Sign in to follow this  
Gingerpele

MOTD2!!

Had a quick look, and couldn''t see a MOTD thread this evening, is that because the footage showed us to be the better team and Dixon/Hartson said sensible things?

Was quite happy with it tonight. Obviously being one of three games we were going to get a bit more shown, but the comments from Dixon especially where very complimentary i thought.

I was thinking te same, and have to agree the width we had today and the work rate both Bennett and pilks put in was brilliant

Well Stoke probably were the better team overall in the second half, albeit because of a wrongful sending off. Its always hard playing with 10 men, but Stoke certainly took advantage of that, and all we did for 25 minuets (including extra time) was play long balls, with only a couple of them looking like they might amount to anything.

Another thing, i thought Stoke started off quite well, but i suppose they didn''t have a decent chance on goal in that period, so thats why none of that was on/mentioned on MOTD. But we weren''t far behind anyway, and then completely outplayed them for the rest of the first half.

It looked good because it was good, only after the sending off did they end up on top and that was only because of that. Chris Martin was heavily involved in nearly every attack we had dropping deep.

Watched the game on one of the ''Naughty'' chanels.

The commentator, not sure who he was, a Brummie sounding fella was so refreshing to listen to with comments on us like, ''That passing move was fantastic, if Man Utd did that, you would all be drooling but because it''s Norwich, noone will mention it again.''

The reason I mention this is because there are pundits out there who appreciate the reality of the game and not just what they think the majority want to hear. MOTD are already winding me up with their commentaries on Man City. They seem to have made a pact to lick as much Man City posterior as possible based on them spending lots of money. One guy tonight said during their game ''Man City have been by far the most outstanding team this season!'' It''s only two games old mate and you''ve already chosen your camp for the season. FFS!

Must have been watching the same stream as you mate, have to say I did give the screen a personal round of applause when I heard the commentator say that.

Andy Townsend who I normally can''t stand as a pundit made some good observations for a change.

I was very pleased that none of the commentators said anything that even sounded remotely like "newly-promoted, will struggle". It was good to see the very positive focus on Holt, too and the little cameo they did showing his passing play and his holding play. They noted that he''s not the quickest striker, but fully appreciated all the other things he does.

It was a fair summing up on MOTD 2; the game was played at a high standard and we were full value for 3 points.

The Barnett incident was a coming together outside the box - not a foul within it. Many refs would have simply waved play on...

Shame we''re not looking at 4 league points this morning.

[quote user="Norfolk Mustard"]

It was a fair summing up on MOTD 2; the game was played at a high standard and we were full value for 3 points.

The Barnett incident was a coming together outside the box - not a foul within it. Many refs would have simply waved play on...

Shame we''re not looking at 4 league points this morning.

[/quote]

I read what Terry Venables said  the other week, Norwich city will be the suprise package this season and cause some big upsets, and predicts 14th finish I think a lot of teams will see us as a big threat, Pity about yesterday I really do think we have to contest the red card

we absolutley have to contest the red card it was a freaking joke and changed the game on its head.

Talking about MOTD......I have seen it twice now and cant see where City are covered on the opening credits?

Am I missing it or have we been ignored by the beeb again

Pleased to hear that we got some good reviews on the beeb. Watched the game live on TV here. Yes the summarizer, Dean Sturridge, was great. Remember him scoring for Wolves against us in the Play-off semi. Anyway he was very knowledgeable about all things NCFC. He was well aware of the fomations we had played in the championship etc., The studio pundits also gave rave reviews. Half time: "Norwich have been fantastic!" and so on.

I''m not normally a ref-basher, but I''m not sure quite what he saw to warrant producing a red card and give a penalty? Cost us the win.

I noticed that too Clarkey - where are we???

There is some old bloke in a green and yellow bobble hat - but surely that''s not it for us, is it??

[quote user="clarkey1972"]we absolutley have to contest the red card it was a freaking joke and changed the game on its head. Talking about MOTD......I have seen it twice now and cant see where City are covered on the opening credits? Am I missing it or have we been ignored by the beeb again[/quote]

when on the train there is a yellow and green bit, not alot i know!!!

Lee Dixon really puts the Lawro/Shearer/Hansen team to shame.

Thought the MOTD crew were really fair and did a good job.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[quote user="clarkey1972"]we absolutley have to contest the red card it was a freaking joke and changed the game on its head. Talking about MOTD......I have seen it twice now and cant see where City are covered on the opening credits? Am I missing it or have we been ignored by the beeb again[/quote]

[/quote]

Yep the bit on the train where there is a brief chant of "City!" is from the trip on one of the Specials to one of the Wembley finals in the 70''s - aye I''m that old! God knows what the editorial thought on using that clip is about though? Editor is probably an Ip5wi1ch fan.

[quote user="I am a Banana"]

[/quote]

its an outrage......I thought before hand they would use the fashanu v liverpool clip or maybe gossy v leeds.....its pathetic

totally agree with the opening credits comments, we''re nowhere and there''s so much archive footage to choose from! I thought yesterdays MOTD2 commentary was ok, apart from one comment that said "carrow road is silent, its like someone''s pressed mute on the Norwich supporters'' or something along those lines. Wound me up a bit, there was very few times when there was no noise (usually when we were trying to prove the stoke supporters'' silence) so thought this comment was utter tosh tbh. Must say we were awesome though!

thought it was like a ghost town personally, quietest i have ever heard carrow rd but it was probably because we were all on edge wanting those 3 points so bad

[quote user="Rasputin was a C..."]I''d agree that the atmosphere for the majority was excellent. However, as the second half got under way there was bugger all noise at all. It was a little odd.[/quote]You know what causes it? After half time after fans necking beer, coke, tea & coffee.  It takes 5 minutes or so to do a big burp.  You can''t sing/chant with that gas build up.