, until we got to The Premier League Carrow Road has been half empty.....................

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Mister Chops"]I''m more interested in how your Dad suddenly got younger.

[/quote]
[:D]!!
[/quote]

And the most patronising posters of the day award goes to.....

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Just called the ticket office.
First time I have ever heard the message " Sorry the ticket office que is full due to the high volume of callers"

[/quote]

Makes a change from the recording they played for the Inter Milan match. As far as I remember it was just a guy laughing his head off.

[quote user="InLambertWeTrust"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Mister Chops"]I''m more interested in how your Dad suddenly got younger.[/quote][:D]!![/quote]

[/quote]Eh?

I''ve been a season ticket holder for years and when my over 60 (as is has been) father couldnt make i''ve taken someone who is in their 40''s no problem, never had a question asked.

[quote user="morty"][quote user="InLambertWeTrust"]

[quote user="morty"][quote user="Mister Chops"]I''m more interested in how your Dad suddenly got younger.[/quote][:D]!![/quote]

[/quote]Eh?[/quote]I don''t think CT knows what "patronising" means.Still, for someone of his age and apparent intellect, I think I speak for us all when I say I really admire how hard he tries.

I don''t think you''ll have any problems going even if you don''t change the ticket. My granddad used to come along on my little brother''s season ticket, no one ever asked why a man in his 60s had an Under 16s ticket.

[quote user="NCFC_Thain"]I don''t think you''ll have any problems going even if you don''t change the ticket. My granddad used to come along on my little brother''s season ticket, no one ever asked why a man in his 60s had an Under 16s ticket.[/quote]

I can''t see this happening that often this season, not with McNally and his iron fist running the show!

[quote user="Herman "]

[quote user="NCFC_Thain"]I don''t think you''ll have any problems going even if you don''t change the ticket. My granddad used to come along on my little brother''s season ticket, no one ever asked why a man in his 60s had an Under 16s ticket.[/quote]

I can''t see this happening that often this season, not with McNally and his iron fist running the show!

[/quote]

---

Exactly. That was then, this is now. In Section 6 of the fine print it says that the club has the right to cancel a season ticket if  someone uses it to get in cheaply. Ie, an an adult getting in on a concession ticket. Or a child on an OAP ticket.

That may have been ignored in the past, but we now have an executive management regime that prides itself on its ruthlessness. And we have a season ticket waiting list. Cancel the concession season ticket for breaking the rules and sell it to a full-price adult on the waiting list. A win-win scenario for the club.

Yeh if I tried that Id probably get the employee of the month jobs worth or something !"Hi dad did you have a good holiday ? Stoke game was great, btw your season ticket has been canceled"

Dont think that would go down to well, he might be over 65 but he is a mean old bastard !!!!

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Yeh if I tried that Id probably get the employee of the month jobs worth or something !"Hi dad did you have a good holiday ? Stoke game was great, btw your season ticket has been canceled"

Dont think that would go down to well, he might be over 65 but he is a mean old bastard !!!![/quote]Why is the steward a "jobsworth" for doing their job properly and stopping people getting a concession when they shouldn''t?I''m not having a go at you because you are trying to do the right thing and getting the correct ticket assigned to the user, but someone is not a jobsworth just because they do their job properly.

Sorry, I stayed away from the forums over the off season as it backlogs full of transfer rumours and other crap.I forgot in my absence that your not allowed to have a sense of humor or crack a joke round here ! My bad.Yes, i admire the profesional who ID''s an old boy just to ensure that sneaky law breaker is not 64 and 11 months. Throw the bloody book at the old bastard  !!!!!!!

From time to time I''d go in on my uncles adult ticket when I was a u16. No chance of a downgrade... of course it its the other way round you''re forced to upgrade....

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]

Exactly. That was then, this is now. In Section 6 of the fine print it says that the club has the right to cancel a season ticket if  someone uses it to get in cheaply. Ie, an an adult getting in on a concession ticket. Or a child on an OAP ticket.

