Sign in to follow this  
yellowbib

Holt and Mick Dennis winding up opposition

Just had a quick look on the Stoke fanzine site and they aren''t impressed with Holt or our canary loving journo pal! Quite amusing

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=Potters&action=display&thread=171667

[quote user="yellowbib"]Just had a quick look on the Stoke fanzine site and they aren''t impressed with Holt or our canary loving journo pal! Quite amusing

http://oatcakefanzine.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=Potters&action=display&thread=171667[/quote]

Classy, eloquent bunch aren''t they

I love how fans don''t like our Grant Holt, having players like that in our team can only help releave the pressure from others.

Those Stoke fans are some of the most foul mouthed ( lol fingured ?!) oikes I have come across."Your fans were shite considering it was your big day out in the sun."

Someone needs to remind thise Oatcake ( LOL ) that our big day out in the sun certainly is not "shi1tty" Stoke.Manure, Scouse, Arse , Chelski... now thats a big day in the sun !

[quote user="GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary"]

"We had more possession than you"

Of course you will when you have an extra man for half an hour................thick northern tw@s !!!

[/quote]It''s a big deal for Stoke as it is the first time they have ever had more than 50% of possession in a Premier League game. Only took them 116 games to do it.

It is fair to say that Holty knows how to get decisions in his favour. However, to suggest he''s in the same league as some of the diving fairies in this league is a little misguided. I seem to remember on a number of occasions the "big, strong, tough" Stoke players going over a little easily and staying down or having a whinge.Bless.

Wow I am left astounded at just how flowing their use of the English language is   [:S].  I think it says it all about their fans, thick, backwards, and cavemen-like.

Such a pity that their jealousy of us having an immense player like Grant Holt, gets in the way of what was a great game of, us teaching them we aren''t little ''ole'' Norwich City anymore.

By their fans recation to getting a last minute equalizer against a 10 man ,newly promoted team maybe its time to reassess this list of teams who are going to be down the bottom of the league come the end of the season. I ''m going to add Stoke to the list of Wigan and Blackburn (aswell as Swanseax and QPR). What we saw today was how heavily reliant they are on the throw-ins on Delap......and without him whats left is an ordinary team.   You''ll always be a little,classless football club Stoke, regardless of what level of English football you''re in.

[quote user="Mello Yello"]The Stoke fans with their foul language - are all just pottery mouths.....[/quote]Very good.I''m not sure how Stoke had more than 50% possession as by my reckoning when the ball''s thirty feet in the air it''s not "possessed" by anybody.

I dont mind Stoke but lets be fair they do play hideous football & they didn''t have over 50% possesion anyway. Well atleast not according to the BBC stats.http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/14520268.stm

And as for our "big day out" its funny how big headed or deluded some fans can get after 4 years in the Prem. It wasn''t long ago Stoke where languishing in the third division at the same time we where in Europe, but no doubt after a trip to league one and a few years in the Championship we''ve become "little old Norwich at our cup final"

[quote user="Time For Heroes"]I dont mind Stoke but lets be fair they do play hideous football & they didn''t have over 50% possesion anyway. Well atleast not according to the BBC stats.http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/14520268.stm

And as for our "big day out" its funny how big headed or deluded some fans can get after 4 years in the Prem. It wasn''t long ago Stoke where languishing in the third division at the same time we where in Europe, but no doubt after a trip to league one and a few years in the Championship we''ve become "little old Norwich at our cup final"[/quote]They had 53.3% according to OPTA who are much more accurate than the PA - who the BBC get their stats from.

That board is quite a funny read (or depressing if you consider those idiots are allowed to vote/drink/operate machinery, etc.).  One poster there thinks we''re in big trouble if we can''t get a win when they play so badly.  Do they really need reminding that they had two extra men on their team today?

Haha that''s hilarious.They must have a combines IQ of about 10. It''s like reading a Leeds message board, but with far fewer fans.

I really think people who think Holt dives/cheats really need to watch him closely.

What he does (and what nearly all Norwich fans know he does) is draw fouls, and uses any contact from opposition players to his advantage. He never goes down with out contact (well he might have once or twice, but not that i can remember) he always get the foul. He gives away a few in the process, but is a very tricky player for the opposition to deal with.

Ha!

Yep, they don''t like the fact that I have written and broadcast about the nastiness and low-level but persistent illegality which permeates their game. In a TV debate with their manager in their first season in the Prem I told him I hoped that, if they stayed up, they would buy some footballers. But that is what they have done. K Jones was a different class to anything we have faced for many years. But PL''s chaps have shown in the first two games (yes, I paid to watch them) that they won''t roll over for anyone and have enough quality and ambition to hurt teams.

I was working at Chelsea on Sat and I think we could get something there next weekend if we don''t concede early and their crowd gets worried (as they were v WBA).

I have ponced a posh ticket (in the box next door to Abramovich''s actually, since you ask) so watch for the celebration when Holty gets his first of the campaign.

Keep the faith. We''re back and we''re staying.

OTBC

Holt''s similar to one Robbie Savage, if he''s on your team you''ll love him, if not you''ll hate him.

The phrase i''d rather have him on the inside p*issing out springs to mind.