Sign in to follow this  
flecky76

City fan kicked to ground rig after the ground

Right after the game, just outside where the Clarence Harbour used to be. There were crowds of people and I saw a small scuffle ahead, then a chap (mid 20''s at a guess) was on the floor and a Stoke fan booted him in the mid-riff while he was down (pretty hard as well). There were words exchanged with a number of fans, but if I''m honest these Stoke fans were pretty big chaps and would have kicked off had anyone had a major go back. Did anyone else see this (must have been as there were plenty of people about).

Cowardly from the Stoke fan and not nice to see. Not a policeman in sight unfortunately, which is strange when you consider this is the main bit where Stoke fans will be mingling with home supporters.

Hopefully the chap wasn''t too badly injured.

I saw it mate,what i could make of it was the stoke lot were baying the Norwich lad to have a fight one on one with one of the younger lads.Most of the stoke lot were in their late 30''s by the looks of them.Tossers need to act their age.The lad should have just walked away,he was never going to win that fight.

I didn''t see this start, but saw it finish. My thoughts were whether the Norwich lads had even been at the game. I thought it odd that they ran off in the direction of the ground - which suggested to me that that was where they were headed in the first place. I don''t condone violence, but the impression I got was it was a couple of gobby lads who happened to be walking past and thought it would be fun to shout at some away fans thinking they would be safe in a crowd. The mates of the lad that took the hiding seem to still have plenty to say for themselves as they were running away and hiding behind other people. I''ve been going to football for near on 20 years and in that time pretty much the only real trouble I''ve ever seen has been when both sides have been looking for it (with perhaps the Leeds game in League 1 being the only notable exception!).

My girlfriend and I saw this too, like the beard we just saw the latter.  we saw some mini NCFC casuals walking away effin and blinding "let''s get the lads" blah blah trying to act hard thinking Danny Boyle is on the look out for extras. Further up towards the bridge it kicked off again, a fat NCFC lad wrestling and punching a fat Stoke fan.  These were the only two fighting and the NCFC fan went down and was kicked in the gut to which everyone thought was too much.  The other stoke fans were saying it should be one on one as 5 of the NCFC lads had been picking on the stoke lad. It was a pathetic scrap and from what I gather instigated by some little idiots.  The kicking the NCFC lad got was also out of order, the Stoke lot should have moved on as it could well have got worse with a lot of city fans ready to step in.  There were elderly Stoke and Norwich fans who looks terrified and some of us stood in front of them to avoid them being near it.The larger and harder looking Stoke fan was talking sense and stopped any more of his lot getting involved.  It''s pathetic, I hope the lad is alright but I also hope we don''t have a culture of young kids thinking they can start tarnishing our club. 

for your information none of you have the correct story and at not one point did the ncfc casuals walk back saying lets get the other boys or walking around effing and blinding.

And you were everywhere all at the same time were you? Are the casual in question? The bottom line in all this is simple... Anyone who thinks fighting at any point during match day is just an asshole. We''re here to watch the footy not get wet over Danny Dyer.

[quote user="anon."]for your information none of you have the correct story and at not one point did the ncfc casuals walk back saying lets get the other boys or walking around effing and blinding.[/quote]

Interesting name for a first time poster.Now why would you want to hide your identity if all was sweetness and light.

By the way come up with an original response and not what i suspect will be forthcoming as a result of my post.

[quote user="anon."]im not here to argue, everyone has an opinion but not quite the facts.[/quote]Give us some facts then!

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="anon."]im not here to argue, everyone has an opinion but not quite the facts.

[/quote]Give us some facts then![/quote]

Well said <<opens popcorn>>

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="lappinitup"][quote user="anon."]im not here to argue, everyone has an opinion but not quite the facts.

[/quote]Give us some facts then![/quote]

Well said <<opens popcorn>>

[/quote]

Make something up if he''s not going to give any facts!

Intrigued by the phrase "Norwich Casuals" . In my day , the Casuals, were a well dressed bunch of hooligans, and I recall reading an article in The Face magazine that the Spurs and Norwich Casuals were deeply appreciative of each others look, before kicking six bells out of each other. In the very early days the look was "track suit" based , with lots of Ellesse, Sergio Tacchini and Lacoste, before it aligned itself almost to the mod revival fashion of the time.

Is it still around? Is this where all of this awful Burberry cap nonsense comes from?

I''ve got some nice pale blue polyester slacks with an elaticated waist band,They''re quite casual when worn with pair of brown loafers and a Pringle cardigan.

I have a lovely pair of pale fawn polyester slacks with an elasticate waist band.They''re quite casual when worn with loafers and a Pringle cardagan

"for your information none of you have the correct story and at not one point did the ncfc casuals walk back saying lets get the other boys or walking around effing and blinding "

you appear to have missed the word ''were'' from before ''walking'' - or used the word walking incorrectly

ps you also appear to have missed the letters ''c'' and ''e'' from the end of your name

Well Mr Anon, if you were there or are indeed one of these lads you are should let us all know what ''really'' happened. Hit us with the truth Mr Fact Hunt.The two lads we saw were dressed like proper little casuals, they looked smart, labels like Tacchini, Fred Perry et al, oh and the obligatory Stone Island.  There we huffing off towards the ground, red faced and saying "Not effin having that, let''s get the boys" and also referred to someone by their name but I didn''t catch it. These same mini-casuals were drinking in the Kings before the game, I could tell by their swagger that they thought they were big time charlies.  They were just acting like teens do, thinking they can take on the world, swearing every other few words.  Still I do commend the lads on their dress sense, they''d spent a few quid :)Anyway Anon Man, whats your version?  I''d like to know what else happened to cause this, hopefully it''s a storm in a tea cup.  PS I have video footage of the Stoke lot, but not the fight itself

Am I the only one who finds the thread title confusing?

"city fan kicked to ground rig after the ground"

Is that spanish? Can someone please translate?

[quote user="Thecanaryfan"]

Am I the only one who finds the thread title confusing?

"city fan kicked to ground rig after the ground"

Is that spanish? Can someone please translate?

[/quote]Yeah, it sounds like we''ve invested in some kind of on-shore oil drilling activity... possibly as another tangible fixed asset for the club.  [*-)]