That may have been ignored in the past, but we now have an executive management regime that prides itself on its ruthlessness. And we have a season ticket waiting list. Cancel the concession season ticket for breaking the rules and sell it to a full-price adult on the waiting list. A win-win scenario for the club.

[/quote]

---

Just to be clear, there are quite enough reasons to criticise the club, but this wouldn''t be one of them. It has a perfect right to make sure people are not abusing the season ticket system.

[quote user="merson_dim"]From time to time I''d go in on my uncles adult ticket when I was a u16. No chance of a downgrade... of course it its the other way round you''re forced to upgrade....[/quote]

Tell me about it.  I went for what I thought was going to be a wee at a Motorway Service Station café yesterday, only to find to my horror that I had to upgrade.

Still, one dump.

they have added two windows to pick up tickets. The que will be smaller because of that tommorow

slightly off cue, but I think a few people on here should take a deep breath before replying and admire the jests from the likely crew of nexus, mr chops, mungo, and the ever bizzare genius that is mike walker...these jokers make this site what it is as if it wasn''t for them the doom merchants and posters thinking they are the secret board member or aides to McNasty would definitely make me want to switch off.

lighten up folks.

aforementioned jesters...as you were.

(btw - if anyone has ever taken one of my posts seriously...I do apologise...I was never meant to be that way...my life is hard enough as it is...football is my release).

We have never been able to get through to the ticket office without having to wait in a long queue, or more frequently have to call over and over again because we couldn''t even get into the queue. At least this season we have STs, although we still have the same problem for away games. I envy those who live locally and can simply turn up and stand in a real queue!

Wonder if you are the reason that all under 21s have had to prove their age this season

[quote user="Mister Chops"][quote user="morty"][quote user="InLambertWeTrust"]

[/quote]Eh?[/quote]I don''t think CT knows what "patronising" means.Still, for someone of his age and apparent intellect, I think I speak for us all when I say I really admire how hard he tries.[/quote]It might be half eight in the morning, but that still made me laugh a fair bit. Well played Chopso.

[quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Just called the ticket office.First time I have ever heard the message " Sorry the ticket office que is full due to the high volume of callers"Guess its going to be an utter arse all season.......All I want to do is down grade my dads 65+ season ticket for tomorrows game ><[/quote]

fair weather fans......what a load of crap......there have been loads of times when Ive had to sit hitting re-dial for hours to get through.

On Friday I did it for ages...got through and managed to bag a buy back ticket for the Stoke game today.

[/quote fair weather fans......what a load of crap......there have been loads of times when Ive had to sit hitting re-dial for hours to get through. On Friday I did it for ages...got through and managed to bag a buy back ticket for the Stoke game today.quote]

WHOOOOOOOOSSSHHHHHH !!

[quote user="PurpleCanary"][quote user="Herman "]

[/quote]

---

[/quote]

I agree with Purple (Hurrah!) . I took my Father in Law to the Palace game last year and tried to use my sons u21 concession ticket as I had several times before; they were, after all, the same price (my FIL being 70). Stopped at Turnstile, and I had to up grade.

Incidentally, I''ve just called the box office to upgrade my sons U21 ticket for my wife to use. £27 PLUS £1.50 booking fee. I feel a little light headed!

[quote user="clarkey1972"][quote user="Nexus_Canary"]Just called the ticket office.First time I have ever heard the message " Sorry the ticket office que is full due to the high volume of callers"Guess its going to be an utter arse all season.......All I want to do is down grade my dads 65+ season ticket for tomorrows game ><Bloody fair weather fans suddenly wanting tickets ><[/quote]

fair weather fans......what a load of crap......there have been loads of times when Ive had to sit hitting re-dial for hours to get through.

On Friday I did it for ages...got through and managed to bag a buy back ticket for the Stoke game today.[/quote]1 postFair weather fanRight anyway, my lift is here, off to enjoy my SEASON TICKET*snigger snigger*